onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Signs of change? Napoleon preferred “Lucky Generals”, same goes for Football Managers. 2 games unbeaten may not be a lot but it takes a while to build confidence, 3 more games in January gives us an opportunity. Firstly  Walsall with just 1 point from 4 games since we lost there, pending a visit to Morecambe on Tuesday, so  close the game down after making sure of the points. More options now with Taylor and Guthie to add to the numbers, as they improve their match fitness and integrate with the tactics.  Worrall back? Fingers crossed no more than Monty with Covid and a 3-0 please.

Advert

I would like see us go 4-4-2 at home like v Grimsby(this will be a tougher game),i just hope Pugh doesn't get sucked into playing 4-3-3 the Askey way(i dont think he will as he has proven he will change formations).

Tough game imo but a win and 7 points out of 9 would be a great start for Pugh and no one could doubt that.

I hope we go for a 2 striker approach rather than one on the wing and 1 in the middle.  

Guthrie and Rodney to start.  Taylor in the middle.  Hopefully Worrall back and providing crosses in to the box with pin point accuracy like he has done previously.

Monty will no doubt still be isolating.  Hopefully some of the sick notes will start coming back and last a couple of games before having another couple of months off injured.

The manager must make a decision if we keep those players or release them and try to get players that last a game or two before going off injured.  We seem to have been plagued by this over years.  Specially now we are limited to a 22 player squad.

442 If we play two mobile centre midfielders. 

for me I’d go 352. Don’t rate mills at all and not a fan of Fitzpatrick not sure what he really offers. 

brown

smith. Legge. Brisley. 

worrall. Joyce. Conlon. Taylor. Hurst

rodney. Guthrie 

With Conlon and Taylor pushing on and Joyce sitting 

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

442 If we play two mobile centre midfielders. 

for me I’d go 352. Don’t rate mills at all and not a fan of Fitzpatrick not sure what he really offers. 

brown

smith. Legge. Brisley. 

worrall. Joyce. Conlon. Taylor. Hurst

rodney. Guthrie 

With Conlon and Taylor pushing on and Joyce sitting 

That team would have disaster written all over it, Worrall and Hurst as wing-backs when neither I would imagine have ever played in that position.    If you play 3 centre backs, one of them has to be able to play football and bring the ball out from the back, we sadly have no one that can do that.

My team would be 

Visser

Mills Smith Brisley Fitzpatrick

Worrall Taylor Conlon Hurst

Rodney Guthrie

Hopefully Gibbons will be back shortly, been a massive loss this season and as I mentioned yesterday Fitzpatrick is no where near as bad as people on here make out, yes he's no Andy Robertson but I can't see many mistakes he has made and where he has been at fault for many goals concded.

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

I've never really felt much regarding Walsall. Fundamentally a non-league outfit welded onto a billboard.

Probably too young then Joe 

But I've never known a non league team sell the Hamil out like they did when they beat us 5-0 the other season .

36 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Probably too young then Joe 

But I've never known a non league team sell the Hamil out like they did when they beat us 5-0 the other season .

Not many non league teams played in the champ since we have as well as being in league 1 since we have. 

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

That team would have disaster written all over it, Worrall and Hurst as wing-backs when neither I would imagine have ever played in that position.    If you play 3 centre backs, one of them has to be able to play football and bring the ball out from the back, we sadly have no one that can do that.

My team would be 

Visser

Mills Smith Brisley Fitzpatrick

Worrall Taylor Conlon Hurst

Rodney Guthrie

Hopefully Gibbons will be back shortly, been a massive loss this season and as I mentioned yesterday Fitzpatrick is no where near as bad as people on here make out, yes he's no Andy Robertson but I can't see many mistakes he has made and where he has been at fault for many goals concded.

Wouldn’t be playing wing backs. It would be 352 with us pushing forwards against a poor side at home. Looks better than 442 to me where we will just get over run in the middle. Agree we need a Cb who can pass. If I went 442 that would be my team as well I just worry about us getting over run and the fact that mills is playing again. Ideally If all fit I wouldn’t mind 352 with gibbons and Monty playing. 

brown

smith  New Cb. Brisley. 

Gibbo. Conlon. Taylor. Worrall. Monty

rodney. Guthrie. 

Wouldn’t be playing wing backs. It would be 352 with us pushing forwards against a poor side at home. Looks better than 442 to me where we will just get over run in the middle. Agree we need a Cb who can pass. If I went 442 that would be my team as well I just worry about us getting over run and the fact that mills is playing again. Ideally If all fit I wouldn’t mind 352 with gibbons and Monty playing. 

brown
smith  New Cb. Brisley. 

Gibbo. Conlon. Taylor. Worrall. Monty
rodney. Guthrie. 

Walsall play 442 so wouldn’t necessarily get overrun

Archived