onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sentinel gives Brown 6 out of 10.  Sorry Baggers, you're wrong.  He should have had 10.

Really? I thought he had very little to do, apart from two things; an unconvincing save which Matt should have buried the rebound, and the heartstopping flap at the weird cross that hit the bar? Or something like that.

I think 6 is fine. FGR had very little which tested Brown. I can't remember thinking he'd done anything above expected.

I don't think many were above 6 today; Conlon and Rodney a 7, Mills a 5, rest a 6. Was a steady performance lacking in quality which is to be expected. Point is decent.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Really? I thought he had very little to do, apart from two things; an unconvincing save which Matt should have buried the rebound, and the heartstopping flap at the weird cross that hit the bar? Or something like that.

I think 6 is fine. FGR had very little which tested Brown. I can't remember thinking he'd done anything above expected.

I don't think many were above 6 today; Conlon and Rodney a 7, Mills a 5, rest a 6. Was a steady performance lacking in quality which is to be expected. Point is decent.

Sorry, Joe.  That was a tongue in cheek response to RayWalkersBarmyCousin or whatever he's called.  I agree with you entirely but he's never wrong you know.

Although it wasnt the best performance there are a lot of positives to take. 

the rot has definitely been stopped two weeks ago we would have lost that game 

weve taken 4 points from two games 

we look a lot more solid in defence they had half chances at best 

i thought that guthrie looked decent when came on 

its goinf to take time to turn us around in terms of going forward but if a new manager had come in and taken 4 points from two games we would of all been buzzing about them. If we win our next game things are looking up

For me, a uneasy, dare I say slow start with FGR on the front foot. We didn’t’t keep the ball well but defended quite well. Smudge and Brisley looking solid overall. A few nice touches from Jake but Amoo still frustrates me with his lack of decision making. Rodney can’t play the lone striker and Hurst was ineffective. We got to half time against the ropes but still in it.

Second half improvement and Conlon was attempting to pass the ball. Futz steady and didn’t give the ball away.

Game changed with Guthrie on which helped Rodders as he moved outside and scored an excellent goal.

We ground out a draw against a top three team. Well done Vale especially as we had so many players out of the team.

Just been watching Ross County v Aberdeen on BBC Alba after watching the FGR v Vale game earlier today 

Adam's Park [Ross's ground] looks so much bigger than FGR's ground

Having been to Adam's Park, I know that it's a pretty much average sized ground as football stadia go

So was it the strange camera angle at FGR's ground creating some minimizing effect, or is it in fact a postage-stamp of a ground?

It did often seem like a basketball game, especially with FGR's generally basketball sized players

Points-with-Bone

Just been watching Ross County v Aberdeen on BBC Alba after watching the FGR v Vale game earlier today 
Having been to Adam's Park, I know that it's a pretty much average sized ground as football stadia go
So was it the strange camera angle at FGR's ground creating some minimizing effect, or is it in fact a postage-stamp of a ground?
It did often seem like a basketball game, especially with FGR's generally basketball sized players
Points-with-Bone

Went a few seasons back, it’s a nice little set up but literally in the middle of nowhere... I was driving past a farm down a dirt track and my sat nav said it was 100 yards away... and there it was.

Open Terrace down the side the camera is sat which was the away end. The main stand opposite is alright, new facility and has a bar and food facilities you can go in before the game (vegan).

They are building a new Eco Stadium though that looks like wood.

It’s similar to say Burton but without the roof on a couple of stands!

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Points-with-Bone

Yes it’s a small ground, capacity around 5,000 at a guess.

My biggest gripe is how uncomfortable we look in possession. Quite a lot of opposing teams this season have looked technically better and more creative than us, from defence to attack.

Personally I think that this stems from our back five. Brown, Mills, Legge, Smith and Brisley are too happy to wack the ball upfront or stick it in an area to get us out. I’ll give Fitz and Montano some credit as they do try and find a pass and get the ball down. All this leads to is the ball coming straight back and us failing to gain a foothold in the game. Last season Joyce was getting on the ball a lot more and starting attacks himself.

My text to my mate just before halftime."Hurst off Guthrie on Rodney wide or moving into middle on occasions.Pugh left it a bit late as Askey did,so my  next text"just filling in my application form to  Carol" Rodney never won the ball in the air and we kept hitting long balls.Guthrie won headers and flick ons immediately.We may even have won the game if he'd subbed at half time!

Archived