onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Even though I understand the 433 / 451 system and the reasons of why might set up like that tomorrow, I have a horrible feeling that we are going to get more of the same as we did under Askey, at times. I.E. having one up - we don’t score enough or create enough chances. Some lovely football played at times but no end product.

I understand the players weren’t playing for Askey, injuries etc. but even last season we never seemed to score that many. But last season we were quite solid at the back.

I know formations are swings and roundabouts but I want us to go take the game to the opposition, even when playing away. I enjoyed watching us play 442 (not just because we won) but because we played a more direct style of getting crosses into the box from the wings with 2 up front, balls into the box etc. We just seemed to look more of a threat. I would rather go 442 initially but revert to 433/451 as and when - like against Grimsby.

Issues with 442 is who to play in the centre midfield? Do we have the midfielders at the club to effectively play this way? Could play 352 but who do we play as wing backs?

Difficult game tomorrow against a team that plays good football with plenty of fluidity.They haven't played this year and their last game was on the 29th December,when they lost at home to Crawley.I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not,they could be fresh as daisies or a bit stale and slow off the mark,let's hope for the latter.In this window they have lost Carl Winchester to Sunderland and Liam Kitching to Barnsley but signed Isaac Hutchinson on loan from Derby and Baily Cargill from MKD,let's hope they don't fit in either.

Joking apart,I think that new signing Guthrie will pay up front with Rodney and we'll play 3-5-2 to try and nullify their strength in midfield.My midfield would be Worrall,Conlon,Taylor,Joyce,Monty, with a back three of Mills,Smith and Brisley.

Hopefully,this line up will be good enough to get a result and keep us moving up the league.

UTV

32 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Difficult game tomorrow against a team that plays good football with plenty of fluidity.They haven't played this year and their last game was on the 29th December,when they lost at home to Crawley.I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not,they could be fresh as daisies or a bit stale and slow off the mark,let's hope for the latter.In this window they have lost Carl Winchester to Sunderland and Liam Kitching to Barnsley but signed Isaac Hutchinson on loan from Derby and Baily Cargill from MKD,let's hope they don't fit in either.

Joking apart,I think that new signing Guthrie will pay up front with Rodney and we'll play 3-5-2 to try and nullify their strength in midfield.My midfield would be Worrall,Conlon,Taylor,Joyce,Monty, with a back three of Mills,Smith and Brisley.

Hopefully,this line up will be good enough to get a result and keep us moving up the league.

UTV

Cargill is a good player wouldn’t have minded us having him on loan 

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

Can Breadwinner please tell me how we can fit Conlon, Taylor, Joyce, Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie into the same line up please.

Presumably, GK + 3 CH and 2 of those 7 play as wing-backs? Or, the prudent use of a couple of those 7 as subs, brought on to freshen things up rather than waiting till 80+ minutes? Either way - let somebody worry about us, for a change?

Archived