onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol on P ‘n’ G tonight

Guitar Ray

Advert

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think there's certainly a lot of conjecture about rebellions, 'downing tools', and players giving up. People want a nice, neat explanation as to why things went so wrong, and players giving up on Askey and all being cowards/snakes is a nice, neat explanation.

In reality I think there was probably a couple of troublemakers but luck, injuries, the natural modern lifespan of managers, an overall decline in effectiveness of Askey's management, and 2 years of substandard recruitment also played a key role. 

Some people seem to have talked themselves into all sorts of theories, which leads them down the path of 1) hating the players, 2) stripping Askey of any agency, and 3) treating unfounded rumours as fact.

We'll never know for sure but I think these concerns will magically disappear once we win a few.

Agreed. All those factors added up to a shitstorm for 2 months where we struggled. 

From how I read it the players were apologising for their performance in the Mansfield game, not the last couple of months? It's not ideal, but an apology for not meeting an expected standard of play is about all they can do - apart from making sure standards do not dip so low again - until I can get that DeLorean fixed!!!

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

My take on it was that i dont think she realised what she was saying at the time and how it would of come across to us

I’d 100% agree with you.  The interview was otherwise a good one, as is always the case with Carol.

It’s always worth us all remembering that she’s a fan, she was a fan before becoming owner, and it must be incredibly difficult for her to not wear her heart on her sleeve when giving these interviews.

6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Hope not as I was on last night, Steve the Valefan from Clayton. 😁

Are you the one who knows a Grimsby fan name Graham, if so I think we have a mutual friend 🙂.

No it wasn't you I had in mind, the two stoke pleb battling it out and the guy who had been a vale fan "for 60 years and seen everything" and then went on to say we should be going for established promotion chasing managers Flynn and Duff were the ones I had in mind.

17 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Are you the one who knows a Grimsby fan name Graham, if so I think we have a mutual friend 🙂.

No it wasn't you I had in mind, the two stoke pleb battling it out and the guy who had been a vale fan "for 60 years and seen everything" and then went on to say we should be going for established promotion chasing managers Flynn and Duff were the ones I had in mind.

Yes Graham is a neighbour, sensible football fan. Ha Ha yes must admit always enjoy listening to Jimmy the Sjoke fan , controversial.

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

One of the highlights of praise and grumble is when they start the call with ive been a "insert team" fan for 70 years. 

I tend to listen for entertainment purposes only. 

4 minutes ago, ginge said:

One of the highlights of praise and grumble is when they start the call with ive been a "insert team" fan for 70 years. 

I tend to listen for entertainment purposes only. 

It's like a badge of honour. They say the many decades that they have watched the vale for and then go on to express some of the most ludicrous opinions and views. 

People complain when Carol didn't come out with a statement and now complain that she said the wrong thing. Some people must want Norman the clown back. Carol is doing a good job in difficult circumstances and I trust that her and Colin will make a decision when the right time comes for the club. 

Just now, Walka003 said:

It's like a badge of honour. They say the many decades that they have watched the vale for and then go on to express some of the most ludicrous opinions and views. 

Always gets me how they add an extra 5 years on as the phone call goes on. 

3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes Graham is a neighbour, sensible football fan. Ha Ha yes must admit always enjoy listening to Jimmy the Sjoke fan , controversial.

Jimmy...  The man contradicts himself every time he speaks. Full of sh*te.

I cringe whenever Brian from Weston Coyney comes on. For years he's only rang in to announce the impending financial demise of the Vale.  Never calls about the game,  good or bad, just that we've only got 12 to 18 months before we're gonners and any investment that we do have, is withdrawn. 

He must be gutted how we we manage to keep going,  year after year, despite his fiscal knowledge and logic 

Archived