onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

9 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I made a comment earlier regarding Pugh’s chances had gone I never knew he was not there due to COVID 

and I’ve just listened to Sinclairs interview he has been slated on here for it I thought he spoke pretty truthful  and came across ok 

Truthful ?

He said the team put great effort into it today. ?

He sounded plaesed with the performance.

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He has. You won’t see legge for vale again 

Obviously something HAS gone on, it did involve Legge, Joyce and Pope. Leon Legge should still be playing in this side, we don't have better, just as Pope should play, we don't have better. Smith is great but not the dominant leader Legge is. Rodney is raw and a good foil for a target man, he is not a leader. Todays side lacked leaderdhip, Conlon the best player but not a leader in this league. Both full backs appalling. No dominance in the middle of defence. Where was Joyce?  Taylor and Conlon bypassed. Worrall loads of effort, no end result. Amoo, was he even there? Guthrie not good enough. Scott Brown is now hesitant following all the comings and goings, he has saved Vale many times more than the couple of errors he made today. We wouldn't have half the points we do have if it were not for Scotty.

We had the look of a bottom of the league side and have had for the majority of time since the end of October.

Change is needed, this will come at a cost. Not doing anything will be more of a cost.

Not good, not good at all...

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Pope is the only decent striker we have had in about 6 seasons. 

Sure is boss, he's struggling now, Rodney is not his replacement. I can't understand why we keep pi**ing about with Oyeleke and Cullen, Guthrie looks average at best also

3 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Sure is boss, he's struggling now, Rodney is not his replacement. I can't understand why we keep pi**ing about with Oyeleke and Cullen, Guthrie looks average at best also

Pope is class and not just in the air but Rodney is showing a lot of promise when the ball is on the floor bit harsh single him out 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Legge was deregistered last week, I suppose I shouldn’t be amazed that news has leaked out. We are as leaky as a sieve all over the club. 

I think Smith gets more stick because he’s local rather than getting free pass. He’s having a stinker of a season so far, he’s been nowhere near this bad in previous seasons though. 

If that is true and it wasn't properly announced and explained, it is a disgrace. For one thing, it is a matter of public interest and importance to the Port Vale community and for a second, Leon is a player, respected and liked wherever he has been, who has given the club excellent service while he's been here, even recognising the shortcomings of his recent performances. 

It seems like chaos to me: leaks and rumours every ten minutes, which is the club is forced to defend on the back foot, no remembrance for deceased players and fans, professionally unacceptable conduct on the training ground and lacklustre performances on the pitch. No order and control, no proactive management, poor communication and, it seems to me, less than honest accounts about what's gone on. 

We're not in crisis but if this carries on we will be, both on and off the pitch. Others have said this, and it's looking increasingly the case to me, we need a clean sweep across the club: on and off the pitch. There's been nothing but trouble at the club for months now and it just isn't acceptable for a professional football club of our standing.

This is a big challenge for our owners and they need to step up and assert their authority. And all of us must get behind them. They rescued our football club and we owe them a huge debt. I just hope and pray they can sort this out before it becomes an unmitigated disaster.

33 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

And all the sly digs at Phil sproson I don’t really get 

infact the more time I spend on here the more I think what chance have we really got 

Nah, tbf, he deserves a verbal kicking. Using the commentary position to flog and big up players he gets paid commission from is an arsehole move. No matter how bad they are, he's always pretending they're world beaters. Always someone else's fault, never theirs. You do realise we can see a stream of the match Phil?

It also makes me want to self immolate that despite the fact that Sandoz, Bowers and even Blakerat all pronounce it correctly 40 times a game when sat 15cm away from him, he insists on mispronouncing Tom Conlon's surname.

33 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

He said the team put a good effort in the first half which after a bad start and has we left the field at half time is not that far off 

I agree, we did play well today, were it not for the 2 calamitous goals, which happens once in a blue moon, we would have won the game.

I am as disappointed as any vale fan to loose any game at home, but most on here go into total meltdown slagging off every player, the fact that Sinclair and Paynter were overseeing the team , we have no permanent manager, the caretaker manager has covid, who else would they expect to be in the dugout? Carol? Kevin?Rudge? Garlick? Joan Stanley?

sorry for the rant but it’s getting all doom and gloom on here because we’ve lost one game from our last 3.

This isn’t directed at you btw.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I agree, we did play well today, were it not for the 2 calamitous goals, which happens once in a blue moon, we would have won the game.

I am as disappointed as any vale fan to loose any game at home, but most on here go into total meltdown slagging off every player, the fact that Sinclair and Paynter were overseeing the team , we have no permanent manager, the caretaker manager has covid, who else would they expect to be in the dugout? Carol? Kevin?Rudge? Garlick? Joan Stanley?

sorry for the rant but it’s getting all doom and gloom on here because we’ve lost one game from our last 3.

This isn’t directed at you btw.

At half time I thought we'd go on and win it but the goals and the manner of the third goal just destroyed us.  There's not enough mental strength within the team to dig in and come back from that.

Archived