Kurtis Guthrie signs

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Kurtis! You are the right kind of player we need just give your all for the badge and you won't go wrong here. We have fantastic owners and in the main a great group of fans .

Welcome and Good Luck Kurtis. All we ask is hard work and commitment and you wont go wrong, oh and if you could find the onion bag a few times 🙂

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Com

Posted Images

Good signing and a good age will compliment Rodney or Cullen got a bit of pace with him and sure he will score for us. Get the formation of the team right and we will be heading in the right direction well done the owners of our football club onwards and upwards together.

• Like 1

Advert:

If Popey is likely to be out long term then it is a no brainer not to de-select him. I hope by the time he would be back we will not be scrapping around the bottom six. Whether Robbo stays or goes it would still be a wasted player if Popey is not available. Harsh but fact.

18 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

De-select Pope and Robinson...would leave us a place for new central defender?

I agree and hope that TP doesn’t think that it’s a slap in the face, perhaps we could de select a midfielder as well. I see that Kurtis is a tall lad, so are we going route one.? I hope not as I believe that we have a lot of quality in our midfielder and we are capable of playing through the midfielder. If everything goes well and Kurtis likes our beloved club, then perhaps DP has a long term plan and is building a team that could make the play offs, but will also do well next season. He has signed two players now that we know can perform at this level. Another statement of intent by our owners. TY, K&C.

COYW.

• Like 2

Not the most inspiring signing with what all the Colchester, Stevenage and Bradford fans are saying but never know he may click for us. Wish him all the best and hopefully he can be a useful player for us. 
Only concern is that all those three sets of fans say he’s lazy, which is not what we need at the moment. Hopefully he’s bucked his ideas up.

Surely it'll be Pope de-registered rather than Theo?

Playing with Theo we may as well just have 10 men on, he’s offered nothing in every game I’ve seen him play
  • Like 2

Advert:

if we get the player who tore us apart in 1 game against Stevenage great signing but looking at hs record it does rather suggest that day was the exception rather than the norm.

What I find more interesting though is that we have basically continued with signings we would have made with JA in charge and it appears to be a continuation with Pugh.

Give him a bit of confidence and maybe he can get going but either way he give us a physical mobile presence which we have been looking for. 

Even more interesting to see which player will make way for him in our squad.

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 

Who is scouting these players and thinking it is a good idea? 

Looks a good signing, if he plays only half as well for Vale as he did for Stevenage at Vale Park a couple of years ago he will be a brilliant signing.

I don't know how bad Pope's injury is and hence how long he's likely to be out but I'd consider de-listing Whitehead.

Advert:

Pope is injured and they made the signing of someone to lead the line instantly. I think that's hard to criticise in the current footballing financial climate. 

I'm pleased with this signing and I have a hunch that it will be a good one for us. 

Time will tell. 🤞

UTV!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 

Who is scouting these players and thinking it is a good idea? 

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

30 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Out of interest how many times have you watched him play for Bradford to asses he has been dreadful?

• Like 1