onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol on P ‘n’ G tonight

Guitar Ray

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The fact is, loads of people on here have already written off this season.  So why splash out on a more expensive manager rather than see what happens with Pugh?  Bear in mind the current financial situation - there are limits to how much the club can continue to be subsidised by Carol and Kevin.  Let's just see what happens.  And don't say you haven't got an agenda, Joe.  Everyone has one.

Don’t sack a manager if you can’t afford to replace him. 

Advert

No it doesn't, just cutting cloth accordingly. Most important thing is stay up, Askey was leading the team, results were awful, she has made a change which has had an initial impact - if that + addition of some new blood to the team keeps us up or even better gets us into the play offs its job done this year. The way things were going there was a serious risk of us getting dragged into a relegation battle.
Mate if you get upset because I've called the players snakes then I'm not sure how you've made it through 2020.

And for the record I arent criticising Carol. She made the right decision RE JA and taking Pugh on may also be the right decision. Certainly not going to criticise her for being cautious...I just arent happy with the power these players seem to have. I'm angry about it at Port Vale, but it may not be just a Port Vale problem. Probably more likely a football wide problem.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Mate if you get upset because I've called the players snakes then I'm not sure how you've made it through 2020.

😆 bless, you think that you've upset me. I'm not upset, just pointing out that I think that you are wrong. We all love the Vale on here. I think that there may well be reasons why the players may not have been performing other than them being 'snakes' who downed tools to get the manager sacked. Not excusing them and they need to demonstrate quickly that they do care about results.

1 minute ago, Walter said:

And for the record I arent criticising Carol. She made the right decision RE JA and taking Pugh on may also be the right decision. Certainly not going to criticise her for being cautious...I just arent happy with the power these players seem to have. I'm angry about it at Port Vale, but it may not be just a Port Vale problem. Probably more likely a football wide problem.

Players have always held the power and it goes on in all clubs all over the world, even Sunday morning Potteries and District, what happened at Stoke with Nathan Jones ? were they busting a gut, although Blakeman wouldnt bring that up would he ? to think it doesnt go on is naive. 

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

For those of you who've forgotten how it works at Port Vale, here it is:

New Owner 'saves us' from horrible old owner - no criticism or discussion about anything they say or do. Everything they do is wonderful and we must trust in what they say 100% or else you're a nutter despite the fact that if the same words or actions came from the  previous owner, they'd be vilified for it.

What nonsense. V2001 started out as saviours of the club before morphing into borderline criminal activity, nil-paid shares and disappearing chairmen. The change was remarkable. Power corrupts so it seems. Smurf again started out well but used the club as his personal plaything, threatening to put it into liquidation whenever someone disagreed with him. For both, there was scant argument that either should stay in control of the club.

Carol has started out remarkably well and has a lot of goodwill with fans, deservedly so. That's not a honeymoon, that's genuine thanks for what she has done against what came before. Whether that continues is entirely down to her actions; to be frank, if we still have a league club to support in ten years time I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

The fact is, loads of people on here have already written off this season.  So why splash out on a more expensive manager rather than see what happens with Pugh?  Bear in mind the current financial situation - there are limits to how much the club can continue to be subsidised by Carol and Kevin.  Let's just see what happens.  And don't say you haven't got an agenda, Joe.  Everyone has one.

Leaving an appointment too long may mean some potential managers lose interest or get other jobs.How long should we wait,do you think?One or two months?Until the end of the season?Why advertise the job if Danny is the chosen one?What if we lose the next ten games?What about player contracts?JA got the sack because we were ***t and players weren’t trying apparently.Wasnt Danny Pugh part of the first team coaching staff?

1 hour ago, PortVale4Life said:

Liked her honesty and I massive thank you for saving the club (obviously) but didn’t like the overall message that once again were letting someone with no experience have a crack at it. We’ve been down this road numerous times and it’s not worked once, infact the complete opposite. The one time we pushed the boat out for a decent manager we got promoted. There’s a difference. 

If funds are so tight in covid then Askey should have been given the season. Not happy that Pugh has got this full season, basically airing that it’s just a complete right off and we will just see where we are come the end of the season. 

I guarantee if we finish what 12-15th then Pugh will have the job next year probably on a 2 year deal and we won’t progress. We will continue in this circle of just being stuck in this <ovf censored> league. Just stinks off a complete lack of ambition. Again. 

I think the problem with Askey having the rest of the season  was 6 points from 36 ending with a gutless performance against Mansfield.  Vale plunging down the table and no sign of improving.

10 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Leaving an appointment too long may mean some potential managers lose interest or get other jobs.How long should we wait,do you think?One or two months?Until the end of the season?Why advertise the job if Danny is the chosen one?What if we lose the next ten games?What about player contracts?JA got the sack because we were ***t and players weren’t trying apparently.Wasnt Danny Pugh part of the first team coaching staff?

Who picks the team, sets out the game plan, reacts to the unfolding of the game, decides on when the substitutions are made?  There are always plenty of managers about, has the job been advertised yet?

Archived