onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

I could accept a negative, defensive formation if we were keeping clean sheets game after game but we concede three goals most games against truly awful teams. 

Walsall most be laughing their heads off. They won that with very little effort required! 

I'm embarrassed to be a Vale fan at the moment. Fuming! Not good enough. Not acceptable. Sort it out C&K. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here. 

We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this decision out. We're meandering, with the club in shambles. Leaks all over the show. Players disinterested, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and looking like a group of strangers. A managerial team of rookies, supplemented by two lads who a few weeks ago were running drills with the U14s. It's non-league.

I'm afraid Carol is not covering herself in glory here. I am a massive fan of her, but she's not handling her first big test very well. She seems to be employing 'wait and see with Danny and hope he's good enough that the decision is made for us'. It isn't good enough. She admitted to barely studying the applicant list, and offered the weak excuse that appointing a permanent manager would 'distract from this season', which makes little to no sense.

There is something wrong at the club. Scott Brown, Leon Legge, and Luke Joyce haven't declined overnight. A well-drilled, hard-working side like last season don't falter to the complete horror-show we've been subjected to since November. Rumours are everywhere; McKirdy, Clark, Sinclair, Robinson, rugby. Askey's sacking was leaked. Taylor and Guthrie's signing was leaked. Visser and Rodney's injuries, however they happened, was leaked.

Carol needs to get tough, here. It's all a mess. She needs to sort out these leaks. She needs to accept that 'wait and see with Danny and hope his wins make the decision for us' is not good for Port Vale. She needs to sift through the applicants and engage in a proper applicant process, and appoint the best man, experienced or not. I don't want an other internal appointment from a failed regime. I understand the concept of a 'holistic and kind' approach, but this club is getting the p*ss taken out of it here by a variety of people, and it's an affront to the fanbase who forked out £300 for a streaming service, +£10 for every away game.

We have a massive summer ahead. All the veterans are out of contract. We have 8-9 players under contract, all pretty decent and of a good age. We can rebuild, but need to be wary of the spending limits.

It's another wasted Saturday, let down by a group of players who look unbothered, meandering in a disorganised fashion under the guidance of youth coaches, as we fritter away another season and 'go again' in 2021/22.

I'm really, really annoyed and disheartened this evening. I am begging to see a crumb of direction from us in the next week. Another week of 'wait and see!' isn't good enough. Time to act. 

Rubbish today. Conlon tries, bless his heart. 

This X10. 

This has another Michael Brown situation all over it. I was extremely disappointed to hear that she hadn't been through the candidates that had applied and has handed it to Pugh.. who is insisting on Askeys tactics that haven't worked all season. If Pugh gets the job full time, which I honestly think he will, Carol will be looking at a significant impact on season ticket sales and budget next season. 

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here. 

We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We're meandering, with the club in shambles. Leaks all over the show. Players disinterested, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and looking like a group of strangers. A managerial team of rookies, supplemented by two lads who a few weeks ago were running drills with the U14s. It's non-league.

I'm afraid Carol is not covering herself in glory here. I am a massive fan of her, but she's not handling her first big test very well. She seems to be employing 'wait and see with Danny and hope he's good enough that the decision is made for us'. She admitted to barely studying the applicant list, and offered the weak excuse that appointing a permanent manager would 'distract from this season', which makes little to no sense. Get a fresh pair of eyes in pronto and sort this out.

There is something wrong at the club. Scott Brown, Leon Legge, and Luke Joyce haven't declined overnight. A well-drilled, hard-working side like last season don't falter to the complete horror-show we've been subjected to since November. Rumours are everywhere; McKirdy, Clark, Sinclair, Robinson, rugby. Askey's sacking was leaked. Taylor and Guthrie's signing was leaked. Visser and Rodney's injuries, however they happened, was leaked.

Carol needs to get tough, here. It's all a mess. She needs to sort out these leaks. She needs to accept that 'wait and see with Danny and hope his wins make the decision for us' is not good for Port Vale. She needs to sift through the applicants and engage in a proper applicant process, and appoint the best man, experienced or not. I don't want an other internal appointment from a failed regime. I understand the concept of a 'holistic and kind' approach, but this club is getting the p*ss taken out of it here by a variety of people, and it's an affront to the fanbase who forked out £300 for a streaming service, +£10 for every away game.

We have a massive summer ahead. All the veterans are out of contract. We have 8-9 players under contract, all pretty decent and of a good age. We can rebuild, but need to be wary of the spending limits.

It's another wasted Saturday, let down by a group of players who look unbothered, meandering in a disorganised fashion under the guidance of youth coaches, as we fritter away another season and 'go again' in 2021/22.

I'm really, really annoyed and disheartened this evening. I am begging to see a crumb of direction from us in the next week. Another week of 'wait and see!' isn't good enough. Time to act. 

Rubbish today. Conlon tries, bless his heart. 

Not controversial at all. Absolute on the money. The fact we have come this far without absolute anarchy is testament to the fan base respecting Carol and Kevin as owners. But they are making a massive hash of it for me. That’s not having a pop at them in any way. But we need some strong leadership fast both on and off the pitch. 

Just now, valiant steve said:

I could accept a negative, defensive formation if we were keeping clean sheets game after game but we concede three goals most games against truly awful teams. 

Walsall most be laughing their heads off. They won that with very little effort required! 

I'm embarrassed to be a Vale fan at the moment. Fuming! Not good enough. Not acceptable. Sort it out C&K. 

Yep that’s the worst thing. We set up not to lose or concede (set up negatively especially at home) and still get battered. Embarrassing 

A reminder:

Danny Pugh/Frank Sinclair don't 'deserve a go'. They're owed nothing by Port Vale. They are paid to coach.

We need the best possible manager in, pronto. None of this sycophantic rubbish, giving Pugh an extended trial period and hoping we don't have to make any form of tough decision/risk. 

6 minutes ago, osprey said:

The players might say they want the crowd back in to the stadium - knowing what the reaction would be to that rubbish, they might change their minds on that 

The players should be happy that the fans can't attend as they would have been boo'd off the pitch and fans calling for them to be sacked at half time and full time.

Adams put the squad on transfer when they played like that for him.  If he was here now, he would be sacking most of these players (players said loosely) as they are not showing it at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Christ it’s depressing being a Vale fan.

Some of us have seen this for 47 years or more.  But this seems to be the worst team/times at the moment.

Feel so sorry for the owners, but they need to sort it out and quickly.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Conlon gives 100% every week. He's a good lad. You can't say that about many of the rest. Pope, Gibbons, maybe Hurst, Worrall previously but he's slipped this season, struggling for any others. 

Feel sorry for him. Charges around and looks back, and no one's there to support him.

I really like him. Only real grafter in that side. Leads from the front and is surrounded by absolutely dross frauds. 

He deserves better. Like a proper manager who will help him out.

Archived