onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determination in the team under Pugh. We’re far from a finished side and a bit off in terms of a play offs side for me, but for the little time Pughs been in control we’ve got four points and put some work in and got the results. Guthrie will improve us no end up top and we know what Taylor adds in goals and energy. 

experienced managers may work or  may not it really is as simple as that. What’s saying Danny won’t work? We don’t know. None of us do. 

I’ll get behind him if he’s in the dugout and I just hope that the players continue to fight and work hard and come together and finish the second half of the season better, and then it may be up to Danny Pugh to go out and recruit well and that’s where we will ultimately judge him. For now I’m just happy for the second Saturday running it’s not been ruined and I can enjoy my lager tonight. 

now on to a couple of games where we can get the team prepared for whatever formation he wants to go with and get a few more wins. 

Advert

8 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determination in the team under Pugh. We’re far from a finished side and a bit off in terms of a play offs side for me, but for the little time Pughs been in control we’ve got four points and put some work in and got the results. Guthrie will improve us no end up top and we know what Taylor adds in goals and energy. 

experienced managers may work or  may not it really is as simple as that. What’s saying Danny won’t work? We don’t know. None of us do. 

I’ll get behind him if he’s in the dugout and I just hope that the players continue to fight and work hard and come together and finish the second half of the season better, and then it may be up to Danny Pugh to go out and recruit well and that’s where we will ultimately judge him. For now I’m just happy for the second Saturday running it’s not been ruined and I can enjoy my lager tonight. 

now on to a couple of games where we can get the team prepared for whatever formation he wants to go with and get a few more wins. 

Really good and sensible post that is

3 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am on my own but for me I think Fitzpatrick does a steady job and I feel much calmer with him there than Monty or Crookes.  I am a fan of Monty but playing left wing and if fit next week get him on the wing and hopefully Worrall on the right.

He is also, I imagine, pretty cheap and therefore an excellent squad member when you have a salary cap to contend with.

On a side note today, can I just mention the ref. He was actually good, it was refreshing. I thought there were a few fouls he let go, but compared to the usual clowns we have week in week out it was great. 
I only noticed after the game when I thought, hang on, I barely noticed the referee all game for once.

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

On a side note today, can I just mention the ref. He was actually good, it was refreshing. I thought there were a few fouls he let go, but compared to the usual clowns we have week in week out it was great. 
I only noticed after the game when I thought, hang on, I barely noticed the referee all game for once.

Spot on i thought exactly the same,dont think he dished out a card today did he?

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

laughable comment. just shows you havent got a clue. the moment you start calling names you lose the argument.

And that from a man who spends his time on here abusing all the players.  Have you lost your shift key by the way?

I noticed at one point the commentators mentioned how much Frank Sinclair was yelling from the bench.  I hadn't realised it was him but he was certainly very vocal.  I do wonder, however, if players simply switch off from that after while it was so incessant.

2 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Good post that Steve. 

Didnt watch today as becomes expensive at 10 pounds a game but all in all a fine result and character shown which is essential and what will make the Vale the club as a whole stronger .

Some glowing remarks on Guthrie on facebook site so pleased he came on and gave a good account of himself .

Rodney is scoring all kinds of goals I ain't seen his today but 25 yards and flew in he is going be some player that lad .

Sorry hear that Oyelekes wife got covid hope she makes a full recovery along with Montano, he as it aswell I believe .

Well done Vale a very happy sat again ,let's thrash the saddlers next we owe them big time sick of there comebacks v us and wins v us time to thrash them good and proper .

UTV 

Decent point in the end, you can't say anything else. But it looked to be two poor teams from the performances, and I can't help but think the game was there to be won today had we just gone for it a little more from the off.
As frustrating as he can be and as raw as he looks at times, Rodney is one of the very few positives on the pitch that we actually have.
Bet you hated it when Vale scored ,

OK, thinking back through various posts on this forum, both in this thread and over the last few months, I think I've worked out why our players often lack confidence in their decision making, look unsure of themselves and possibly even why they frequently get injured. It's because they're tied up in mental and physical knots due to the quantum state in which they are playing. Today our woeful, stealing a wage (November) piss-the-league (September) quality non-scoring 6th-highest-scoring players came up against a tinpot, well-funded, rank average, top of the table side with the kind of backroom team and recruitment set-up we should emulate but whose players are nothing special. We were simultaneously expected to lose to them comfortably, beat the likes of them if we're not happy-clappers, but would gladly take a point against them, which is an improvement because we would never have got a point against them a few weeks ago when we drew 1-1 against them having dominated the match. Or something like that. 🥴

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I noticed at one point the commentators mentioned how much Frank Sinclair was yelling from the bench.  I hadn't realised it was him but he was certainly very vocal.  I do wonder, however, if players simply switch off from that after while it was so incessant.

The winger and full-back get earrache, though they do least get to look forward to a rest in the second half if they spent the first half by the dugout

Archived