onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Some of us have seen this for 47 years or more.  But this seems to be the worst team/times at the moment.

Feel so sorry for the owners, but they need to sort it out and quickly.

I feel sorry but at the same time they should have acted sooner with askey and had a replacement lined up. Not give it to danny Pugh. 

The reason Pugh is in charge is because he’s a nice bloke and Carol and the players will get on with him. Carol and Pope basically admitted it. To top it off any random past Port Vale player seems to be able to get a job with us.

We don’t want to actively look for another manager because Pugh gets on with everyone and he’s the easy choice.

It’s really starting to annoy me.

Here is the issue.

£1m loss due to the pandemic.

I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager would disrupt the dressing room. Carol, there's nothing to disrupt, maybe if we were 10+ points clear at the top. 

I can accept why she would feel she's forced to stick with Pugh.

We all know she's already put in a genuinely outrageous amount of money.

The grade 1 clowns attacking her on facebook,  and occasionally on here, are extremely out of order to the point of delusion. Who do you think you are, saying she's skint and having a pop at the Hub foundation? Premier league bandwagon level entitlement. £5m to the scumbag, personally covering £1m this season, how fcking entitled can you be?  She'd be 100% justified in saying b0ll0cks to you and going. 

It's a <ovf censored> situation.

But I think digging deeper for an external, experienced, nasty, no prisoners, complete bstard of a manager would, at this point, not be an additional cost. It'd be an investment into a life jacket.  

Who is rubber-stamping this 'Let's wait and see with Danny and all being well, we can just appoint him' approach?

Garlick? Where is the leadership? The gumption? The 'right, this needs sorting!'. 

Why can't we just be a decent club? One of those who wins games and does good things. Sick of it.

Just now, valiant_593 said:

I feel sorry but at the same time they should have acted sooner with askey and had a replacement lined up. Not give it to danny Pugh. 

They hoped Pugh and Sinclair would be the answer, however, it could be the most costly error they have made at Vale park come renewing season tickets and getting relegated out of the league.  There are teams below us with a number of games in hand now on Vale.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Here is the issue.

I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager would disrupt the dressing room. Carol, there's nothing to disrupt, maybe if we were 10+ points clear at the top. 

The grade 1 clowns attacking her on facebook,  and occasionally on here, are extremely out of order to the point of delusion. Who do you think you are, saying she's skint and having a pop at the Hub foundation? Premier league bandwagon level entitlement. £5m to the scumbag, personally covering £1m this season, how fcking entitled can you be?  She'd be 100% justified in saying b0ll0cks to you and going. 

But I think digging deeper for an external, experienced, nasty, no prisoners, complete bstard of a manager would, at this point, not be an additional cost. It'd be an investment into a life jacket.  

Correct. Carol is a hero and has been let down, and is I think a little bit panicked now.

I have a horrible feeling that Pugh has been anointed by the squad as they're all out of contract, and the salary cap is in, and Pugh provides the least upheaval and therefore the best chance of a new deal. A very cynical and unfounded theory.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Here is the issue.

I’m so glad I’m off that crazy Facebook page or I would be falling out with the cocks 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Correct. Carol is a hero and has been let down, and is I think a little bit panicked now.

I have a horrible feeling that Pugh has been anointed by the squad as they're all out of contract, and the salary cap is in, and Pugh provides the least upheaval and therefore the best chance of a new deal. A very cynical and unfounded theory.

Not too sure it is.

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We’re just making things worse and worse. We’ve given Pugh a chance when we should’ve acted promptly as other sides do and have a proper replacement lined up. Derek adams should have been lined up to take over as soon as askey was sacked. He would then have had a transfer window to start the clear out and sign his players. 

Instead we still have a interim manager who had been here throughout the reigns of the last two useless managers and let him or others within the club continue to sign players. If and I think it’s a big if we now look elsewhere the new manager now has less time to get rid and less time to actually improve the side. 

Sick of the little port vale mentality all the time. Sign dog <ovf censored> players all the time for free and giving crap managers a job. The last time we went for a decent manager we got promoted. 

Why is the club so nice all of a sudden? All these ex players knocking about. Are they actually helping? It Dosent seem so! 

If finances are an issue then we shouldn’t have sacked the last manager. This is no different and certainly no improvement. 

I hope the club is looking at a proper manager ASAP otherwise we really could go down this season. One thing is for sure if Pugh or someone else from within the club gets this job the club will get no money from me next season. We need to move forward and stop going for the easy and cheap option. 

Exactly this.

I got slated in the past when I said that the owners might be too nice for the good of the club to some degree. How long before we see Dean Glover swanning around? Maybe we'll see Gary Roberts back in a coaching role, that'll be fun.

I was one of the first here to want Askey out as I could see that it had gone <ovf censored> up and there was no coming back for him, and wanted a change while the season was still salvageable.  Had I of known that we'd be stuck with Pugh and Sinclair I would have had Askey's name tattooed along my forehead and been pleading for him to stay for the remainder of the season.

Archived