onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I'll go FGR 1 Vale 1. Would liked to have welcomed Jake back earlier on, but what with a chest infection that has knocked me bandy, I was a bit too poorly to do so. Some of the three main loves in my life are, The Vale, beer and the Missus. And there was great news about 2 of them this week. We secured the signing of an exciting young player despite interest from other Clubs. I look forward to Jake helping to drive Port Vale forward from the engine room again. Welcome home son. As far as beer is concerned, did you read that Watneys have reintroduced the Party Seven. And this time the ale has a decent 4.8% strength. They've stayed true to the 1970s model,  so all you'll need to open the thing is just a screwdriver, a small hacksaw and a mop. UTV

Party seven! Memories of opening one on a school trip using a penknife and a shoe, back seat of the bus. Didn't have a mop. 😬

Advert

6 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I'll go FGR 1 Vale 1. Would liked to have welcomed Jake back earlier on, but what with a chest infection that has knocked me bandy, I was a bit too poorly to do so. Some of the three main loves in my life are, The Vale, beer and the Missus. And there was great news about 2 of them this week. We secured the signing of an exciting young player despite interest from other Clubs. I look forward to Jake helping to drive Port Vale forward from the engine room again. Welcome home son. As far as beer is concerned, did you read that Watneys have reintroduced the Party Seven. And this time the ale has a decent 4.8% strength. They've stayed true to the 1970s model,  so all you'll need to open the thing is just a screwdriver, a small hacksaw and a mop. UTV

glad to see youve got your priorities in the right order! as for watneys party 7 it was the drink of the devil. (along with Bents bitter).awful stuff.😇:ovf::drink::drunk:

11 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Whatever formation is picked we must sort out that midfield, as we are constantly being overrun for long periods of games, including the Grimsby one.

I'm with you 100%. We have a lightweight midfield and badly need someone with physicality and power. 

We must get the balance of the team right. If we're playing the likes of Hurst, Amoo, Burgess, Cullen, etc. we must have 1-2 lads with real bite and aggression, otherwise we get overrun too easily and lose lots of 50:50s.

I'm sure it would make a big difference to the team if we had a Griffith or a Grant or a Porter in front of the back four.

That's why Oyeleke makes a difference to us - even though I can't remember when he was last 100% match fit! He's such a loss to us.

12 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I'm with you 100%. We have a lightweight midfield and badly need someone with physicality and power. 

We must get the balance of the team right. If we're playing the likes of Hurst, Amoo, Burgess, Cullen, etc. we must have 1-2 lads with real bite and aggression, otherwise we get overrun too easily and lose lots of 50:50s.

I'm sure it would make a big difference to the team if we had a Griffith or a Grant or a Porter in front of the back four.

That's why Oyeleke makes a difference to us - even though I can't remember when he was last 100% match fit! He's such a loss to us.

I would prefer to bring in a Grant instead of a Centre Half.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Can Breadwinner please tell me how we can fit Conlon, Taylor, Joyce, Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie into the same line up please.

It is his much anticipated 2-6-2 formation with Smith as central midfielder.

Only joking VFIA , you put smiles on peoples face at times !! 

31 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can Breadwinner please tell me how we can fit Conlon, Taylor, Joyce, Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie into the same line up please.

It's a tough one that but heres my team for tomorrow .

Brown 

Mills Smith Brisley Montano 

Hurst Joyce Taylor Worrall 

Rodney Guthrie 

It's a 4 -4 -2 with emphasis on pressing from the front ,defensive work and getting hold of that ball .

Felt on tues too many players hiding Smith  was not sprinting ,leisurely running back especially on there first goal, Conlon was not in the game at all not effecting it whatsoever and Amoo and Robinson apart from goal kicks from Visser which were too to be headed  on to isolated Robinson who was crowded out it was dreadful stuff in the main till the latter stages in game when Taylor  Cullen entered the fray then we  started play how I expected them play all 90 .

So I'd start with my team then gradually if game going well and everyones at it make changes,its obvious Burgess plays better with Taylor in the team I mean v Man City it was Taylor Burgess and Joyce and they did well all said and done ,so he could enter the fray for Hurst then maybe Cullen also for the striker who is not affecting the game .

Amoo is a match winner but I noticed he as a bit of a stomach at present he needs to buckle down as does that ever absent Oyeleke ,what the hell is up with him ,get yourself out there and prove what a good player you are years ago players played with injuries ,man up .

Looking forward to seeing Guthrie hope he can form a deadly duo with all the 3 strikers .

UTV 

Is it time to give Visser a go?  The first 10 mins v Grimbsy  saw free headers from well inside the 6 yard box, unchallenged by Scott Brown - yes, they were both given offside but we need a keeper who can dominate that area... is Visser that man?

I am not suggesting that Brown has not played well this season, (though not as well as last season?) but I would prefer a keeper to command the 6 yd box and not rely on his defenders winning every cross  - and it would help me avoid having kittens every time a deep cross comes in. 

15 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

It's a tough one that but heres my team for tomorrow .

Brown 

Mills Smith Brisley Montano 

Hurst Joyce Taylor Worrall 

Rodney Guthrie 

It's a 4 -4 -2 with emphasis on pressing from the front ,defensive work and getting hold of that ball .

Felt on tues too many players hiding Smith  was not sprinting ,leisurely running back especially on there first goal, Conlon was not in the game at all not effecting it whatsoever and Amoo and Robinson apart from goal kicks from Visser which were too to be headed  on to isolated Robinson who was crowded out it was dreadful stuff in the main till the latter stages in game when Taylor  Cullen entered the fray then we  started play how I expected them play all 90 .

So I'd start with my team then gradually if game going well and everyones at it make changes,its obvious Burgess plays better with Taylor in the team I mean v Man City it was Taylor Burgess and Joyce and they did well all said and done ,so he could enter the fray for Hurst then maybe Cullen also for the striker who is not affecting the game .

Amoo is a match winner but I noticed he as a bit of a stomach at present he needs to buckle down as does that ever absent Oyeleke ,what the hell is up with him ,get yourself out there and prove what a good player you are years ago players played with injuries ,man up .

Looking forward to seeing Guthrie hope he can form a deadly duo with all the 3 strikers .

UTV 

Far too sensible, but yeah, decent team. No room for Conlon?

7 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Is it time to give Visser a go?  The first 10 mins v Grimbsy  saw free headers from well inside the 6 yard box, unchallenged by Scott Brown - yes, they were both given offside but we need a keeper who can dominate that area... is Visser that man?

I am not suggesting that Brown has not played well this season, (though not as well as last season?) but I would prefer a keeper to command the 6 yd box and not rely on his defenders winning every cross  - and it would help me avoid having kittens every time a deep cross comes in. 

I too have had issues with Brown's lack of willingness to claim crosses. Chris Neal was a master at it and it was huge for us in tight games, taking pressure off his defenders with some authority.

Brown is a great shot stopper and never makes egregious errors, but a bit more command of his box would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Far too sensible, but yeah, decent team. No room for Conlon?

No not for me but a very good player when at it but we do not need a floating number 10 tomorrow we need everyone at it all game .

I believe eventually Conlon will be worth 15 million if go by his performances for 60 mins out of 90 ,but increasingly do not like the fact he becomes less and less involved after the 60th odd minute .

A good player bring on though and in home games first on my team sheet away not for me 

Archived