onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, pensioner said:

And the silence from the Club to dispel the rumour that these shenanigans did happen speaks volumes .  PUGH was not there so he can't be blamed for this bad press.  Who was in charge ?

I don't think they'll say anything.

We'll be told 'X has picked up a knock' and it'll be left at that. That's how football works.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I don't think they'll say anything.

We'll be told 'X has picked up a knock' and it'll be left at that. That's how football works.

If there is any truth to it, I would hope an internal enquiry is done and the person responsible is punished for endangering the players. This is a story more ludicrous than the Norman days. It's negligent.

Joe - My BIG fear is that if they don't dispel this rumour with a creditable response then the EFL/FA might get involved as they may see this story as bringing the Game Into Disrepute ...... And we all know how they love to turn the screw where the Vale are concerned. Sweeping it under the carpet will not make it go away when everyone should be socially distancing. Look how the fines are increasing for house parties !  Some one out there is going to be made an example of and God forbid its the Vale. 

1 minute ago, pensioner said:

Joe - My BIG fear is that if they don't dispel this rumour with a creditable response then the EFL/FA might get involved as they may see this story as bringing the Game Into Disrepute ...... And we all know how they love to turn the screw where the Vale are concerned. Sweeping it under the carpet will not make it go away when everyone should be socially distancing. Look how the fines are increasing for house parties !  Some one out there is going to be made an example of and God forbid its the Vale. 

Don't dispute. I just have come to expect the bare minimum when it comes to stuff like this.

It’s really naive to think that the club will put out statements everytime a rumour account posts something. If these players are injured then, as someone said before, the club won’t say how they got injured, they just picked up a knock.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Don't dispute. I just have come to expect the bare minimum when it comes to stuff like this.

Knocks picked up in training covers a lot. Except for trips to St.Georges  training is done in public and can be witnessed by passers-by on their way to shops or exercising. Anything untoward would best be explained, football tackling can be more dangerous than touch rugby. I cannot imagine scrums/tackling  taking place but we live in strange times.

Pugh's response: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-pugh-sets-record-straight-4917594

“The pitches are terrible. They are frozen over, there is snow on the pitch and ice on the astro. So we were unable to get proper training sessions over the last few days just due to the weather, with the rain as well.

“So, it is just different ways of warming people up, different exercises keeping lads on the move and keeping them active. No one is going down the rugby route or anything like that, it is just different ways of keeping them active.”

"If anything it would just be part of a warm up where you throw and catch it, those kind of things.”

Would appear Visser's agent was 'fuming' about nothing, but it's a bit evasive. 

'The Rugby Route'?

The question remains unanswered on whether injuries have been picked up from this 'different' exercise, but it appears the club are denying it it was contact rugby. BKM must have got their wires crossed.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Whoever it is that is constantly leaking information to Unofficial Vale needs sacking. They are consistently undermining Carol and have been doing for a long time. 

Leaks are terrible. Taylor and Guthrie were common knowledge way before they were announced, as was Askey's sacking.

I don't know whether it's just people loving to be 'in the know' or someone is being malicious, but it needs stopping.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Pugh's response: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-pugh-sets-record-straight-4917594

Would appear Visser's agent was 'fuming' about nothing.

I guess we’ll see tomorrow If he was injured or not in the session, but fair play to Bowers for asking the question and in reality if the players were playing rugby then Pugh would never come out and say so directly. 

Agree with the @Doha the information that UV are posting is coming straight from a player or member of staff. It has to be. 

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Would appear Visser's agent was 'fuming' about nothing, but it's a bit evasive. 

'The Rugby Route'?

The question remains unanswered on whether injuries have been picked up from this exercise, but it appears the club are denying it. BKM must have got their wires crossed.

The question of imore njuries was not asked, Manny and Gibbo improving was the only response.

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The question of imore njuries was not asked, Manny and Gibbo improving was the only response.

I think it would be daft to risk Gibbo for a full 90 straight away. But with no reserve games the only way to get back up to fitness, speed and get the touch back is by slowly coming back in IMO. 20 mins or so initially and build it up. I don’t think we can expect those players out so long like him and Manny to be at it from the off, it’ll take a bit of time. 

Archived