onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kurtis Guthrie signs

robf

Not bothered what he did or didn't do for Bradford(sometimes things just dont work out at clubs) or what their fans say(we have heard it before about players who turned out decent for us),if we get the player who played for Stevenage,who ripped us a new one down here then he will do for me. Has some pace as well for a big lad
Exactly, Colchester fans rate Theo, but he's done nowt here, and Scott Quigley looked a different player than the one I remember. As long as Guthrie puts a shift in, the fans will back him..Oh and scores a few goals..

Advert

2 hours ago, robf said:

On a short-term deal until the end of the season after his release by Bradford City:

Link - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/01/port-vale-sign-kurtis-guthrie-for-rest-of-the-season/

I presume that means Pope may be out for some time. I also suspect that could be the last time we see Theo Robinson in a Vale shirt as another player will need to be de-registered from the squad.

Surely it'll be Pope de-registered rather than Theo?

Good signing and a good age will compliment Rodney or Cullen got a bit of pace with him and sure he will score for us. Get the formation of the team right and we will be heading in the right direction well done the owners of our football club onwards and upwards together.

If Popey is likely to be out long term then it is a no brainer not to de-select him. I hope by the time he would be back we will not be scrapping around the bottom six. Whether Robbo stays or goes it would still be a wasted player if Popey is not available. Harsh but fact.

18 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

De-select Pope and Robinson...would leave us a place for new central defender?

I agree and hope that TP doesn’t think that it’s a slap in the face, perhaps we could de select a midfielder as well. I see that Kurtis is a tall lad, so are we going route one.? I hope not as I believe that we have a lot of quality in our midfielder and we are capable of playing through the midfielder. If everything goes well and Kurtis likes our beloved club, then perhaps DP has a long term plan and is building a team that could make the play offs, but will also do well next season. He has signed two players now that we know can perform at this level. Another statement of intent by our owners. TY, K&C.

COYW.

Not the most inspiring signing with what all the Colchester, Stevenage and Bradford fans are saying but never know he may click for us. Wish him all the best and hopefully he can be a useful player for us. 
Only concern is that all those three sets of fans say he’s lazy, which is not what we need at the moment. Hopefully he’s bucked his ideas up.

Archived