Robinson de registered

28 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yeah, I agree and it's as much an admission of failure on our part as it is a reflection on Theo. A good coach would have got him (and McKirdy) excelling at this level.

Not so sure they would. 

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theo may be a decent footballer at this level......just not for us unfortunately.

32 isn’t that old for a keeper and Visser is on only a 1 year deal. A league 2 keeper, if decent could keep going until 40. I think Visser is a great back up, from what I have seen, if Brown did get i

Guthrie contributed more in 30 minutes today than Robinson has all season. And all he did was win a few headers.

Posted Images

Why on earth would he be promised a new deal just for being deregistered? He still gets paid regardless

Not surprised too much it is him being de-registered.  Had chances and did not take them.  Shame really it did not work.
Pope thinks the injury is not as bad as first thought and could be back in 8 weeks.  Just hope none of our front players get injured till he is back.  Thought when I heard of the injury, it was going to be Pope de-registered and possibly the promise of a 1 year deal for him for being de-registered, but not happened.

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Why on earth would he be promised a new deal just for being deregistered? He still gets paid regardless

His contract finishes this season I believe.  So you get de-registered and we give you a 1 year contract as you wont be able to play for Vale this season.

Daft decision. Guthrie is not likely to be much better and will be gone soon, yet Robinson still has another year on his deal. Nobody else will take him easily (surely we offered him as a swap to Bradford for Guthrie) so we keep paying his wages while he gets increasingly unfit. 

Advert:

So? Is that the basis on which we offer players contracts nowadays? Mannys on for a 5 year deal if so

His contract finishes this season I believe.  So you get de-registered and we give you a 1 year contract as you wont be able to play for Vale this season.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Daft decision. Guthrie is not likely to be much better and will be gone soon, yet Robinson still has another year on his deal. Nobody else will take him easily (surely we offered him as a swap to Bradford for Guthrie) so we keep paying his wages while he gets increasingly unfit. 

Guthrie contributed more in 30 minutes today than Robinson has all season. And all he did was win a few headers.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Joe B said:

Even if Guthrie proves to be wonderful (Robinson started off promisingly with a goal) we still have Robinson for a long year ahead unless we pay him off...

Advert:

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Even if Guthrie proves to be wonderful (Robinson started off promisingly with a goal) we still have Robinson for a long year ahead unless we pay him off...

Or someone looks at his previous scoring record or has managed him before, we can only hope. Don`t have any option but to bring in a fresh striker if we need more goals. Fortunate that we can.

Just going off on a tangent here...

This calls another of Askey's summer moves into question...

I know Dino Visser has done well and done nothing wrong but there's still questions whether a 32 year-old is a long-term successor for Scott Brown. Many people were expecting a young gun who could challenge.

With that in mind (and hopefully no disrespect to Dino who's been very good) if a young keeper (or indeed a loanee) had been brought in then that would have meant another place in the League squad wouldn't have been used up on a reserve keeper. 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

He will be taken on by another club,has a very good scoring record at this level just not for us

19 hours ago, Davo666 said:

Question.......Do we ever sign anyone who is any good !!emoji23.png

I believe JAs performance in the Summer transfer market is a major reason why he’s not still Manager. Perhaps Rodney apart, none of our of these signings have improved us significantly.

• Like 1

Advert:

I'd be surprised if Robinson hasn't been signed by someone by next week
I suppose it will depend if someone is prepared to offer him a similar wage despite the fact he has gone from a first choice striker at Colchester to not being registered at Vale.

At his age money will be a big factor unless he sensibly made investments in his championship days.

33 minutes ago, robf said:

Just going off on a tangent here...

This calls another of Askey's summer moves into question...

I know Dino Visser has done well and done nothing wrong but there's still questions whether a 32 year-old is a long-term successor for Scott Brown. Many people were expecting a young gun who could challenge.

With that in mind (and hopefully no disrespect to Dino who's been very good) if a young keeper (or indeed a loanee) had been brought in then that would have meant another place in the League squad wouldn't have been used up on a reserve keeper. 

Very good point Rob. This summer's business is compelling evidence that the recruitment structure needs a complete re-think. It's probably cost us this season, and will require a lot of work this summer if we're going to challenge again. It cost Askey his job, and probably his EFL career. It appears haphazard, unimaginative, and without consideration for the long-term. Some will accuse me of revisionism but I stated in the summer I didn't like the 'keep the same 11' approach as that plan has rarely worked recently at this level, but received stick as football isn't played on spreadsheets.

I simply don't want to read/hear the word 'contacts'. Contacts should have minimal impact on signings. Do some work. Find the gems. Don't rely on your mates. Be smarter than the other clubs.

Key lessons need to be learned. Another summer like that will put us in trouble.

Carol is still learning the trade but the key factor in the success of a club of our size is recruitment. Get it right, and all the extraneous stuff (commercial, ST sales, amount of impact on the community) will follow. Balls it, and you can have the best off-the-field situation in the country, but the club won't be successful.

Edited by Joe B

As far as I can tell we have a squad of 30 players. The EFL limit is 22, we have 5 under-21s and 2 deregistered, that makes 29. Does that mean we actually have 3 players not registered?

I'm guessing Trickett-Smith isn't registered and we just haven't come out and publicised it so as not to embarrass him?