onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

I think McKirdy has been released. 

Advert

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'm guessing that was breaking him in gently ready for an immediate recall at Scunthorpe.

I really hope he stays fit from now on because if he breaks down and we continue with Mills in the back 4 then we are heading for even rockier waters than we are in now. 

We've had our usual misfortune with injuries and this is where the squad depth has proved to be woeful. You can get away with maybe a couple missing but we've had 4,5,6 missing at times and the replacements are poor to garbage. 

Gibbons status has gone through the roof by not playing because Mills is so shocking. He must stay fit fingers crossed. 

Mills had one of his better games yesterday to be fair, certainly not shocking, so maybe we can bring Gibbo back gradually over the next coupe of games.  Gibbo's status is helped by his style of play, all action, never say die.  We don't have anyone else like him in that regard.  I'd like to see more of it from Smith.  He seems to have lost some of his aggression so far this season.

37 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Talking to a mate who’s a Leeds fan about Vale today and he was saying “sounds like the club is rotten” that’s an outsider; looks of leaks and rumours.

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation.

Absolutely right. Carol needs to sort the situation out quickly, before we slip to the point of no return 

9 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

Seeing as you have such a great handle on the goings on within the club, and the wider world of the football industry itself, perhaps you should offer Carol your services rather than wasting your time on an internet forum.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Seeing as you have such a great handle on the goings on within the club, and the wider world of the football industry itself, perhaps you should offer Carol your services rather than wasting your time on an internet forum.

Great response mate instead of having a debate about my post and discussing the points which id happily do just take a sly dig instead. I forgot you cant have a opinion unless you agree with everything that port vale fc say or do. Grow up

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

This is uncalled for. It is obvious that something is wrong at the Vale. How it’s sorted is not easy, but a good sorting it obviously needs 

3 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

This........great post!

12 hours ago, Joe B said:

Had enough of this club.

Crikey Joe,if you want to be a Valiant you have to be a bit more patient than that.Don't expect success straight away,even after six plus years.I had to wait ten years for my first promotion from this league and then another twelve years for the next one,with a relegation in between.There's more pain than gain but the good times are really worth waiting for.Trust me,you might have to wait for a while but the rewards are unforgettable.Keep The Faith.

3 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

Top post worthy of a response from the club. What is happening??

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Crikey Joe,if you want to be a Valiant you have to be a bit more patient than that.Don't expect success straight away,even after six plus years.I had to wait ten years for my first promotion from this league and then another twelve years for the next one,with a relegation in between.There's more pain than gain but the good times are really worth waiting for.Trust me,you might have to wait for a while but the rewards are unforgettable.Keep The Faith.

What advice would you give me FUA I have been waiting 60 plus years 

Archived