Carol on P ‘n’ G tonight

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

When did Blakeman become Paxman of Radio Stoke?

Tough twice in a week now.

I don't recall him going strong on anyone from stoke over Jones last year, I hope he doesnt think Carol is a soft touch .

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^This - those saying that Carols interview didn't inspire them with confidence, that the players are snakes etc obviously weren't listening to a word that she said!   We are going through un

There's nothing wrong with the players apologising to Carol. Her exact words (according to The Sentinel) were “The response I have had from players…I had players phoning me this week. I did have playe

Some of the commentd on this thread are genuinely disturbing. Carol has paid out millions over the odds to rescue the club from Smurthwaite, millions more to keep the club going through an unprecedent

Pope ,after doing ‘some digging ‘,said that Carol didn’t instruct JA to take the captaincy off him.It was Askey who made the decision.It was the lowest point in his career and when he was bo11ocked by Carol over twittergate he said he basically couldn’t have cared less due his mental state.There was no rift between him and JA .🙄🙄He also hinted that Bennet was crap and he should have been playing instead and would have got 20 goals last season( like he’s done in every season in his career).He said he hadn’t done anything wrong to warrant the way he’d been treated.Danny Pugh should be the next manager.Hope he gets well soon and hope we get ,in fairness,to hear what JA  has to say.

• Like 3

Pope ,after doing ‘some digging ‘,said that Carol didn’t instruct JA to take the captaincy off him.It was Askey who made the decision.It was the lowest point in his career and when he was bo11ocked by Carol over twittergate he said he basically couldn’t have cared less due his mental state.There was no rift between him and JA .He also hinted that Bennet was crap and he should have been playing instead and would have got 20 goals last season( like he’s done in every season in his career).He said he hadn’t done anything wrong to warrant the way he’d been treated.Danny Pugh should be the next manager.Hope he gets well soon and hope we get ,in fairness,to hear what JA  has to say.
Tom is the only striker I know of whose goals stats when he isn't playing are a lot higher than when he does. Ego bigger than Bella Emberg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Tom is the only striker I know of whose goals stats when he isn't playing are a lot higher than when he does. Ego bigger than Bella Emberg

So, which one is it?! :-

- pinched your dinner money at school

- took your ball

- picked on you / gave you a slap

- stole your girlfriend

- sh*gged your Mrs

- refused you an autograph

- didn't return your calls/texts

- all of the above?!

(you must feel physically sick whenever you go past the Club Shop and see Pope's image on there, along with other legends of the club!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

- took your ball

- stole your girlfriend

- sh*gged your Mrs

- all of the above?!

(you must feel physically sick whenever you go past the Club Shop and see Pope's image on there, along with other legends of the club!)

So true, it has to be one of those.

It’s actually embarassing when someone has nothing else to offer other than slagging a player off constantly. Forever trolling the board with the same stuff. Forever having to see his goals being replayed and his stats being used must be heart breaking. Forever having to try and convince those fans looking in from the outside and fans of the club who recognise what he brings to the side and how good he is at this level that he’s actually crap and everyone else must be wrong. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

How many of our strikers would play on with a broken arm though? 

Who knows? Let’s hope nobody else has to.Did Pope know he’d broken his?He said he carried on because the game was so important financially to the club.Im not sure that was the best choice to make.What if he had fell on it again?Career finishing injury?

26 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Nowadays some are out for six weeks with a messed up hair do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

So true, it has to be one of those.

It’s actually embarassing when someone has nothing else to offer other than slagging a player off constantly. Forever trolling the board with the same stuff. Forever having to see his goals being replayed and his stats being used must be heart breaking. Forever having to try and convince those fans looking in from the outside and fans of the club who recognise what he brings to the side and how good he is at this level that he’s actually crap and everyone else must be wrong. 

Why can’t people have an opinion about a player? Haven’t you?Sorry for Popey and hope he recovers but when he says he’d have scored 20 goals last season is Fantasy Island stuff.He has done that in ONE season in his career.

• Like 2

Advert:

I don't hate Pope. I just have a different opinion to a lot of you, based on what I've seen, and am not afraid to air it. I'm not stuck in 2013 like a lot of you seem to be.

- took your ball
- stole your girlfriend
- sh*gged your Mrs
- all of the above?!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Could Bella play as the lone striker in the 433 though? 🤔

51 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Non. 

40 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Who knows? Let’s hope nobody else has to.Did Pope know he’d broken his?He said he carried on because the game was so important financially to the club.Im not sure that was the best choice to make.What if he had fell on it again?Career finishing injury?

Did your grapes go off before you ate them? 🙂

Edited by Rampant Zebra

Or just plain green eyed monster jealousy

- took your ball
- stole your girlfriend
- sh*gged your Mrs
- all of the above?!
  • Like 1

I've never quite understood the moaning about the moaning.

I like many others here support the Vale for enjoyment however few and far between those moments are.

I mainly come onto ovf to read about Port Vale who I follow for enjoyment. Sometimes I will post something if I feel it adds a different perspective to the discussion.

Facebook did a study a while back where they only showed some people negative posts and other positive posts. The people who they showed the negative posts generally began posting negative things themselves and the ones who had been shown positive posts generally posted positive things. I stopped using Facebook regularly about this time.

When you come on here and all you read is negativity you can't help but let it rub off on you and you start not enjoying something that you use for enjoyment. I'm not saying everyone should view the club through rose tinted spectacles but a few weeks ago we beat Bolton away, a team we never beat 6 3. Most of the talk was about how it was only 1 game and we were weak defensively. After a run that was as bad as we were on perhaps people should try and enjoy the moments like that rather than pick up on the few negative aspects of the day.

Advert:

58 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I don't hate Pope. I just have a different opinion to a lot of you, based on what I've seen, and am not afraid to air it. I'm not stuck in 2013 like a lot of you seem to be.

How about 2014 then? - 16 goals

no?......2015 - 12 goals (still 1 in 3)

maybe.....2018 - 19 goals

try.....2019 - 14 goals

and.....2020 - only 10 goals for the 34-year-old (in a shortened season)

Seems that you are still stuck in 2013 as you keep referring back to it, seething that he scored so many goals that season!

(.....or maybe you're secretly a Bury fan, and are peed off that he didn't score as many for them in his 2 seasons than he has for us every season?!)

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid