onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Why we're having it out, why the frigging hell was Billy Paynter on the touchline?

He isn't a manager, nor he is an assistant manager.

It's a bit weird. The number of ex players knocking about is a bit unusual, like Griff too. I was hoping they were just knocking about, on their own time, unpaid, helping out with the kids in return for something to tick off in their training portfolio for their UEFA badges. With Paynter in the dugout for a league game, obviously not. 

All of them out. I want the physio reviewing too, 20-25% of the squad being injured every week is boiling my plss. Same last season. Something not right in training, prep, recovery, or attitudes.  

Advert

Cant believe whats happened this season. When 3 season tickets were purchased last April, I never thought we would be in this much trouble. 

I was so confident of promotion it was untrue. Watching that and most of the season, we are just so poor and its embarrassing. So glad I work from home at the moment, it would be unbearable otherwise.

No fight, no nothing. No confidence for any revival in the future.

Conlon tried at least.

If the fans were allowed in the stadium, we would be going mental.

Toss

We’re just making things worse and worse. We’ve given Pugh a chance when we should’ve acted promptly as other sides do and have a proper replacement lined up. Derek adams should have been lined up to take over as soon as askey was sacked. He would then have had a transfer window to start the clear out and sign his players. 

Instead we still have a interim manager who had been here throughout the reigns of the last two useless managers and let him or others within the club continue to sign players. If and I think it’s a big if we now look elsewhere the new manager now has less time to get rid and less time to actually improve the side. 

Sick of the little port vale mentality all the time. Sign dog <ovf censored> players all the time for free and giving crap managers a job. The last time we went for a decent manager we got promoted. 

Why is the club so nice all of a sudden? All these ex players knocking about. Are they actually helping? It Dosent seem so! 

If finances are an issue then we shouldn’t have sacked the last manager. This is no different and certainly no improvement. 

I hope the club is looking at a proper manager ASAP otherwise we really could go down this season. One thing is for sure if Pugh or someone else from within the club gets this job the club will get no money from me next season. We need to move forward and stop going for the easy and cheap option. 

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

I could defend against Amoo, just stand in front of him and he passes backwards. 

In recent weeks I'd been thinking about starting a 'who would you frig off to non-league in July thread.'

Amoo I wasn't sure about. Today was the clincher, goodbye. Bored of his inconsistency. It's not because of skill, he is good enough, it's effort and application. Can't get yourself hyped to play professional football? <ovf censored> off then. The likes of Roy Keane or Viera would force such a weak player out of the club and everyone would be better off. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why we're having it out, why the frigging hell was Billy Paynter on the touchline?

He isn't a manager, nor he is an assistant manager.

It's a bit weird. The number of ex players knocking about is a bit unusual, like Griff too. I was hoping they were just knocking about, on their own time, unpaid, helping out with the kids in return for something to tick off in their training portfolio for their UEFA badges. With Paynter in the dugout for a league game, obviously not. 

All of them out. I want the physio reviewing too, 20-25% of the squad being injured every week is boiling my plss. Same last season. Something not right in training, prep, recovery, or attitudes.  

We've got auxiliary staff coming out of our backside but don't have a manager. Couldn't make it up.

Billy Paynter and Anthony Griffith, 2nd in a command for a league game of Port Vale FC. Christ. 

It’s so so frustrating, Walsall were bang average again and we’ve contrived to lose a game we shouldn’t.

Cant legislate for errors like that I guess and in general play we were ok but that final ball was poor, got into dangerous positions second half many times but the cross was wrong, decision making wrong.

Next two are massive now... February looks awful on paper.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here. 

We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We're meandering, with the club in shambles. Leaks all over the show. Players disinterested, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and looking like a group of strangers. A managerial team of rookies, supplemented by two lads who a few weeks ago were running drills with the U14s. It's non-league.

I'm afraid Carol is not covering herself in glory here. I am a massive fan of her, but she's not handling her first big test very well. She seems to be employing 'wait and see with Danny and hope he's good enough that the decision is made for us'. She admitted to barely studying the applicant list, and offered the weak excuse that appointing a permanent manager would 'distract from this season', which makes little to no sense. Get a fresh pair of eyes in pronto and sort this out.

There is something wrong at the club. Scott Brown, Leon Legge, and Luke Joyce haven't declined overnight. A well-drilled, hard-working side like last season don't falter to the complete horror-show we've been subjected to since November. Rumours are everywhere; McKirdy, Clark, Sinclair, Robinson, rugby. Askey's sacking was leaked. Taylor and Guthrie's signing was leaked. Visser and Rodney's injuries, however they happened, was leaked.

Carol needs to get tough, here. It's all a mess. She needs to sort out these leaks. She needs to accept that 'wait and see with Danny and hope his wins make the decision for us' is not good for Port Vale. She needs to sift through the applicants and engage in a proper applicant process, and appoint the best man, experienced or not. I don't want an other internal appointment from a failed regime. I understand the concept of a 'holistic and kind' approach, but this club is getting the p*ss taken out of it here by a variety of people, and it's an affront to the fanbase who forked out £300 for a streaming service, +£10 for every away game. Get some folk out the door, and get a proper manager in.

We have a massive summer ahead. All the veterans are out of contract. We have 8-9 players under contract, all pretty decent and of a good age. We can rebuild, but need to be wary of the spending limits.

It's another wasted Saturday, let down by a group of players who look unbothered, meandering in a disorganised fashion under the guidance of youth coaches, as we fritter away another season and 'go again' in 2021/22.

I'm really, really annoyed and disheartened this evening. I am begging to see a crumb of direction from us in the next week. Another week of 'wait and see!' isn't good enough. Time to act. 

Rubbish today. Conlon tries, bless his heart. 

Agree with that. You and Kevin need to go axe swinging Carol. Take no prisoners. 

4 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Out of this squad I would keep Conlon, Gibbons, Taylor and Devante. WE do need to start afresh and I do believe the covid break has messed up the older squad players. We do need a rebuild and a manager not from within our current set up

Agree with this. We need a complete rebuild - a new manager and new players. The defence is shambolic, a mistake signing up Smith on a 2 year deal, just not good enough for a team with ambitions for promotion. Fitzpatrick and Mills are non league players and Brisley is a bog standard lower league 2 defender. Brown needs to hang his head in shame after today, all 3 goals could have been prevented if he was competent enough. 

Midfield is not strong enough. Love Conlon, but he needs a more physical midfielder along him. Joyce simply will not ever get us promoted, too negative and ponderous, get rid. Taylor didn’t get a sniff, and I’m worried he has been over hyped (although I’m reserving judgment on that one). 

Amoo is a typical league 2 winger and just seems to lack that confidence to consistently attack his man. Worrall is industrious, and will be fine if he has better players around him, but still doesn’t score enough to be played in a 3. 

Guthrie looked ok, but I don’t think he is the answer as a lone striker. Could work well with Rodney.

Just sick of this team. Please Carol, let’s have a planned rebuild with structured and intelligent recruitment, overseen by an experienced manger. 

14 minutes ago, MBE said:

What a load of crap that 2nd half was.

I can't remember two worst fullbacks than Mills and Fitzpatrick in a Vale shirt - absolute dross. 

Brown -well the least said the better after that.

This game shows again how fragile our confidence is. The team looked very flat once that 2nd goal went in.Very very disappointing response. Not enough leaders in this team when things go against us.

Only positives Gibbons with some minutes on the pitch and I thought Guthrie did well overall. 90 minutes for him should help him going forward. 

Yes, and no leaders off the pitch either.

Mills and Fitzpatrick. Never want to see them in a Vale shirt again.

Fitz seem allergic to involving himself in the game. Does his best to stay out of the way. Doesn't cross. Short pass and retreat. Don't mind me, I'm picking up my wages and filling a space at left back.

Mills just isn't good.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

I will say well done Conlon. Thank you for trying. I imagine you will have other clubs interest and imagine the club will sell when the bid comes in. 

Conlon gives 100% every week. He's a good lad. You can't say that about many of the rest. Pope, Gibbons, maybe Hurst, Worrall previously but he's slipped this season, struggling for any others. 

Archived