onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, mikey said:

We dont need another forward, we are crying out for a commanding reliable central defender. How can they not see this? As soon as we tighten up at the back, results will start to improve.

Nope. Time to go 442. Sinclair says we've done well with 442 (one game against the worst side in the league). they're already planning for next season. We go again.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sinclair has just said they are looking for a partner for Guthrie - is he going on bloody Strictly??

I think the club need to accept reality that we don’t have the creativity in midfield to blame strikers. In terms of opportunities Guthrie may as well have been Robinson as neither had any real chances. Cullen seemed a bit more creative but really only Rodney has shown the ability to create something from nothing. 

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Possibly the worst right back ever , makes Kevin Steggles and Wayne Ebanks look like Cafu .

And I'm sorry I know he has his fans on here but the opposite full back is the absolute epitomy of average. At very best performance he's a steady 6.5/10 , in general he's rubbish .

The worst full back pairing in living memory

Agree

At best squad players. We may have been unlucky with Gibbons and his injury. Usually his cover would be a couple of suspension and the odd game or so.

Not left back though. If we were playing monty then his cover would be playing 15 games minimum and Fitz is nowhere near good enough.

Again probably unlucky that both have played a dozen or so games but it has showed up how poor they are.

7 minutes ago, ItsPricey said:

I was extremely disappointed to hear that she hadn't been through the candidates that had applied and has handed it to Pugh..

I said exactly that 2 weeks ago, and got ridiculed for it. The alarm bells started ringing then, and now they're almost deafening.

Unfortunately - and I don't wish to be critical of Carol at all as she has done wonders for this club, breathed life into it, in fact - but a few of her comments of-late regarding on-the-pitch matters have raised concern :-

- "we stick together through thick-and-thin and are loyal and fair" (said weeks before Askey was finally sacked)

- the whole "don't want to distract from this season" reason for giving it to Pugh and not looking at manager applications

- "we've got Billy and Griff around to help Danny out" (straight away I thought that they've been coaching schoolkids, and are then suddenly helping out with the 1st team squad?!)

The manager is the most important employee at a football club, and trying to coast/fudge the job and the managerial team is a very dodgy strategy.

Just now, Saphenous said:

You can only appoint who's available, who's affordable and who wants the job. 

Loads. Loads of managers available. We just actually have to look rather than phoning every <ovf censored> that has played for vale previously or had some connection to the club in the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s at least 30 years ago now. 21 years nearly since we were last in the 2nd tier. 

yes but proof the club can achieve if run properly. wycombe lincoln yeovil have all done far better than us in the last 15-20 years and they are no bigger by any sense of the imagination. get a proper manager and let him build a team.

1 minute ago, mikey said:

We dont need another forward, we are crying out for a commanding reliable central defender. How can they not see this? As soon as we tighten up at the back, results will start to improve.

They are going for the option of we score more goals than our defence let in.  However, the striker will have to do it by himself rather than having another striker to help him.  As they wont change the formation from 4-3-3

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

The worst part of all of this is we have now wasted a transfer window by letting these pretenders have a go at management. Whoever the new manager is, he's got to work with this shower until summer.

We have signed Taylor, massive signing for us to get him. Guthrie, desperate for a center forward. Our owners have done more than expected for Jan. I do agree though that we must get a new manager. He will need to start again in the summer.

Criteria for new Vale manager.

Are you already at the club?  Yes - go to question 3.  If no go to question 2.

Have you had any connection with Vale.  Yes - go to question 3.   No - your application is invalid so you are not in the frame.  You might as well put it in the bin.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You have Pugh saying we’ve got a ‘very good squad’ and now Sinclair praising us getting torn apart. Couldn’t make it up

Actually they could both be right. I think it is the crap management structure that has been holding us back. Sinclair sounds like an utter amateur and Pugh? 

Get anyone in. I mean anyone. I think we need an ass kicker. 

Archived