onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom pope

boslemportvale91

Advert

Arm broken and ligaments in the shoulder I hear. Incredible he stayed one.

If he doesn’t play competitively which I hope he does for us again testimonial is the least he should get.

One of those that deserve legend status and not only that he is one of our very own.

Get well Tom.

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Arm broken and ligaments in the shoulder I hear. Incredible he stayed one.

If he doesn’t play competitively which I hope he does for us again testimonial is the least he should get.

One of those that deserve legend status and not only that he is one of our very own.

Get well Tom.

I'd agree with a testimonial, at the very least!

Running himself to the ground, broken, in a futile Papa John's game, in which we'd already waved the white flag, is a fairly decent microcosm of Tom Pope's Port Vale career. It would almost be a bitterly perfect way of signing off.

Whatever happens with Pope, an undoubted legend (the only of my lifetime)- and I've been very critical of some of his behaviour in the past.

I thought the guy nutted him from behind deliberately and thought it was a sending off straight away.

As someone said above when flat out and kicking the ground in pain I thought it was something serious. He will have stayed on because at 1-0 he knew we were still in the game and being Tom believed he could get the equaliser.

Also thought Hurst was done over.

I thought Pope would be first choice striker for rest of season and the chance to play to his strengths. 

If picked every week Tom could have been the man to get us the goals  back into the play-offs

That news is absolutely typical of a really <ovf censored> season for injuries.

Pope playing on with that injury reminds me of Bert Trautman playing on with a broken neck for Man City.

Very best wishes Tom 

Absolutely gutted for you.

It was an awful challenge as was the one on Whitehead.

Hope he can play again, he’s had his problems but he is probably the only real legend of the 21st century for this club. Deserves to be recognised and not slaughtered too. One of our own, broken most records he could, that goal at the Etihad, the 33 to get us up.

Regardless of the divisions he is a name that should be remembered like the Foyle, Aspin, Ainsworth, Naylor, Guppy and Earle etc.

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

I thought the guy nutted him from behind deliberately and thought it was a sending off straight away.

As someone said above when flat out and kicking the ground in pain I thought it was something serious. He will have stayed on because at 1-0 he knew we were still in the game and being Tom believed he could get the equaliser.

Also thought Hurst was done over.

I thought Pope would be first choice striker for rest of season and the chance to play to his strengths. 

If picked every week Tom could have been the man to get us the goals  back into the play-offs

That news is absolutely typical of a really <ovf censored> season for injuries.

Pope playing on with that injury reminds me of Bert Trautman playing on with a broken neck for Man City.

Very best wishes Tom 

Absolutely gutted for you.

Completely agree, looked a bad challenge, as were the tackles on Hurst and Whitehead.  TP seemed to be joking with a couple of their players as he left the field, so I was hoping it was going to be nothing serious, although he was holding his shoulder.

Hopefully we'll see Popey make a speedy recovery and play a game or two before the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, robf said:

OVF report on it here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/01/third-player-injured-during-port-vales-loss-to-sunderland-as-tom-pope-reveals-he-has-broken-arm/

With Pope ruled out and Rodney a doubt that leaves us seriously short of options for the FGR game. 

I think Rodney will be ok. Taken off as a precaution according to Pugh. DP seems more willing to use the subs to protect players and to change systems.

Archived