Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

ive seen enough already from this caretaker. normally you get a bit of a lift from a new manager or caretaker coming in. its lasted for 1 game. against possibly the worst grimsby team ever in existence. so there you have it. groundhog day. we need an EXPERIENCED MANAGER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

Mills is bad.

Marginal improvement as the half wore on but little on goal. Taylor looked bright but needs to be on the ball more. Get Guthrie on. Cba with another loss where the keeper could get the deckchair out.

• Like 3

Not a bad performance but very mediocre. Dire goal to concede but just knew as soon as the kick was awarded they were going to score it. We do miss Leggey with his aerial power at set pieces.

Just now, valefan16 said:

Not a bad performance but very mediocre. Dire goal to concede but just knew as soon as the kick was awarded they were going to score it. We do miss Leggey with his aerial power at set pieces.

not a bad performance . are you joking? in any way whatsoever was that 1st half good? ill wait.....

Just now, RayWalkers40yarder said:

ive seen enough already from this caretaker. normally you get a bit of a lift from a new manager or caretaker coming in. its lasted for 1 game. against possibly the worst grimsby team ever in existence. so there you have it. groundhog day. we need an EXPERIENCED MANAGER.

I made that point on the day. Beating a side at Vale Park that Portly Vale would probable be able to compete well against means nothing.

As wonderful as she is, if Carol thinks choosing Pugh until the end of the season, regardless of the current circumstances, is the right decision, she needs her head examining.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Not a bad performance, really, what have we offered as an attacking force.

• Like 2

I think the only argument for appointing Pugh would be his ability to have an instant impact, having been involved in the transfers and needing no transition period as he knows the players. Hope he can provide this. We're losing nearly every second ball at present.

Edited by Joe B

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I think the only argument for appointing Pugh would be his ability to have an instant impact, having been involved in the transfers and needing no transition period as he knows the players. Hope he can provide this.

Boomer knows the players well, no doubt. Maybe he should come out of retirement and manage Port Vale.

Edited by TylerB
  • Haha 1

Is Guthrie being brought on?  FGR commentators thought he was being readied to come on.  But looks like he isn't yet and gave a good commentary on what he has done and what he brings to a team.  

These guys are easier to listen to than the muppets we get that seem more excited when teams score against us.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Not a bad performance, really, what have we offered as an attacking force.

That sums up most of the last 8 weeks.  Tried at times but no attacking force.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Hursts game plan head down sprint up touchline when we lose it head down run all the way back. 

Why are you singling him out so much. He’s a young lad who’s barely played any league games. And everyone else has been as crap.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Hursts game plan head down sprint up touchline when we lose it head down run all the way back. 

Right now he's literally the Stoke-on-Trent Forrest Gump. He doesn't start himself though, it only shows how brutal we are that he's now in our starting 11. I think he's a prospect but ideally he would be nowhere near the starting 11 right now.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 2