onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kurtis Guthrie signs

robf

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Clearly someone has been de registered for him to be able to play tomorrow and it’s not been announced who it is yet. It could be one of a few I guess.

I can’t remember him when he’s played against us, was he good? 

He was superb that day. Tore us a new one like dembele did against grimsby. If he could recapture that kind of performance here he'd be the signing of the season. Big 'if' though. The crucial thing will be, as ever, the service. If we can't improve that, he'll only go the way of the many others over the past 7 years

Service is the key. With players like Taylor Monty, Worrall, Gibbo, Amoo, hurst all hopefully playing a part then maybe we can get back to our plus points from last season. 

Advert

Good luck to Kurtis - the only time I remember seeing him he tore us a new ass !    He is only on a 5 month contract so he needs games to impress. When he is given his opportunity he needs to come off that pitch with a shirt that he can wring the sweat out of. He may not be the greatest goal scorer but he needs to be a great worker. If he doesn't work hard fans will just say he is another Theo.  Hope he grabs his opportunity and is with us for 3 or 4 years .

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Come on support the lads instead of getting on the back of players who wear the black & white of our club iv supported the vale to long to listen to some of the crap some of the so called supporters say on the media but when people slag someone off who has not kicked a ball yet it is about time to pack up.I have seen some exceptional players some good and some not so good in my time but i give them all a chance before i shared my opinion i really hope he plays tomorrow and if there is any justice he will bury one or two in the net to shut the doubters wrong. By the way if any of you saw Exodus. Kenny Todd. Martin Henderson and Bob Delgado play for the vale you would have something to moan about.

8 hours ago, jeffers said:

If Popey is likely to be out long term then it is a no brainer not to de-select him. I hope by the time he would be back we will not be scrapping around the bottom six. Whether Robbo stays or goes it would still be a wasted player if Popey is not available. Harsh but fact.

Unless you've accidentally slipped in one too many negatives, you're saying it's a good idea to not de-select TP, even if he's out for the long-term? Have a long-term injured player taking up a squad place, knowing he may not play again for several weeks, but, during which time we could have brought somebody else in?

1 hour ago, hamilboy said:

For god's sake you are supposed to be vale fans give Guthrie a chance will you he has not kicked a ball yet i hope he shoves every word back down your throats in the next months that he is with us.Come on support the lads instead of getting on the back of players who wear the black & white of our club iv supported the vale to long to listen to some of the crap some of the so called supporters say on the media but when people slag someone off who has not kicked a ball yet it is about time to pack up.I have seen some exceptional players some good and some not so good in my time but i give them all a chance before i shared my opinion i really hope he plays tomorrow and if there is any justice he will bury one or two in the net to shut the doubters wrong. By the way if any of you saw Exodus. Kenny Todd. Martin Henderson and Bob Delgado play for the vale you would have something to moan about.

I agree, every player deserves a fair shake, so good luck to this young man. Welcome to Vale Park, Kurtis. 

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Unless you've accidentally slipped in one too many negatives, you're saying it's a good idea to not de-select TP, even if he's out for the long-term? Have a long-term injured player taking up a squad place, knowing he may not play again for several weeks, but, during which time we could have brought somebody else in?

I dont think that isn’t what he’s not saying.

14 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

Why did they let Doyle go to Swindon? perhaps they have no idea how to play strikers.

If you've got 7 minutes to spare listen to this....if not from about 5 minutes in......

This is what me and my Owd Fellah used to crack up to standing on the railway paddock.......it sums up football fans but always seemed appropriate watching Vale. Reading this thread has made me think of it......

16 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'll repeat my earlier post . Bradford got rid of Doyle , first to Swindon now to Bolton.

For no minute am I saying he's going to be as good as Doyle but sometimes moves don't work out for whatever reason. 

It's grim up North remember.

Give the lad a break, he's only here until the end of the season so it's up to him to get a longer deal . Win win. 

Archived