Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

56 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I use the forum for the same reason that everyone else does...or, should - to express an opinion. You don't have to agree with me - couldn't give one, either way. I agree there's a lot wrong with Twitter / Facebook, in that many extreme views can get aired - not sure I know how you know that Twitter is dangerous if you don't use it? Unless you listen to / read rumours about it? And. yes, the moderators on here do a reasonable job of banning the truly vile - as opposed to those who just have a difference of opinion. Sometimes, the village idiot is he who criticises those people doing exactly the same as him?

You do realise you can click onto twitter accounts without having an actual account ? I can go on the port vale account now and see the comments and videos put on. Dont need use to twitter/Facebook to know social media is plagued nowadays, it's all over the news .Obviously some of the disgusting comments are no more than trolls trying to get a sick kick but these are the issues which is affecting many people and increasing suicide rates. Not just football but twitter in general is a dangerous place and not a very secured social media site. At least this with forum it is minor and like you said just a matter of opinion.  My originally point being gossips and news tends to spread far quicker on a massive platform like twitter where footballers and staff can see it. I doubt many players will be checking OVF on a Friday night. 

Edited by boslemportvale91

Advert:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow 😢 !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

11 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber 

Am I the only person who get's irritated when someone writes "couldn't be bothered to read what others have said but I'll have my say anyway so listen here".

Bloody annoying. "Jibber jabber". What? What other people other than yourself think precious?

• Like 1

Just cutting through the chaff fella, but this season is a dead rubber !!! Only thing to look fwds to is carol and co getting their house in order for next season !!!! 

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

Correct, let’s get back on topic. Who do we think will be at Scrum Half tomorrow?
  • Haha 6

Advert:

21 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Am I the only person who get's irritated when someone writes "couldn't be bothered to read what others have said but I'll have my say anyway so listen here".

Bloody annoying. "Jibber jabber". What? What other people other than yourself think precious?

Everyone is the main character.

There is always the ignore button.

Forecast looks dicey in the morning with heavy snow according to the met office so have to see.

If it goes ahead for some reason I fancy us tomorrow. Walsall are as poor as us defensively and we had enough chances to add to the 3 we got there (Mills!!!) defend better than we did second half we should feel this is one we can win.

Three winnable games this week, it’s crucial we take advantage and try and build a bit of momentum.

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 
How do you know its "jibber jabber" if you haven't read it?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

12 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow 😢 !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

So reading between the lines you are hopeful of a Walsall win to avoid Pugh being a contender .

Also what I watched at FGR last week was a team who put a shift in for 90 mins. Wasn't great , by the same token wasn't crap. We did ok. 

No reason whatsoever we can't beat them. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans aren’t bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

All Managers have a first job and some are successful and some aren’t, I hope Danny’s trial to the end of the season goes well if it doesn’t at least he’s been given a chance by the owners (and some fans).

Edited by soothsayer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Will be lucky if this is on. Extremely winterish here.

As soon as it stops it really doesnt take that long to go away,just depends on how wet or flooded the pitch is.

Its a shame really as most of us remember the days of games being played in mud baths or snow covered pitches,how times change

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans are bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

All Managers have a first job and some are successful and some aren’t, I hope Danny’s trial to the end of the season goes well if it doesn’t at least he’s been given a chance by the owners (and some fans).

Totally spot on,i keep saying this but surely fans want Vale to win every game even if they want rid of a certain manager,i will never understand why any fan would want them to lose,Pugh wasn't my first choice but i was open to a young new manager,if he gets results then he should get the job

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans aren’t bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

Very true. Instead of an unknown manager promoted from within some want an unknown manger from outside. Same gamble IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Very true. Instead of an unknown manager promoted from within some want an unknown manger from outside. Same gamble IMO. 

I don’t think it is. Pugh has been part of something that hasn’t worked under two managers. I’d prefer a clear out and someone in with no relation to the club and who isn’t mates with the players 

• Like 2