onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Disgraceful performance. 

Askey has been sacked and rightly so and nothing has changed. Put the money up and get a decent manager in otherwise we will get worse and worse. 

Some truly shambolic players out there again. The sooner the clowns mills, Fitzpatrick and whitehead (I know he didn’t play today) are released the better. 

brown seems to have completely lost it and Joyce has been a disgrace this season. Get rid. 

Dreadful. Don’t think there is a positive other than Conlon looking ok. Imagine we will lose him and sign some other mug to replace him 

Advert

Seen enough. Look like a set of very unsettled indiviudals playing for a temporary management team. No quality with.the ball whatsoever, not finding your man, bringing problems on themsleves frequently.
Joyce was completely anonymous and poor with the ball, as were everyone else with exception of Conlon. No service to Guthrie at all. Needs a manager in with strong character to come and get a grip of them. No more nicey nicey nepotism, playing for your mate.and no consequences when isn't working.

Pugh can't really have any blame directed against him for that.

Okay we were garbage but all 3 goals were down to individual mistakes (and so was our consolation).

Could do with a proper manager in now but with 7 days left of the transfer window and Pugh already signing 2 players and looking for a 3rd I think it's Pugh's until the end of the season at least. Something I wouldn't have done myself.

Just now, valeparklife said:

Okay we were garbage but all 3 goals were down to individual mistakes (and so was our consolation).

Could do with a proper manager in now but with 7 days left of the transfer window and Pugh already signing 2 players and looking for a 3rd I think it's Pugh's until the end of the season at least. Something I wouldn't have done myself.

The performance overall was diabolical yet again though. How many times did we test their keeper?

Just now, valeparklife said:

Big mistake IMO, has Michael Brown similarities written all over it and we only just stayed up then. I will take 3rd from bottom this season now.

How poor was that? Not what I would call the start of a new era. Apart from Conlon's superb goal, it was a complete shambles.

Walsall will not score three easier goals or win three easier points, that's how poor it was. The difference? A proper manager with a proper game plan and a proper set of tactics. Set up to nullify any threats we posed and to capitalise on any mistakes. And it worked a treat.

The sooner we learn that appointing rookie managers on the cheap does not work, the better. 

Archived