• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This signing is a prime example of how a club can benefit from respected owners. Players can now see that they will be looked after properly which was not the case under our previous owner. Not only h

OH NO....why have we signed him???? What a waste of money!!!! How many goals are we guaranteed he'll score? How much is he getting paid? Does he like Danny Pugh? Can't believe it......................

Great signing and a 3.5yr deal,they really rate the lad and imo what a show of intent from our owners....love my club i do

Posted Images

Well for once lets hope there is no conflict on the forum this should bring us all together, A massive boost and says a lot about Jake choosing Port Vale. We should all be delighted with this signing . Get behind the lads and lets push on. 

• Like 4

Advert:

Good signing. Hopefully this will bring the best out in Burgess too if Conlon/Manny aren't available - the two of them seemed to play well together last season.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

He didn't score for Scunny but I'm not sure if he played in a two in midfield or not. But yeah, I'd almost play him as an attacking midfielder if we play three in the middle at times, with the likes of Conlon and Oyeleke behind him. He has a good engine and obviously got into the box at times extremely well for us. It's a good signing at the end of the day as I think Whitehead is crap and Oyeleke far from reliable. I don't expect him to score every other game but if he can average one in 4 for us it will only be a good thing.

He has played in a 2 at Scunthorpe but for the most part they've tended to play 3 5 2. More recently he's played a couple of times as a 10 in a 4 4 1 1. It's not really worked for him there and he's generally been poor by all accounts. His one reasonable game was as a 10 against Walsall. As a young player it perhaps didn't help that Scunthorpe regularly changed formation.

From watching him last season I felt he was a player suited to a 3. He's busy and good at finding space. Not sure he quite has the skillset of a 10. He doesn't have a bag of tricks in a tight space the best 10s tend to have. He's more of an old fasioned inside forward. Burgess is similar when playing well; which to be fair he hasn't often achieved this season.

• Like 1

Taylor is evidence for me that there are a plethora of talent at Category 1 academies who just need minutes and some trust in professional football. We got a bit lucky stumbling across him originally (Sproson link, trained with us, didn't start consistently immediately), so we need to make this a standard signing.

Get a Chief Scout like George Foster and send his men out to the PL2 games every week. Have a list of players whose contract is up in the summer in each position. Highlight the good ones. Give 2 a contract on buttons. Hope one pays off. Profit. Repeart.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Taylor is evidence for me that there are a plethora of talent at Category 1 academies who just need minutes and some trust in professional football. We got a bit lucky stumbling across him originally (Sproson link, trained with us, didn't start consistently immediately), so we need to make this a standard signing.

Get a Chief Scout like George Foster and send his men out to the PL2 games every week. Have a list of players whose contract is up in the summer in each position. Highlight the good ones. Give 2 a contract on buttons. Hope one pays off. Profit. Repeart.

Yep exactly what we should be doing. There will be loads of quality players out there

OH NO....why have we signed him???? What a waste of money!!!! How many goals are we guaranteed he'll score? How much is he getting paid? Does he like Danny Pugh? Can't believe it..........................

Oh sorry......just pressed the fast forward button!!

Welcome back Jake, a great signing who will hopefully go onto greater things either here or at a higher level. Shades of a Ray Walker signing for me......here's hoping!

UTV

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Seems to have gone backwards at Scunthorpe , may need a few games to get in the groove.  Sunderland game may be a good one to start in. Felt when he joined us he didnt instantly click but we know he has it but may need a bit of patience while he finds his best form,

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Seems to have gone backwards at Scunthorpe , may need a few games to get in the groove.  Sunderland game may be a good one to start in. Felt when he joined us he didnt instantly click but we know he has it but may need a bit of patience while he finds his best form,

I think so too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Everyone’s backwards in Scunthorpe, he was just trying to fit in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Fantastic signing. The sort of player who has the potential to become a fixture in the spine of our team, hopefully for years to come, especially if Forest have a big sell on clause. 

Hopefully he'll play at a much higher level with us. 

Welcome back to VP.

UTV! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

This was his record at Scunny

Joined October 1st 

Started 9 games

Came on as sub 4 games

His first 5 games were 5 defeats , then they started to improve 

Ironically the first two games he missed injured they won both Oldham and of course Vale.

So he didn't have a great time there and it was a stop start career with them.

He starts here with a clean slate and a lot of memories from last season of his goals from midfield Orient and Swindon the standouts. , can he be the same player ? i sure hope so along with everyone else.

• Like 1