onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

Must say and it's only my personal opinion that I don't agree with anyone who says we played well yesterday in the first half. 

Even in the first half we were uninventive and like nervous kittens in defence. At half time I had no thoughts that we'd go on to win the game and would of taken 1-1 

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah sorry, agree with FM, yeah Brown has been pretty awful recently, but goes both ways too...defending has been terrible all season, how can you expect him to have any confidence in what's in front of him?

He was absolute garbage today (albeit on a terrible pitch & that 3rd happens to every keeper at some point), but I'd say on the face of it there's been plenty of that happening in front of him week after week. Also who are we dropping him for if Visser is apparently out?

The defence has to operate as a cohesive unit, ideally playing together week in week out. We had the benefit of 2 experience pros who are now towards the end of their careers,  what has happened to Smith I don`t know.  Gibbons is coming back from injury, would we have Clark back in the Summer as a clear out of the U23s is expected at Leicester, assuming his personal situation has been resolved.  will a CH arrive this month,

Like all Vale fans at the moment disappointed and embarrassed to be a fan at the moment. There just seems to be a lethargic malaise in the team we seem so slow going forward, the defence are going to have a great comedy video to watch! Listening to a fellow on praise an grumble he did come across very well and made a lot of sense. We do need to keep behind the owners and somehow try to lift the players, all the negativity is doing us no favours.        

49 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Up to the end of October he was our captain and one of the best (most consistent) players, massive deterioration since I agree, but why? The whole side has been poor. Not sure why he has been singled out because we were no better yesterday imo

Totally agree. Needs restoring to team and Smith dropped. 

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Issue with Legge was probably the amount of games at his age in short times, however now there are far fewer midweek games, this one then the next is end of February.

Don’t know what’s gone off but silly decision for me.

Unless there's transparency we will never know.

Possibly Oldham ( if it's them ) have offered him 18 months deal and he's decided amicably to leave.

All the rumours and conjecture and guessing is no good for anybody. 

We need to know if he's deregistered or not TOMORROW

Unless there's transparency we will never know.
Possibly Oldham ( if it's them ) have offered him 18 months deal and he's decided amicably to leave.
All the rumours and conjecture and guessing is no good for anybody. 
We need to know if he's deregistered or not TOMORROW

Talking to a mate who’s a Leeds fan about Vale today and he was saying “sounds like the club is rotten” that’s an outsider; looks of leaks and rumours.

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation.

Had to have a time out on here after the game because dont think I've ever been that mad over a perfomance from a vale team. And one day later im just as mad I can't believe what has happened to us and im sorry but i think carol is partly to blame her naive way of handling the club big decisions is coming back to bite us massively.

It started over summer yes she would have listened to askeys ideas of who he wants but offering shocking players 2k a week ie theo on a two year deal is beyond stupid and stinks of being desperate to get someone in and agreeing to whatever the agent asked for. Now we are stuck with players like theo and McKirdy who we are still paying to not even be registered to play. Do you think theo is going to get 2k a week anywhere else no chance there is no chance he is going anywhere for the next year and i wouldnt either why would you leave somewhere who are obligated to pay you 2k a week when you won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Thats a major part of our wage budget on a player who cant even play in the league for us 

Secondly the fact that she stuck by askey for so long after winning 1 game in 11 games most chairmans of clubs would of got rid of the manager minimum 5 games before we did. Has that sent a message to the players that we dont have ambition and the club is happy to settle for below average in terms of performance and results.

Thirdly is this nice family club coming back to bite us everything about thr club just feels too nice if you watch the spurs documentary jose mourinho says you have to be nasty on the pitch and we just don't have any of that and i think thats stemmed from the atmosphere around vale at the moment.

Fourthly by appointing pugh and from her interview on radio stoke she pretty much said that this season is a write off and we just want to get through it and assess thats a comment you say with 5-10 games to go again what kind of message does that send to the players with half a season to go to me that sounds like were giving up and just tryinf to get to next season still in the division  . There is no ambition at all with that statement with HALF A SEASON to go. And if i was a player id be on holiday mode if i heard the leader of the club saying we just want to get through this season and yesterdays performance looked like they were on holiday. 

People are going to slate me for this post which if they do fair enough but this is not at all a i hate carol post or trying to make people turn on her as she saved our club from the unthinkable but that doesn't mean she knows how to run a football club and i think this season has been a string on bad decisions on her part which are majorly affecting the results on the pitch yes not all her fault. But i think there has been a lot of naive decisions on her part over the last few months. 

i hope she can start making the correct decisions soon because the club is in free fall and i dont like where we are heading

Archived