Kurtis Guthrie signs

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Kurtis! You are the right kind of player we need just give your all for the badge and you won't go wrong here. We have fantastic owners and in the main a great group of fans .

Welcome and Good Luck Kurtis. All we ask is hard work and commitment and you wont go wrong, oh and if you could find the onion bag a few times 🙂

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Com

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Physically a good player but his finishing isn’t up to standard. Basically he is Theo Robinson, except maybe with a bit more pace. 

There aren't many at this level who are consistently good at finishing.

He is physical and mobile which is something we have lacked for a few seasons now. Just that alone should improve us which would make him a good signing.  You never know he may got one, get his confidence up and score 10 between now and then end of the season, then he would be a fantastic signing.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MBE said:

There aren't many at this level who are consistently good at finishing.

He is physical and mobile which is something we have lacked for a few seasons now. Just that alone should improve us which would make him a good signing.  You never know he may got one, get his confidence up and score 10 between now and then end of the season, then he would be a fantastic signing.

If they were consistent they would not be at our level 

Clearly someone has been de registered for him to be able to play tomorrow and it’s not been announced who it is yet. It could be one of a few I guess.

I can’t remember him when he’s played against us, was he good? 

Edited by PV1973

Clearly someone has been de registered for him to be able to play tomorrow and it’s not been announced who it is yet. It could be one of a few I guess.

He was superb that day. Tore us a new one like dembele did against grimsby. If he could recapture that kind of performance here he'd be the signing of the season. Big 'if' though. The crucial thing will be, as ever, the service. If we can't improve that, he'll only go the way of the many others over the past 7 years
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Calvin Andrew was our third choice striker behind Pope and Hughes back then. Calvin had been injured but had been an established Championship player with Luton and Crystal Palace from a young age. He had been injured but got back to a good league 1 level.

Guthrie meanwhile has never done anything above league 2. At his age now, not likely to either.

Calvin Andrew is an intriguing one. He’s had a good career, played at a higher level than we’ve managed, must have had the support of a number of managers and, I guess, supporters. But I reckon if he had stayed here he would have been absolutely slaughtered.

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

He was superb that day. Tore us a new one like dembele did against grimsby. If he could recapture that kind of performance here he'd be the signing of the season. Big 'if' though. The crucial thing will be, as ever, the service. If we can't improve that, he'll only go the way of the many others over the past 7 years

Service is the key. With players like Taylor Monty, Worrall, Gibbo, Amoo, hurst all hopefully playing a part then maybe we can get back to our plus points from last season. 

• Like 1

Good luck to Kurtis - the only time I remember seeing him he tore us a new ass !    He is only on a 5 month contract so he needs games to impress. When he is given his opportunity he needs to come off that pitch with a shirt that he can wring the sweat out of. He may not be the greatest goal scorer but he needs to be a great worker. If he doesn't work hard fans will just say he is another Theo.  Hope he grabs his opportunity and is with us for 3 or 4 years .

• Like 1

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Come on support the lads instead of getting on the back of players who wear the black & white of our club iv supported the vale to long to listen to some of the crap some of the so called supporters say on the media but when people slag someone off who has not kicked a ball yet it is about time to pack up.I have seen some exceptional players some good and some not so good in my time but i give them all a chance before i shared my opinion i really hope he plays tomorrow and if there is any justice he will bury one or two in the net to shut the doubters wrong. By the way if any of you saw Exodus. Kenny Todd. Martin Henderson and Bob Delgado play for the vale you would have something to moan about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

8 hours ago, jeffers said:

If Popey is likely to be out long term then it is a no brainer not to de-select him. I hope by the time he would be back we will not be scrapping around the bottom six. Whether Robbo stays or goes it would still be a wasted player if Popey is not available. Harsh but fact.

Unless you've accidentally slipped in one too many negatives, you're saying it's a good idea to not de-select TP, even if he's out for the long-term? Have a long-term injured player taking up a squad place, knowing he may not play again for several weeks, but, during which time we could have brought somebody else in?

1 hour ago, hamilboy said:

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Come on support the lads instead of getting on the back of players who wear the black & white of our club iv supported the vale to long to listen to some of the crap some of the so called supporters say on the media but when people slag someone off who has not kicked a ball yet it is about time to pack up.I have seen some exceptional players some good and some not so good in my time but i give them all a chance before i shared my opinion i really hope he plays tomorrow and if there is any justice he will bury one or two in the net to shut the doubters wrong. By the way if any of you saw Exodus. Kenny Todd. Martin Henderson and Bob Delgado play for the vale you would have something to moan about.

I agree, every player deserves a fair shake, so good luck to this young man. Welcome to Vale Park, Kurtis. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Unless you've accidentally slipped in one too many negatives, you're saying it's a good idea to not de-select TP, even if he's out for the long-term? Have a long-term injured player taking up a squad place, knowing he may not play again for several weeks, but, during which time we could have brought somebody else in?

I dont think that isn’t what he’s not saying.

• Haha 2

Welcome Kurtis!

Im certainly not got to judge based on his Bradford record, that place has been a graveyard for strikers for years... look at Doyle.

Judge him on his performances for us. Doesn’t seem like that difficult a concept!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

Why did they let Doyle go to Swindon? perhaps they have no idea how to play strikers.

Advert:

Again, lads, there's two people who are vaguely critical. 95% of the thread is positive and welcoming.

You don't need to moan about the very few moaners.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1