onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

A season of unforced basic errors.  Schoolboy stuff.  That said, well played Tom Conlon today.  Feel a bit of sympathy for Guthrie, feeding on scraps all game.  Good to see Gibbo back.  See out the season with Pugh then look for a replacement manager in summer.

Spot on

Our mistakes are school boy stuff all over the pitch AND OFF IT.

Ton Conlon our only true and good footballer.

Guthrie needs to play every gane before we comment but HE NEEDS SERVICE. I thought he did o.k. today with effort buit did miss the one sniff of a chance with the header he never got to.

Hope Gibbons plays every game from now on. WE CANNOT PLAY MILLS AGAIN

Hope Legge leaves and we are able to sign a center back. If not we are stuck with Smith and Brisley ??

Dont believe we can expect the owners to do any other than wait until the summer with an appointment. Unless someone is happy to come in with what we have until the,

Advert

7 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

TylerB

Dont like your choice of words or your style but  BUT

i do agree in almost all the above. Smith, Burgess keep as squad players and i am a big critic of Smith. Guthrie has to be given ten games before any comments can be made. Our service to the FRONT MAN must be the worst in the football league but i would still play him before the others we have available.

*** Leave the owners out of it. Dread to think where we would be now and that worries me. I am not one who will run off up to Anfield or wherever.

WE NEED THEM MORE THAN EVER NOW. What a job they have on their hands. I hope they never weaken ?

I'm not discrediting the owners. But I believe I'm speaking facts in saying that they're still paying money to the previous numpty, and don't have any money to invest in a team that desperately needs investment. Our freebie and loan signings generally leave a lot to be desired. 

Nathan Smith is woeful. He gets a pass by some because he's a local boy, but for all the talk by some of him playing at a higher level in the past, he should consider himself very lucky he's playing in League Two, in my opinion. He's gone backwards in a big way and only gets games because Crooks is even worse. 

We have the two keepers, Gibbons, Taylor, Worrall, Montano, Rodney and Pope who are good enough. Oyeleke just isn't worth it and Amoo is just about finished. Maybe Guthrie, but he was appalling for Bradford and it's going to be just as difficult for him to look half decent for us with how poor we are.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here. 

We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We're meandering, with the club in shambles. Leaks all over the show. Players disinterested, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and looking like a group of strangers. A managerial team of rookies, supplemented by two lads who a few weeks ago were running drills with the U14s. It's non-league.

I'm afraid Carol is not covering herself in glory here. I am a massive fan of her, but she's not handling her first big test very well. She seems to be employing 'wait and see with Danny and hope he's good enough that the decision is made for us'. She admitted to barely studying the applicant list, and offered the weak excuse that appointing a permanent manager would 'distract from this season', which makes little to no sense. Get a fresh pair of eyes in pronto and sort this out.

There is something wrong at the club. Scott Brown, Leon Legge, and Luke Joyce haven't declined overnight. A well-drilled, hard-working side like last season don't falter to the complete horror-show we've been subjected to since November. Rumours are everywhere; McKirdy, Clark, Sinclair, Robinson, rugby. Askey's sacking was leaked. Taylor and Guthrie's signing was leaked. Visser and Rodney's injuries, however they happened, was leaked.

Carol needs to get tough, here. It's all a mess. She needs to sort out these leaks. She needs to accept that 'wait and see with Danny and hope his wins make the decision for us' is not good for Port Vale. She needs to sift through the applicants and engage in a proper applicant process, and appoint the best man, experienced or not. I don't want an other internal appointment from a failed regime. I understand the concept of a 'holistic and kind' approach, but this club is getting the p*ss taken out of it here by a variety of people, and it's an affront to the fanbase who forked out £300 for a streaming service, +£10 for every away game. Get some folk out the door, and get a proper manager in.

We have a massive summer ahead. All the veterans are out of contract. We have 8-9 players under contract, all pretty decent and of a good age. We can rebuild, but need to be wary of the spending limits.

It's another wasted Saturday, let down by a group of players who look unbothered, meandering in a disorganised fashion under the guidance of youth coaches, as we fritter away another season and 'go again' in 2021/22.

I'm really, really annoyed and disheartened this evening. I am begging to see a crumb of direction from us in the next week. Another week of 'wait and see!' isn't good enough. Time to act. 

Rubbish today. Conlon tries, bless his heart. 

Agree 100%

9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I'm not discrediting the owners. But I believe I'm speaking facts in saying that they're still paying money to the previous numpty, and don't have any money to invest in a team that desperately needs investment. Our freebie and loan signings generally leave a lot to be desired. 

Nathan Smith is woeful. He gets a pass by some because he's a local boy, but for all the talk by some of him playing at a higher level in the past, he should consider himself very lucky he's playing in League Two, in my opinion. He's gone backwards in a big way and only gets games because Crooks is even worse. 

We have the two keepers, Gibbons, Taylor, Worrall, Montano, Rodney and Pope who are good enough. Oyeleke just isn't worth it and Amoo is just about finished. Maybe Guthrie, but he was appalling for Bradford and it's going to be just as difficult for him to look half decent for us with how poor we are.

Thing is Smith doesn't get a pass from me because hes local. When he resigned last season I was over the moon as he is quality and showed what he was about the previous season. This season not so much, granted. Why though? thats the question here

Legge was deregistered last week, I suppose I shouldn’t be amazed that news has leaked out. We are as leaky as a sieve all over the club. 

I think Smith gets more stick because he’s local rather than getting free pass. He’s having a stinker of a season so far, he’s been nowhere near this bad in previous seasons though. 

Well that was 10 pound wasted .

How abject I mean all 3 goals we give them the second one annoyed me the most .

Terrible season hurry up and end .

That's the way you thank the fantastic ex players and terrific fans who have sadly lost there lives this week. 

Embarrassed by that today and then I hear the whatever he is say we were magnificent ,I think you will find we werent ,we were abject crap are the words you should be using .

Less said the better about that game. Difficult to play decent, passing  football on that pitch and the poor goals Vale gave away flattered Walsall and the score line.
Players should know better than to play back passes directly at goal on a pitch like that, it's asking for trouble.
Last season Vale had Gibbons and Clarke at full back, this season we have Fitz and Mills both of whom are not good enough and the basis of Vale's defensive problems. Fitz may have well not been on the pitch for their 2nd goal.

Never understand why we play the ball back to the keeper who then does what defender could do in lumping it down field. Let's face it we're a mile off being a Manchester City play it out from the back type of team and defenders in league 2 should never prat around with it. Nothing worse than bad footballers trying to play tippy tappy stuff. Keep it simple and make your mistakes further up the pitch.

On the subject of mistakes how many individual errors do we see in our games. I only ever played at a junior level but you'd come off the pitch gutted if you'd made more than a couple of silly mistakes. Not picking on him or trying to single him out but Joyce must have made at least 12 errors, passes astray, missed tackles, caught on the ball. He wasn't on his own though.

I think I need to chill out and have a beer. Watching Vale turns you to it

23 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

TylerB

Dont like your choice of words or your style but  BUT

i do agree in almost all the above. Smith, Burgess keep as squad players and i am a big critic of Smith. Guthrie has to be given ten games before any comments can be made. Our service to the FRONT MAN must be the worst in the football league but i would still play him before the others we have available.

*** Leave the owners out of it. Dread to think where we would be now and that worries me. I am not one who will run off up to Anfield or wherever.

WE NEED THEM MORE THAN EVER NOW. What a job they have on their hands. I hope they never weaken ?

It’s comforting to know that Boomer, made the cut

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Well that was 10 pound wasted .

How abject I mean all 3 goals we give them the second one annoyed me the most .

Terrible season hurry up and end .

That's the way you thank the fantastic ex players and terrific fans who have sadly lost there lives this week. 

Embarrassed by that today and then I hear the whatever he is say we were magnificent ,I think you will find we werent ,we were abject crap are the words you should be using .

Very telling words 

I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our hey day in Johnny Jeffers 

This needs to be pointed out to whoever that it is totally unacceptable and I'm maybe too strong here , but downright disrespectful. 

The no crowd has no bearing on it.

Rest in peace 2 great blokes and shame on no respect being shown at 3-00pm 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very telling words 

I'd really really really love to know why there was either a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our hey day in Johnny Jeffers 

This needs to be pointed out to whoever that it is totally unacceptable and I'm maybe too strong here , but downright disrespectful. 

The no crowd has no bearing on it.

Rest in peace 2 great blokes and shame on no respect being shown at 3-00pm 

Totally agree

Archived