onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i would hardly say we " battled" that first half was as bad as weve been this season which isnt hard.

That 1st half was dire. We improved in the 2nd half , with a battling performance,  but Vale were lucky . It could have been 4-1. Still , a point away against the leaders is good, even if the football from both sides was awful. The next 3 fixtures will  tell a lot. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

That 1st half was dire. We improved in the 2nd half , with a battling performance,  but Vale were lucky . It could have been 4-1. Still , a point away against the leaders is good, even if the football from both sides was awful. The next 3 fixtures will  tell a lot. 

It appears you are spot on there.I just hope we rattle up enough points to ensure League football next season, at this dangerous time of the season.The pandemic probably cost us a play-off place last season ,so,let's all hope it doesn't cost us this season too.I don't care how we do it,just get the bloody points.PVFC is a massive part of many lives on here and in the community of Stoke on Trent. 

11 hours ago, Powerline said:

On a side note today, can I just mention the ref. He was actually good, it was refreshing. I thought there were a few fouls he let go, but compared to the usual clowns we have week in week out it was great. 
I only noticed after the game when I thought, hang on, I barely noticed the referee all game for once.

I agree here but one thing did concern me. 

Did anyone else hear the FGR commentary say that their keeper asked if he could pick the ball up off that back pass / non back pass .

Surely that's not allowed as the ref let's the keeper decide that for himself otherwise it's rather biased to FGR. 

Just something I picked up on which was rather astonishing but yes you are right he was anonymous which is a good trait in a referee 

7 hours ago, Clayts said:

OK, thinking back through various posts on this forum, both in this thread and over the last few months, I think I've worked out why our players often lack confidence in their decision making, look unsure of themselves and possibly even why they frequently get injured. It's because they're tied up in mental and physical knots due to the quantum state in which they are playing. Today our woeful, stealing a wage (November) piss-the-league (September) quality non-scoring 6th-highest-scoring players came up against a tinpot, well-funded, rank average, top of the table side with the kind of backroom team and recruitment set-up we should emulate but whose players are nothing special. We were simultaneously expected to lose to them comfortably, beat the likes of them if we're not happy-clappers, but would gladly take a point against them, which is an improvement because we would never have got a point against them a few weeks ago when we drew 1-1 against them having dominated the match. Or something like that. 🥴

It's almost like it's a forum with hundreds of different people providing opinions and not a homogenous group-think/singular entity 😅

Did anyone else hear the FGR commentary say that their keeper asked if he could pick the ball up off that back pass / non back pass .
Surely that's not allowed as the ref let's the keeper decide that for himself otherwise it's rather biased to FGR. 
Just something I picked up on which was rather astonishing but yes you are right he was anonymous which is a good trait in a referee 
Not sure you can say it was biased as there's no evidence that he wouldn't have done the same for brown in the same situation, presuming brown had the intelligence to ask. I've not an issue with it myself

Referees talk to the players all the time, during play they’ll be telling to players to keep the hands off or go steady when they’re together and yes even to tell them if something was a backpass or not. They’re there to help the game, so that’s good refereeing IMO. 

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure you can say it was biased as there's no evidence that he wouldn't have done the same for brown in the same situation, presuming brown had the intelligence to ask. I've not an issue with it myself

Surely it's down to the keeper to know the rules though Phil ? 

Probably just me,but I found it unusual as it's not like play had stopped .

I'm sure their keeper did know the rule, but that particular one is entirely dependent on the refs interpretation. What constitutes a backpass to one ref possibly doesn't to another. So if you're unsure you should ask in my opinion

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They often ask and refs will tell them most of the time, in the rules, nowt wrong with it, be surprised if Brown doesn’t do the same given the chance. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I get your point but if you look at Rugby the refs give guidance all the time. I agree the ref was otherwise anonymous which is good.

OK, thinking back through various posts on this forum, both in this thread and over the last few months, I think I've worked out why our players often lack confidence in their decision making, look unsure of themselves and possibly even why they frequently get injured. It's because they're tied up in mental and physical knots due to the quantum state in which they are playing. Today our woeful, stealing a wage (November) piss-the-league (September) quality non-scoring 6th-highest-scoring players came up against a tinpot, well-funded, rank average, top of the table side with the kind of backroom team and recruitment set-up we should emulate but whose players are nothing special. We were simultaneously expected to lose to them comfortably, beat the likes of them if we're not happy-clappers, but would gladly take a point against them, which is an improvement because we would never have got a point against them a few weeks ago when we drew 1-1 against them having dominated the match. Or something like that. 
Isnt that just because lots of different people follow vale and are allowed to express their opinions how ever different they may be.

Archived