onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Would still be happier with two up front and only 1 wide. Three in middle inc. Conlon and Taylor will give us the extra forward player when we break.

Not sure but i would expect us to set up more positive at home and aim to frustrate teams away from home(and some fans it would seem as well 🙂 )

Advert

21 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Anyone else think we looked much better up front with Guthrie? Ball seemed to stick at the end with more regularity than it did prior.

We were that poor in that area before that it's not saying much, but he roughed a few of their lads up and accusations of laziness from other clubs seem misguided. Rans the channels willingly, seemed to win every header he challenged for, provided a lovely chest down and a delicious turn on our right. I accept he's been on 30 minute and it's overly analytical, but as someone who was presented by Bantams as lazy/sulky/ineffectual, I was pleasantly surprised by what he seemed to offer.

Hope he can settle in and grab a goal as there was enough from him today to suggest something weird happened at Bradford. At worst, he seemed a willing runner with the physical traits to distract defenders.

I thought that he looked decent.  It will be interesting to see how things go once he has had a little more time with the squad.

I've learned to take fans views with a pinch of salt.  I remember Constantine being lambasted for being lazy, while he was breaking goal scoring records, at the Vale.

57 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rodney has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 12 starts.

7 goals and 3 assists from 22 games this season.

Good, that. I really like him. Grafts even when nothing falls to him, and has a proper knack for finishing. Maybe Askey was a transfer magician after all. 

He will leave us at some point for money and thats why we gave him a 3yr deal,i still remember how many on here were saying we had got ourselves a donkey after a few games,i like him i do

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

He will leave us at some point for money and thats why we gave him a 3yr deal,i still remember how many on here were saying we had got ourselves a donkey after a few games,i like him i do

I had a debate on here with someone who called him a donkey last week. 

Off at a bit of a tangent but listening to joe Royle today talking about wayne Rooney saying that as Derby manager he should not being part of the mates brigade in the dressing room !!!!!  Therefore still  feel a new manager is needed who can come in with no affinity to any of the players and can assess what is needed to get us out of this mess. As it sounds from comments on today’s game, overall we’re a dog <ovf censored> team, who can only scrounge a point and very occ 3 when the other side is having a bad day !!!!! 

44 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

the performance was as bad as mansfield. we got lucky today. i wont back down over this and since the michael brown shambles ive been right EVERY SINGLE TIME. we need a new experienced manager. pugh will take us down. im not going to repeat myself again over this.

God, you are a bore.

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He’s extremely raw. But has some brilliant qualities especially at this level. As soon as he improves on his finishing he will leave for money as you say 

45 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

the performance was as bad as mansfield. we got lucky today. i wont back down over this and since the michael brown shambles ive been right EVERY SINGLE TIME. we need a new experienced manager. pugh will take us down. im not going to repeat myself again over this.

Well done clever you being right everytime,it must be great to be you.

Pugh WONT take us down fact.

Archived