onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Agreed better last 10 minutes but no penetration 

FGR Commentators summed it up.  Vale are not sharp at all and offer nothing.  

Hoof ball and lack of service to our 1 striker is not happening for us.  Will Pugh and co change things around.  I feel we stand a better chance with Pugh he will do.  If it was JA and Co, then it would be changed in the 80th minute.  With a like for like person.

Come on Vale, hope to see a better side in the 2nd half.  FGR are there for the taking.

Advert

If we didn’t concede that stupid goal then it would have been okay half I guess. However, playing how we are it feels like we are never going to score and we all know that we don’t keep many clean sheets. 

Hurst and Rodney shouldn’t be playing every week and it feels like we are relying on them. Would they be anywhere near the Forest Green starting 11? 

Perhaps we will go for it second half, who knows. Not a fan of these away performances under Pugh so far though.

26 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

everyone keeps raving about players like joyce. i think hes one of the worst midfield players vale have EVER had.

Completely agree. He's experienced. But you could say the same thing about Dot Cotton yet you wouldn't go anywhere near her.

The fact that he can pass the ball 5 yards seems to somehow warrant him being a permanent fixture in our side, when he actually offers next to nothing. Bizarre.

Poor first half from us with no threat at all when we attack. Little or no service to Rodney from wide or through the middle with Hurst, in particular, showing his inexperience and creating nothing. We are being outmuscled in midfield and we are going to need to be much better to get anything past their defence. At some point, Pugh needs to get Guthrie on with two upfront because as it stands we could play until next Christmas and not score. 

Lot to do at half time because these players lack both sharpness and desire - they just don't look as if they want it. 

As long as it's one, we're in with a chance but if we concede a second, it's game over.  

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Hurst hasn’t played 10 senior games yet and he’s already been written off. Crazy. 

i actually quite like hurst hes got a bright future. but expecting him to just turn up week in and week out against experienced defenders and put a performance in isnt going to happen. hes a young lad who needs time. time we dont have right now.

4 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Think I’m the only Vale fan that thinks Taylor is massively overrated and we’ve only signed him because his agent Sproson said so. 

I think you are. Taylor is the best player in a white shirt at the moment, although that's not saying much as the rest appear to be shockingly poor.

We can't string two passes together, but that's because no one is showing for the ball when we do have it. All the full backs do is hoof it up front and Rodney hasn't won a single header this half. 

I think we're in between two systems. We're playing with wingers and utilising long balls, but those things need a Pope (in his element) or another target man up front to win and hold the ball up - we haven't got that. We either need to cut the long balls and high crosses out and go to feet, or we need to bring Guthrie on for Rodney and see if he has more joy.

Archived