onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

1 minute ago, gags 64 said:

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassing to watch. Only players to come out of that with any credit were Guthrie, Worrall, Conlon, and Gibbons.The rest, not fit to wear the shirt.

Too many non league standard players. Carry on like this and they may achieve that next season

Have we got a new management team as that looked like an Askey type performance

Some serious problems going forward. Can't see us beating anyone at the moment

The worst defender I had ever seen at Vale in Zac Jules had Amoo in his pocket. Just speechless!

I could defend against Amoo, just stand in front of him and he passes backwards. 

Advert

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

A season of unforced basic errors.  Schoolboy stuff.  That said, well played Tom Conlon today.  Feel a bit of sympathy for Guthrie, feeding on scraps all game.  Good to see Gibbo back.  See out the season with Pugh then look for a replacement manager in summer.

pugh can go now and take sinclair with him.

8 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Seen enough. Look like a set of very unsettled indiviudals playing for a temporary management team. No quality with.the ball whatsoever, not finding your man, bringing problems on themsleves frequently.
Joyce was completely anonymous and poor with the ball, as were everyone else with exception of Conlon. No service to Guthrie at all. Needs a manager in with strong character to come and get a grip of them. No more nicey nicey nepotism, playing for your mate.and no consequences when isn't working.

Yes, and in my humble opinion that manager is Derek Adams whose unfashionable Morecambe beat Colchester 3-0 at home today, taking this unfancied team to 6th in the table. Is that value-added or what?

Does anyone think he would put out a performance like that today? Or put up with the dross we've just paid to see? Or be outwitted game after game?

No - an up and coming young manager with decent previous spells who can take a mediocre side and turn it into promotion contenders.

What I would give to have him in charge tomorrow morning.  

We need an experienced manager who can get the players playing again.  Get Sinclair out of the club as it all went pear shaped after he came in. Might be a coincidence but from the rumour's coming out of the club he seems to have split the club.  Today smirking as he came off.  What is that all about.

Carol can you please re-look at the manager situation.  Fans are now talking about not renewing their season tickets due to the dross happening at Vale every match.  The fans have been patient but you are lucky fans can't go to the ground with what the players have produced on the pitch.

1 minute ago, sunny boslem said:

U need show some respect or go earn some millions and u take over 

Weakest argument ever. Next time you comment to anyone about space, the Universe, don't. Because you're not and will never be an Astronaut.

20 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow 😢 !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

Well I was right again, how much longer carol ? 

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Weakest argument ever. Next time you comment to anyone about space, the Universe, don't. Because you're not and will never be an Astronaut.

😂 

Wow 

anyway I can’t be arsed bitch with u all night I’m going have a beer and see if my lady wants try make some new vale fans 

have a good night 👍

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here. 

We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We're meandering, with the club in shambles. Leaks all over the show. Players disinterested, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and looking like a group of strangers. A managerial team of rookies, supplemented by two lads who a few weeks ago were running drills with the U14s. It's non-league.

I'm afraid Carol is not covering herself in glory here. I am a massive fan of her, but she's not handling her first big test very well. She seems to be employing 'wait and see with Danny and hope he's good enough that the decision is made for us'. She admitted to barely studying the applicant list, and offered the weak excuse that appointing a permanent manager would 'distract from this season', which makes little to no sense. Get a fresh pair of eyes in pronto and sort this out.

There is something wrong at the club. Scott Brown, Leon Legge, and Luke Joyce haven't declined overnight. A well-drilled, hard-working side like last season don't falter to the complete horror-show we've been subjected to since November. Rumours are everywhere; McKirdy, Clark, Sinclair, Robinson, rugby. Askey's sacking was leaked. Taylor and Guthrie's signing was leaked. Visser and Rodney's injuries, however they happened, was leaked.

Carol needs to get tough, here. It's all a mess. She needs to sort out these leaks. She needs to accept that 'wait and see with Danny and hope his wins make the decision for us' is not good for Port Vale. She needs to sift through the applicants and engage in a proper applicant process, and appoint the best man, experienced or not. I don't want an other internal appointment from a failed regime. I understand the concept of a 'holistic and kind' approach, but this club is getting the p*ss taken out of it here by a variety of people, and it's an affront to the fanbase who forked out £300 for a streaming service, +£10 for every away game. Get some folk out the door, and get a proper manager in.

We have a massive summer ahead. All the veterans are out of contract. We have 8-9 players under contract, all pretty decent and of a good age. We can rebuild, but need to be wary of the spending limits.

It's another wasted Saturday, let down by a group of players who look unbothered, meandering in a disorganised fashion under the guidance of youth coaches, as we fritter away another season and 'go again' in 2021/22.

I'm really, really annoyed and disheartened this evening. I am begging to see a crumb of direction from us in the next week. Another week of 'wait and see!' isn't good enough. Time to act. 

Rubbish today. Conlon tries, bless his heart. 

Archived