onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 15/01/2021 at 09:37, Rampant Zebra said:

Interesting that the injury update on the official Vale website doesn't even mention Manny. Guess he is a way off returning. 

perhaps time to move on, no use being a good player for six matches a season. we need consistency.😷

Advert

I assume we have de-registered someone to allow Guthrie to play. Pugh was fairly clear that he was in the plans for today.

I just really want us to start winning a few games of football. Been a miserable few months for us. 

Pugh didn't say anything about Rodney's fitness so do we assume he's fit?  

I think with the signing of Taylor, the captaincy of Conlon, and the undeniable importance of Joyce, it looks like 433 is the preferred option, but then you have to leave out one of Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie.

20 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It is his much anticipated 2-6-2 formation with Smith as central midfielder.

Only joking VFIA , you put smiles on peoples face at times 

Attack is Port Vales best form of defence I'd like see Hurst put 3 crosses in all buried by Danny Guthrie ,freedom of the city till next game. 

GOOAAAARRRRRRRNNNNN

41 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Attack is Port Vales best form of defence I'd like see Hurst put 3 crosses in all buried by Danny Guthrie ,freedom of the city till next game. 

GOOAAAARRRRRRRNNNNN

Are you suggesting Hurst’s crosses are so bad they’ll end up in the Bescot?

46 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

GOOAAAARRRRRRRNNNNN

Even better if they were all buried by Kurtis Guthrie.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Are you suggesting Hurst’s crosses are so bad they’ll end up in the Bescot?

What's his first name I'm sure its Danny lmao ,hurst is amazing ok Guthrie not danny lmao ,Danny Guthrie I do not care maybe it's his brother hat trick for the lad and me somersaulting around Trentham lakes .

UTV 

22 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Assuming various injuries and maybe ignorant of others:

Brown

Mills Smith Brisley Monty

Amoo Joyce Conlon Worrall

Guthrie Rodney

I’m guessing the likes of Gibbons, Pope and ?? Hurst are injured?

I imagine taylor will start today

28 minutes ago, For Us All said:

They always seem to have a policy of having signings lined up before they release anybody.Chris Courtney is in charge of recruitment.

That's how it should be. Have your targets identified a year in advance. Know exactly who will be out of contract in Summer 21, Summer 22 etc. Cross players off the list when they sign extensions. Have a rough idea of what the core of the squad will look like in 2 years time. What are the key areas to work on? What do we need more from via the academy? How much do we want to spend, per position, in the salary cap? Where can we get away with U21s who won't need to be registered, and where will we need experience? Which players are going to be released by Category 1 academies?

I'm sure we do a bit of this but I still don't see that long-term recruitment strategy. It takes a lot of time, effort, and diligence, hence why good clubs have someone in control of it, as the manager can't possibly manage a team and be so detailed/long-term with his signings. The next step for us is a recruitment director/DoF, who works with a head coach whose primary focus is training and tactics.

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

That's how it should be. Have your targets identified a year in advance. Know exactly who will be out of contract in Summer 21, Summer 22 etc. Cross players off the list when they sign extensions. Have a rough idea of what the core of the squad will look like in 2 years time. What are the key areas to work on? What do we need more from via the academy? How much do we want to spend, per position, in the salary cap? Where can we get away with U21s who won't need to be registered, and where will we need experience? Which players are going to be released by Category 1 academies?

I'm sure we do a bit of this but I still don't see that long-term recruitment strategy. It takes a lot of time, effort, and diligence, hence why good clubs have someone in control of it, as the manager can't possibly manage a team and be so detailed/long-term with his signings. The next step for us is a recruitment director/DoF, who works with a head coach whose primary focus is training and tactics.

They are very ambitious and have over 100 staff,which seems to be a lot for such a small club?

Archived