onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

A stern test of our progress towards getting back to acceptable form, a repeat of our home draw with FGR would be a step in the right direction.  Hopefully Hurst and Pope will be available after their Sunderland knocks, together with the rested Rodney and Worrall to give much needed impetus. Hopeful of a draw after the battering the defence took at Sunderland mainly held firm

Advert

Brown

Mills/Gibbons Smith Brisley Montano

Joyce Conlon

Worrall Taylor Hurst

Rodney

If Hurst is injured, Monty to the wing and Fitzpatrick at LB. If Rodney is injured, Pope up top with Taylor effectively playing right off him. Gibbons in if fit.

Big game in the managerial race - if Pugh can pull of a win, then he is probably nailed on to see us through till May. A defeat and Carol may wish to look externally. If Pugh is truly a 'caretaker', there has to be a limited timeframe in which he is to pick up results. If we're 'waiting and seeing' with him and this is some form of trial/probation period, we might as well appoint him and put debate to rest.

Forest Green are a pretty good outfit.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Brown

Mills/Gibbons Smith Brisley Montano

Joyce Conlon

Worrall Taylor Hurst

Rodney

If Hurst is injured, Monty to the wing and Fitzpatrick at LB. If Rodney is injured, Pope up top with Taylor effectively playing right off him. Gibbons in if fit.

Big game in the managerial race - if Pugh can pull of a win, then he is probably nailed on to see us through till May. A defeat and Carol may wish to look externally. If Pugh is truly a 'caretaker', there has to be a limited timeframe in which he is to pick up results. If we're 'waiting and seeing' with him and this is some form of trial/probation period, we might as well appoint him and put debate to rest.

Forest Green are a pretty good outfit.

A win at FGR would be a massive boost, especially if Taylor scores. End of Jan, after Walsall, Southend at home, Scunthorpe away could seal  Pugh either way.

Toughy but not unwinnable, FGR are better away than they are at home and Vale should of beaten them at VP.

They’ve also lost two big players in Winchester to Sunderland and the centre half to Barnsley.

Give us a good idea of where we are and a draw would be ok, if we can win one of the next 2 I’d be happy (as long as we put Scunny and Southend to the sword)

1-1 here I reckon. Pope and Matt

One thing I've noticed is that in the 180 mins Pugh and Sinclair have being in charge that only when we played 4-4-2 (first half sat and last 15 yesterday ) have we looked a good side ,and personally feel moving forwards that with the players we have 3-5-2 would make us a even better side I feel eventually if we can move players on and replace with defenders who can play that system then we will be on to a winner .

Hard game this in my opinion we deserved win the home fixture v these ,team well you gotta include Jake Taylor so it be for me.

Brown 

Mills Smith Brisley Montano 

Worrall Joyce Conlon Taylor 

Pope Rodney (Cullen )

A 4-4-2 and play as well as v Grimsby any repeat of Grimsby second half and Sunderland 75 mins then theres only going be one winner and it will not be us 

Difficult to know how Pughy may go against FGR.

We played well playing 442 on Saturday. But we were at home v lowly Grimsby.

Clearly, a tougher test this Saturday.

For me, if going for 442, who do we play as the middle two in CM? Not really sure?

I feel that we will be playing 433 again particularly as FGR are a decent side. However, after Saturday, I would like to see us play 442 with the same direct play. Crosses from the wing, balls into the box, having 2 upfront.

So:

Brown

Mills. Smith. Bris. Monty/Fitz

Joyce.   Conlon

Taylor

Wozza.  Rodney/Pope. Hurst/Amoo

However, Pughy May surprise us with a 352 formation? Allowing the middle 3 in midfield and 2 upfront.

36 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Word is it was quite a nasty one. A blow considering how decently he performed in the front two last week.

Reinforces to me that ideally, Robinson can be moved on and another forward brought in.

He played on though? Unless he has had some concussion he should be ok.

On 13/01/2021 at 09:59, Fosse69 said:

A stern test of our progress towards getting back to acceptable form, a repeat of our home draw with FGR would be a step in the right direction.  Hopefully Hurst and Pope will be available after their Sunderland knocks, together with the rested Rodney and Worrall to give much needed impetus. Hopeful of a draw after the battering the defence took at Sunderland mainly held firm

No Popey for a while by the looks of it!

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

No Popey for a while by the looks of it!

Unfortunately not, our injury hoodoo carries on. Watching the game I thought it was a head injury, did not realise it caused him to land awkwardly  and break his arm.  

Archived