onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kurtis Guthrie signs

robf

if we get the player who tore us apart in 1 game against Stevenage great signing but looking at hs record it does rather suggest that day was the exception rather than the norm.

What I find more interesting though is that we have basically continued with signings we would have made with JA in charge and it appears to be a continuation with Pugh.

Give him a bit of confidence and maybe he can get going but either way he give us a physical mobile presence which we have been looking for. 

Even more interesting to see which player will make way for him in our squad.

Advert

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 

Who is scouting these players and thinking it is a good idea? 

Looks a good signing, if he plays only half as well for Vale as he did for Stevenage at Vale Park a couple of years ago he will be a brilliant signing.

I don't know how bad Pope's injury is and hence how long he's likely to be out but I'd consider de-listing Whitehead.

19 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sorry guys, this is a dire signing that won’t make us any better. Has been dreadful at Bradford and so wasteful, he makes even Theo Robinson seem clinical. 

Again, hope I am proved wrong, but I fear in a few weeks we will be asking where are our goals? 

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

30 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Out of interest how many times have you watched him play for Bradford to asses he has been dreadful?

12 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Hate to agree, but just what I was thinking. Why would Bradford let him go if he was anything like as good as some people think.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sometimes players just don't fit a club manager/tactics even though they are good players.

Hopefully we are a very good fit for him.

10 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Hope I'm wrong.

So every footballer thats released is rubbish ?

Done nothing for Bradford but we see that all the times at League Two level. Remember Sodje signings for us years ago and thinking he would be hopeless after supporters of his previous club largely said that he was rotten.

He's 27 so he's at a very good age and we are crying out for another striker. Looks a decent signing on paper following on from Taylor. And that's about as much positivity you'll get from me in one post! 😆

36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Unlike you to be pessimistic ..............

Strikers rely on service and they fit into some clubs and not at others.

Guthrie sounds like the type to replace Popey, if Danny Pugh plays to his strengths.

Who was the striker Micky Adams signed who was garbage and only scoring off his backside at Torquay if I recollect the game right? But he went on to have a really good career at Rochdale I think. Actually did well against us.

Even Rudgey got it wrong sometimes. Who remembers Martin Henderson?

Finally, it's interesting that John Askey was looking to bring in both Guthrie and Jake Taylor this January, so should we count them as Askey signings to be fair to Askey?

58 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Best to just wait and see. He’s not kicked on granted, but when he played down vale that time he was top class, posters on her were wishing we had him! 

Only thing I will say is some strikers just don’t work at certain clubs. Robinson did well for Colchester and there fans want him back yet for us he’s been a complete and utter donkey (twice). Just because he’s been poor at Bradford Dosent mean he will be for us. 

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Finally, it's interesting that John Askey was looking to bring in both Guthrie and Jake Taylor this January, so should we count them as Askey signings to be fair to Askey?

Thats obvious if they come off they will be Askey signings if they fail then they will be Pughs

Archived