onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

13 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow 😢 !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans aren’t bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

All Managers have a first job and some are successful and some aren’t, I hope Danny’s trial to the end of the season goes well if it doesn’t at least he’s been given a chance by the owners (and some fans).

28 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Will be lucky if this is on. Extremely winterish here.

As soon as it stops it really doesnt take that long to go away,just depends on how wet or flooded the pitch is.

Its a shame really as most of us remember the days of games being played in mud baths or snow covered pitches,how times change

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans are bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

All Managers have a first job and some are successful and some aren’t, I hope Danny’s trial to the end of the season goes well if it doesn’t at least he’s been given a chance by the owners (and some fans).

Totally spot on,i keep saying this but surely fans want Vale to win every game even if they want rid of a certain manager,i will never understand why any fan would want them to lose,Pugh wasn't my first choice but i was open to a young new manager,if he gets results then he should get the job

23 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Good positive post. 👎

I actually hope Pugh gets the job as it’d mean we were successful. Most fans aren’t bothered who owns or manages clubs as long as they’re successful. You never hear of protests against either when teams are winning games.

Very true. Instead of an unknown manager promoted from within some want an unknown manger from outside. Same gamble IMO. 

11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Very true. Instead of an unknown manager promoted from within some want an unknown manger from outside. Same gamble IMO. 

I don’t think it is. Pugh has been part of something that hasn’t worked under two managers. I’d prefer a clear out and someone in with no relation to the club and who isn’t mates with the players 

Sometimes its about looking at the bigger picture and not just being short-termist in looking at the result at 4:50pm/9:40pm on a particular matchday.

There have been occasions in the past where I have been OK with a defeat if it has hastened the departure of a manager that has clearly reached the end of their time and isn't going to progress us (Foyle, Glover, Brown), although never when we've been desperate for points - in a relegation battle, etc.

I'm not saying this is the current case with 'Pughy', but Joe B is correct on the other thread when he states that 'Pughy' should be considered alongside a pool of short-listed applicants, and not just be on a short-list of 1.

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As soon as it stops it really doesnt take that long to go away,just depends on how wet or flooded the pitch is.

Its a shame really as most of us remember the days of games being played in mud baths or snow covered pitches,how times change

Those really were the days, as Mary Hopkin sang, though I don't think she was singing about the Vale! The days when fans 'flocked' to the ground to help clear the pitch and get the game on. Remember the braziers to help keep the frost out of the ground? The hundreds of hay bales ? Clearing the car park so the 'bezzers' buses could park up okay? And the gangways and surrounds?..... I'm feeling old now...!  At least Speedie only has to worry about the pitch today.

First priority today would be to clear a path to the pub (preferably open!)

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think it is. Pugh has been part of something that hasn’t worked under two managers. I’d prefer a clear out and someone in with no relation to the club and who isn’t mates with the players

Thats how I feel, however the club have clearly backed him with signings and I wouldn't be surprised to 2 more players come in. I think the club have shown they are not prepared to surrender the season just yet with the signings so far.

If Pugh is successful over the course of the next 4-5 games then surely he has earned the job until the end of the season?

The club can then re-assess in the summer finances and managerial situation.

14 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Those really were the days, as Mary Hopkin sang, though I don't think she was singing about the Vale! The days when fans 'flocked' to the ground to help clear the pitch and get the game on. Remember the braziers to help keep the frost out of the ground? The hundreds of hay bales ? Clearing the car park so the 'bezzers' buses could park up okay? And the gangways and surrounds?..... I'm feeling old now...!  At least Speedie only has to worry about the pitch today.

First priority today would be to clear a path to the pub (preferably open!)

You saddo Seamus....Mary Hopkin. I thought you were a Dylan fan....The Times They Are A’Changin!!!

8 minutes ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

You saddo Seamus....Mary Hopkin. I thought you were a Dylan fan....The Times They Are A’Changin!!!

Morning, Mr Sinnott. You are of course correct.... Bob Dylan right up there, alongside Cat Stevens, but both just behind Neil Young. Over the last 10 years or so, I've sort of got more into country music... which probably makes me even more of a saddo !! 

however, let's both hope the game is on and another 3 pts wing our way.

Archived