Jump to content

Kurtis Guthrie signs


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sometimes players just don't fit a club manager/tactics even though they are good players.

Hopefully we are a very good fit for him.

 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Kurtis! You are the right kind of player we need just give your all for the badge and you won't go wrong here. We have fantastic owners and in the main a great group of fans .

Welcome and Good Luck Kurtis. All we ask is hard work and commitment and you wont go wrong, oh and if you could find the onion bag a few times 🙂

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Com

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

 

 

 

 

So every footballer thats released is rubbish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Done nothing for Bradford but we see that all the times at League Two level. Remember Sodje signings for us years ago and thinking he would be hopeless after supporters of his previous club largely said that he was rotten.

He's 27 so he's at a very good age and we are crying out for another striker. Looks a decent signing on paper following on from Taylor. And that's about as much positivity you'll get from me in one post! 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 
 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 
 

Who is scouting these players and thinking it is a good idea? 

Unlike you to be pessimistic ..............

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Strikers rely on service and they fit into some clubs and not at others.

Guthrie sounds like the type to replace Popey, if Danny Pugh plays to his strengths.

Who was the striker Micky Adams signed who was garbage and only scoring off his backside at Torquay if I recollect the game right? But he went on to have a really good career at Rochdale I think. Actually did well against us.

Even Rudgey got it wrong sometimes. Who remembers Martin Henderson?

Finally, it's interesting that John Askey was looking to bring in both Guthrie and Jake Taylor this January, so should we count them as Askey signings to be fair to Askey?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 
 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 
 

Who is scouting these players and thinking it is a good idea? 

Best to just wait and see. He’s not kicked on granted, but when he played down vale that time he was top class, posters on her were wishing we had him! 
 

Only thing I will say is some strikers just don’t work at certain clubs. Robinson did well for Colchester and there fans want him back yet for us he’s been a complete and utter donkey (twice). Just because he’s been poor at Bradford Dosent mean he will be for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

 

Finally, it's interesting that John Askey was looking to bring in both Guthrie and Jake Taylor this January, so should we count them as Askey signings to be fair to Askey?

 

Thats obvious if they come off they will be Askey signings if they fail then they will be Pughs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go good god

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.
Hope I'm wrong.
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


15 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Strikers rely on service and they fit into some clubs and not at others.

Guthrie sounds like the type to replace Popey, if Danny Pugh plays to his strengths.

Who was the striker Micky Adams signed who was garbage and only scoring off his backside at Torquay if I recollect the game right? But he went on to have a really good career at Rochdale I think. Actually did well against us.

 

 

Calvin Andrew was our third choice striker behind Pope and Hughes back then. Calvin had been injured but had been an established Championship player with Luton and Crystal Palace from a young age. He had been injured but got back to a good league 1 level.

Guthrie meanwhile has never done anything above league 2. At his age now, not likely to either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MBE said:

Out of interest how many times have you watched him play for Bradford to asses he has been dreadful?

Well he was never that good for Stevenage aside for that one game against us it seems! I admit I have not seen him barely at all for Bradford. 
 

However I did have the opportunity to see him play several times for Stevenage when working down there during the 2018/19 season and he was not much good. 
 

Physically a good player but his finishing isn’t up to standard. Basically he is Theo Robinson, except maybe with a bit more pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't some big club mate wake up we're in league 2

If we signed players with a bit of prospects and were not such obvious duffers in the same league/year then I would agree. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Another reason I don’t get the criticism on this one is that it’s a 6 month deal. If he proves himself we sign him up, if he’s not good then it’s no big loss. At least he’s not been signed on a two year deal like Robinson 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a football club was run by a fans forum, within three years they would surely sweep through the leagues, win the FA Cup and Champions league. They would only sign the best players and be tactical masters. Can't think for the life of me why it hasn't happened yet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well he was never that good for Stevenage aside for that one game against us it seems! I admit I have not seen him barely at all for Bradford. 
 

However I did have the opportunity to see him play several times for Stevenage when working down there during the 2018/19 season and he was not much good. 
 

Physically a good player but his finishing isn’t up to standard. Basically he is Theo Robinson, except maybe with a bit more pace. 

 

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Another reason I don’t get the criticism on this one is that it’s a 6 month deal. If he proves himself we sign him up, if he’s not good then it’s no big loss. At least he’s not been signed on a two year deal like Robinson 

If he wants to continue his career in League Two for a decent club he will know more than anyone he'll have to come in and make a decent impact. Perhaps if he scored one that went in of his arse early on for Bradford he might have got a few for them. Confidence is a massive thing in football, even more so at this sort of level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...