Jump to content

Carol on P ‘n’ G tonight


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^This - those saying that Carols interview didn't inspire them with confidence, that the players are snakes etc obviously weren't listening to a word that she said!   We are going through un

There's nothing wrong with the players apologising to Carol. Her exact words (according to The Sentinel) were “The response I have had from players…I had players phoning me this week. I did have playe

Some of the commentd on this thread are genuinely disturbing. Carol has paid out millions over the odds to rescue the club from Smurthwaite, millions more to keep the club going through an unprecedent

27 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What I find quite ironic about some of the posts on here is that a couple of weeks ago we had a thread  which went on for 6 pages saying "Time for the club to make a statement".  Now Carol has given an interview we have folk saying "she shouldn't have said that"!!

Well it’s her view nothing wrong with her saying it. It’s just something I personally don’t agree with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Whatever she'd said, Joe, some folk would have moaned.

Of course, that's football. Part and parcel of working in it. To an extent, that's life, especially if your audience is made up of 4-5,000 people from different backgrounds with different views. Unfortunately Carol is going to face disagreement on key decisions such as this. Her job is to make the best decision and filter out the people who disagree, and live and die by the consequences.

Edited by Joe B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What I find quite ironic about some of the posts on here is that a couple of weeks ago we had a thread  which went on for 6 pages saying "Time for the club to make a statement".  Now Carol has given an interview we have folk saying "she shouldn't have said that"!!
Yeah...I really didnt understand why people were desperate for her to say something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Walter said:

Think these horrid snakes we have as players have got her wrapped around their little finger. Disgrace.

We all know whats gone on but its getting a bit boring now,its happened,it happens at a lot of clubs including the Premier League,we dont know what went on for the players to turn but it did,we have to move on like or lump it sadly nothing we can do about it... not for a minute do i think its right i think its disgraceful but i like all of us am a vale fan so will support our team no matter who is playing for us or managing us. Only my opinion though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Just listened to it again. Comes across as very level headed and sensible, I can't seen where people have twisted the "players weren't trying" line from, she says no such thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Just listened to it again. Comes across as very level headed and sensible, I can't seen where people have twisted the "players weren't trying" line from, she says no such thing.

It's the belief that, if the players rang Carol to apologise, they therefore accept they weren't trying.

I think it's more to do with an acceptance that they were under-performing for a variety of reasons and wanted to put it right. I personally struggle to believe that Luke Joyce would ever down tools, even if his performances have been disappointing.

The desire of some fans to alter this to suit the view that it is the players fault entirely for Askey's departure has led to this current outrage, part of which feels a bit forced.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

What word can we use for them not putting in a shift for the fans and manager for some time then? Unprofessional?

Did Carol confirm some players have apologised to her for their recent performances under John Askey?

The worst part about it is the fact they haven't performed on purpose after many of us who have to scrape together season ticket money especially at this current time have backed them,also not fair on carol who backed them during the first covid lockdown making sure they all got full wages BUT as i say its happened we move on but oh boy do they owe us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Surprised about the comment regarding players phoning her to apologise and feel it would’ve been better kept in house.  My response to those players would be “Actions speak louder than words”.

My take on it was that i dont think she realised what she was saying at the time and how it would of come across to us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am probably totally wrong here(i often am) but are we reading a bit to much into this,isn't it only a rumour that players wanted Askey gone(we might just of been playing <ovf censored> because we were <ovf censored>)?? Maybe they were ringing Carol to apologise for their current form and not to apologise for playing <ovf censored> just to get rid of Askey. We can say well they won as soon as Askey went but that happens at nearly all clubs for the game after a manager goes,just another take on it and as i say probably wrong 🙂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


3 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

He did start well actually. Infact most fans loved him. 

I actually disliked him from that very first Supporters Meeting ,when he slouched in his seat with his classic "Twitter,Twxxxer" comment in front of young supporters ,who were sitting in front of him.I commented to a couple of long standing Vale fans next to me that I didnt trust him.Sadly ,I was correct.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am probably totally wrong here(i often am) but are we reading a bit to much into this,isn't it only a rumour that players wanted Askey gone(we might just of been playing <ovf censored> because we were <ovf censored>)?? Maybe they were ringing Carol to apologise for their current form and not to apologise for playing <ovf censored> just to get rid of Askey. We can say well they won as soon as Askey went but that happens at nearly all clubs for the game after a manager goes,just another take on it and as i say probably wrong 🙂 

I think there's certainly a lot of conjecture about rebellions, 'downing tools', and players giving up. People want a nice, neat explanation as to why things went so wrong, and players giving up on Askey and all being cowards/snakes is a nice, neat explanation.

In reality I think there was probably a couple of troublemakers but luck, injuries, the natural modern lifespan of managers, an overall decline in effectiveness of Askey's management, and 2 years of substandard recruitment also played a key role. 

Some people seem to have talked themselves into all sorts of theories, which leads them down the path of 1) hating the players, 2) stripping Askey of any agency, and 3) treating unfounded rumours as fact.

We'll never know for sure but I think these concerns will magically disappear once we win a few.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just listened to it again. Comes across as very level headed and sensible, I can't seen where people have twisted the "players weren't trying" line from, she says no such thing.
I got that from watching them not just what she said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think there's certainly a lot of conjecture about rebellions, 'downing tools', and players giving up. People want a nice, neat explanation as to why things went so wrong, and players giving up on Askey and all being cowards/snakes is a nice, neat explanation.

In reality I think there was probably a couple of troublemakers but luck, injuries, the natural modern lifespan of managers, an overall decline in effectiveness of Askey's management, and 2 years of substandard recruitment also played a key role. 

Some people seem to have talked themselves into all sorts of theories, which leads them down the path of 1) hating the players, 2) stripping Askey of any agency, and 3) treating unfounded rumours as fact.

We'll never know for sure but I think these concerns will magically disappear once we win a few.

Agreed. All those factors added up to a shitstorm for 2 months where we struggled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From how I read it the players were apologising for their performance in the Mansfield game, not the last couple of months? It's not ideal, but an apology for not meeting an expected standard of play is about all they can do - apart from making sure standards do not dip so low again - until I can get that DeLorean fixed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

My take on it was that i dont think she realised what she was saying at the time and how it would of come across to us

I’d 100% agree with you.  The interview was otherwise a good one, as is always the case with Carol.

It’s always worth us all remembering that she’s a fan, she was a fan before becoming owner, and it must be incredibly difficult for her to not wear her heart on her sleeve when giving these interviews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Hope not as I was on last night, Steve the Valefan from Clayton. 😁

Are you the one who knows a Grimsby fan name Graham, if so I think we have a mutual friend 🙂.

No it wasn't you I had in mind, the two stoke pleb battling it out and the guy who had been a vale fan "for 60 years and seen everything" and then went on to say we should be going for established promotion chasing managers Flynn and Duff were the ones I had in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Are you the one who knows a Grimsby fan name Graham, if so I think we have a mutual friend 🙂.

No it wasn't you I had in mind, the two stoke pleb battling it out and the guy who had been a vale fan "for 60 years and seen everything" and then went on to say we should be going for established promotion chasing managers Flynn and Duff were the ones I had in mind.

Yes Graham is a neighbour, sensible football fan. Ha Ha yes must admit always enjoy listening to Jimmy the Sjoke fan , controversial.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...