onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

Don't forget the supporters. There's far too many people who are content just as long as the club are still in the football league, and happy to accept dross like Danny Pugh as manager if he can win a game now and again. They are a big part of the reason the club is very unlikely to ever amount to anything again.

Should rename the club Bog Standard FC.

I am very content tonight me owd fruit

People said lets see how we do when we play a decent side,well we did and away from home,battled for the point imo so yes i am content with the points return so far,did i want Pugh NO,am i ok with it now i guess so so i will back him if its to be him.

Just to add i thought Smith was back to his battling best(maybe its because Legge isn't next to him now?)

Advert

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Amoo never looks that interested, long time since he had a decent game in my opinion

Have to agree,never really taken to Amoo for some reason,as it stands i would sooner see Monty and Wozza out wide and thats from me who has never really rated Monty as a wide man either 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Brian said:

I get that Vale are not an easy watch at the moment, but some of the comments on here beggar belief.

The squad is in transition, with Brown, Legge, Joyce and Pope all struggling to match the standards of last season. 

Some of the signings have looked short term at best.

However, there are some good points emerging, if people wish to look for them.

Hurst and Rodney (apart from his goal) had poor days today, but they are both developing fast.

Guthrie and Taylor both made good contributions today, and should prove to be good signings.

Smith and Brisley were solid today. Smith has fallen below his standards for the first time in 4 seasons lately, but I think he has earned more respect than he is given by some on this site.

Conlon was a great pick as Captain, and is good every game, but was tremendous today, both in play and in leadership.

We were without 3-5 key players today, and dug out a result against a team that started in the top 4.

There are still some serious issues to sort out, perhaps including changing the system we play, maybe finding one which suits our better players.

Put Gibbons and Worrall (plus maybe Montano) into our second half team today, and things will look a lot better.

Finally, Pugh, a rookie manager, has 4 points from 2 league games, so deserves at least the benefit of the doubt!

smiths always been a non league defender carried by legge until this season which has showed up his shortcomings.

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am very content tonight me owd fruit

People said lets see how we do when we play a decent side,well we did and away from home,battled for the point imo so yes i am content with the points return so far,did i want Pugh NO,am i ok with it now i guess so so i will back him if its to be him.

Just to add i thought Smith was back to his battling best(maybe its because Legge isn't next to him now?)

i would hardly say we " battled" that first half was as bad as weve been this season which isnt hard.

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

It's interesting to hear forest greens interpretation of our team on the commentary they seem to have noticed how poor we are 

I never heard that tbf,i heard them say how we sit in but then go forward unlike Carlisle and Cambridge who has it happens both lost there without scoring

41 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am on my own but for me I think Fitzpatrick does a steady job and I feel much calmer with him there than Monty or Crookes.  I am a fan of Monty but playing left wing and if fit next week get him on the wing and hopefully Worrall on the right.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

6 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

the performance was as bad as mansfield. we got lucky today. i wont back down over this and since the michael brown shambles ive been right EVERY SINGLE TIME. we need a new experienced manager. pugh will take us down. im not going to repeat myself again over this.

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times better than against Mansfield. With Conlon and Taylor the midfield was more mobile and when Rodney went out wide he got us the point. It wasn’t a brilliant performance, it was a hard working team performance against a team who were top of the live table during the afternoon on their own ground. What the hell are you expecting when our best provider and one of our best strikers weren’t even on the pitch.

Incidentally, I noticed that the match thread from last week against Grimsby had nearly 40 pages of posts but not a single one from you. You must have been really gutted at a 3-0 win - nothing to bloody moan about and be RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. 

How many teams have come to VP and done that to us? I was sat watching with an air of expectation......a run of the mill win for FGR especially after they went 1-0 up. Why, oh why did Browny not come and clear everyone out, us and them, to get a punch on that free kick? If they score and there's a couple of bodies scattered about so be it....that 6 yard box is his...full stop.

We then hung in and you could see us nicking one, except we're Vale and we don't do that and then, "Boom", Rodders, I thank you. I'll take a point on that performance all day BUT why do other teams look so much more comfortable with the ball in the opposition half than we do? The commentators said the main diference was the sense of purpose when attacking. I can only presume when we are playing tip tap in and around the half way line there is no movement up front? I think when JT gets up to speed he will be going past the forwards, which no-one did today. Tom Conlon worked hard but wasn't far enough up the pitch to do any damage. Amoo is like carrying an extra man at the moment.....pass it back, square or lose it and then clumsily foul someone seems to be his modus operandi...he is woefully short of confidence.

Still, a points a point that we would not have got during the last part of Askey's reign. 

With a full squad selection will be interesting because I quite fancy seeing Guthrie on the end of some of the crosses Wozza and Hursty ping in.

Did I see Jake come off clutching his groin towards the end.....I hope that's a precaution and not a full blown injury?

Archived