Robinson de registered

Mario

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I cannot understand why Pugh picked him v Sunderland if they and probably the player knew that the club were going to de register him .

Seeking confirmation of the decision?  We still have to pay him until he finds another club.

With Tom already out injured and Cullen’s injury record a bold move.

I can only hope that

a) Guthrie and Rodney stay fit

b) a move is in the offing for Robinson to recover some of his wage

c) we have another striker coming in

d) they genuinely believe one of the youth strikers can make the step up to bolster the squad as they won’t count towards the 22 man squad

Not surprised too much it is him being de-registered.  Had chances and did not take them.  Shame really it did not work.

Pope thinks the injury is not as bad as first thought and could be back in 8 weeks.  Just hope none of our front players get injured till he is back.  Thought when I heard of the injury, it was going to be Pope de-registered and possibly the promise of a 1 year deal for him for being de-registered, but not happened.

17 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Theo may be a decent footballer at this level......just not for us unfortunately.

Yeah, I agree and it's as much an admission of failure on our part as it is a reflection on Theo. A good coach would have got him (and McKirdy) excelling at this level.

18 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Theo may be a decent footballer at this level......just not for us unfortunately.

Agree with this. Most players just click at some places and not at others, especially lower down the leagues. Hope he settles somewhere else. Fingers crossed in the next few days. 

13 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Not surprised too much it is him being de-registered.  Had chances and did not take them.  Shame really it did not work.

Pope thinks the injury is not as bad as first thought and could be back in 8 weeks.  Just hope none of our front players get injured till he is back.  Thought when I heard of the injury, it was going to be Pope de-registered and possibly the promise of a 1 year deal for him for being de-registered, but not happened.

The only problem is Cullen is made of Papier mache so almost leaves us with Rodney and Guthrie as the only strikers. 

I'd love to know without googling when Cullen started a league game, almost seems like Exeter away in game 2 !! 

Dont know the mechanics/ feasibility of this but with Popey probably out for a while (6 weeks + ? ) should he have been the one de registered ?  He obviously cannot play for that period whilst Theo could. Appreciate not sure what Theo would offer but serious point that he can at least get on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The only problem is Cullen is made of Papier mache so almost leaves us with Rodney and Guthrie as the only strikers. 

I'd love to know without googling when Cullen started a league game, almost seems like Exeter away in game 2 !! 

Don't look it would be too upsetting.  Know what you mean, just hope Rodney and Guthrie don't get taken out in matches. 

Thought it would have been a good chance to de-register Whitehead as he has not shone to brightly in matches.  

Probably right. He's not contributed at all in the games he's played. 536 minutes league minutes isn't insignificant and I can't recall a single positive action from him.

Probably a decent lad and will go elsewhere and be competent, I imagine, but just hasn't worked here. 

Rodney and Guthrie, with Cullen, isn't a bad choice, but we've must be thinking this Bailey lad can contribute in some manner as 4th choice, if Pope is going to be out for 8 weeks minimum (probably longer).

Archived