Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

Advert:

1 minute ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Agreed better last 10 minutes but no penetration 

FGR Commentators summed it up.  Vale are not sharp at all and offer nothing.  

Hoof ball and lack of service to our 1 striker is not happening for us.  Will Pugh and co change things around.  I feel we stand a better chance with Pugh he will do.  If it was JA and Co, then it would be changed in the 80th minute.  With a like for like person.

Come on Vale, hope to see a better side in the 2nd half.  FGR are there for the taking.

• Like 1

We have to shoot if we want to score. We’ve had one shot on target which was Brisley’s header off the corner that went straight at the keeper. Improvement on Tuesday mind.

No point us having more possession if we’re doing naff all with it.

Edited by Powerline

If we didn’t concede that stupid goal then it would have been okay half I guess. However, playing how we are it feels like we are never going to score and we all know that we don’t keep many clean sheets. 

Hurst and Rodney shouldn’t be playing every week and it feels like we are relying on them. Would they be anywhere near the Forest Green starting 11? 

Perhaps we will go for it second half, who knows. Not a fan of these away performances under Pugh so far though.

Advert:

26 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

everyone keeps raving about players like joyce. i think hes one of the worst midfield players vale have EVER had.

Completely agree. He's experienced. But you could say the same thing about Dot Cotton yet you wouldn't go anywhere near her.

The fact that he can pass the ball 5 yards seems to somehow warrant him being a permanent fixture in our side, when he actually offers next to nothing. Bizarre.

• Like 1

Need to get stuck in more

Tippy tappy passes, tippy tappy tackles

Not winning or challenging enough second balls

FG aren’t that good on the ball but we are standing off

Poor first half from us with no threat at all when we attack. Little or no service to Rodney from wide or through the middle with Hurst, in particular, showing his inexperience and creating nothing. We are being outmuscled in midfield and we are going to need to be much better to get anything past their defence. At some point, Pugh needs to get Guthrie on with two upfront because as it stands we could play until next Christmas and not score. 

Lot to do at half time because these players lack both sharpness and desire - they just don't look as if they want it. 

As long as it's one, we're in with a chance but if we concede a second, it's game over.  

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 2

Advert: