onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

Ok the game itself Walsall started off the better than were given a leg up 1-0 mistake by Brown and Smith where was the communication if your the centre half in my opinion you deal with that and how did  he originally get the wrong side of you anyway ,were you sleeping etc also if Brown had coming running out you make damn sure the ball is kicked away along with the opposition striker .

Then we spent the next 15 mins to 20  with Amoo looking like he was going do something but is final ball all to often coming to nothing and Walsall having a cross shot after Vale once again were not tight on another breakaway with there right back the one shooting just wide .

Then the free kick ok it's a goalkeeping error by there goalie but if do not shoot you do not score .

The goal gave us a,lift and after good football from the trio Conlon worrall and Fitzpatrick, worrall whipped the ball in to me the player who was marking Guthrie has fouled Guthrie so it's a penalty but no moronic ref waves play on so we ho in 1-1 at the break and I'm thinking we can win this if we keep giving the ball to Worrall and Conlon our best players in this game .

So second half seems like it is drifting to a 1-1 with neither side doing enough then the second goal which naffed me off more than any other it started with poor play from Smith getting outmanoevred by the 2 goal lad and by the time Smith had recovered the ball was in our net with once again a cross coming in and Brown yet again glued to his goal line and Joyce the nearest  player to the scorer of the goal .

A dreadful goal concede that then the back pass from fitzpatrick and huge misfortune for the Vale which it bobbilying over Browns foot and in .

Then in fairness we tried but this ref was yet another who gave the Vale very little, I'm sure the foul on Taylor was in the box and the offside goal from Cullen ,you sure it was ref,as it looked a perfectly onside and good goal to me  as the game drew to a very frustrating end .

I thought we only looked a good side when Gibbons entered the fray and Cullen partnered Guthrie, the ball was sticking and in that small time they played together we finished the game well as there goalie made a good save from someone also .

You can not legislate for the goals we continually give away to average outfits, its being happening all season and it continues we may be dragged into bottom 6 .

I'm disappointed more so for Charlie Holland R.I.P and all the other Vale fans who sadly have lost there lives recently ,I wasnt expecting what was served up yesterday for them they deserved so much more than what was served up on the pitch .

Where was the huddle at the start ,where was the tribute to Charlie ,jj and the others, a few minutes applause very disappointing there seemed like there was nothing if so that's not on .

As for players Worrall never stopped ,was continually giving his all,if we had 11 players like him we would go places .

THE ONE UP FRONT DOES NOT WORK FOR PVFC TAKE NOTE .

On a side note I haven't heard about this with Leon Legge ,but if it's TRUE it's disgusting that bloke is a terrific pro who plays even though he as seizures ,and if they getting rid of him I will be annoyed,a leader ,amanof great strength and prowess , he his miles better than Nathan Smith and apart from the odd game he rarely has let the Vale down.

A very disheartening afternoon watching the club I love yesterday (yet another ten quid to ifollow to watch the Vale self destruct ),hopefully the season will be voided soon ,enough is enough  .

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

One positive i took from it was Gibbons coming on,he did more in several minutes than the majority had all game

I'm guessing that was breaking him in gently ready for an immediate recall at Scunthorpe.

I really hope he stays fit from now on because if he breaks down and we continue with Mills in the back 4 then we are heading for even rockier waters than we are in now. 

We've had our usual misfortune with injuries and this is where the squad depth has proved to be woeful. You can get away with maybe a couple missing but we've had 4,5,6 missing at times and the replacements are poor to garbage. 

Gibbons status has gone through the roof by not playing because Mills is so shocking. He must stay fit fingers crossed. 

We started slowly, and then got back in to it. All the goals in my opinion are very avoidable. Most annoyed about 1 and 2. 3 is just not worth thinking about.

After the slow start I thought we looked OK without really looking like we knew how to win the game. Second half was less impressive.

The problem we had is the two full backs arent up to it. Gibbons return should help us out no end. We need another CB to help Smith.
I didnt think the midfield 3 were too bad. Joyce maybe a little slow but I dont think it was bad. Conlon brilliant and I also thought Taylor had a good game.

Disappointed by our wingers. Their left and right back looked just as inept as ours but we never really got at them or challenged them.

Guthrie put himself around a bit. But he just isnt going to score enough goals. Certainly not at this level. Its only one game I suppose, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt, but he never looked a threat.

Seasons done now.

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

Guest Vale at home
25 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

I do agree . I do know how you feel .. and understand  Being a port vale fan . Is very upsetting at the moment . We need to stop the Rot . And start start again .. please please vale  PLAYERS . And every one connected. With the vale.. Lets get the vale back on track again . Up the vale . 

12 hours ago, fraggle said:

To be frank... how many of us have called for him to be dropped? He’s half a yard too slow, age has caught him up and his contract is up in June. It would make sense to sign someone and play, that is going to be here into next season as well

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah sorry, agree with FM, yeah Brown has been pretty awful recently, but goes both ways too...defending has been terrible all season, how can you expect him to have any confidence in what's in front of him?

He was absolute garbage today (albeit on a terrible pitch & that 3rd happens to every keeper at some point), but I'd say on the face of it there's been plenty of that happening in front of him week after week. Also who are we dropping him for if Visser is apparently out?

Up to the end of October he was our captain and one of the best (most consistent) players, massive deterioration since I agree, but why? The whole side has been poor. Not sure why he has been singled out because we were no better yesterday imo

Archived