onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Taylor signs!!!

upthevale

Advert

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/story-behind-transfer-deal-port-4876048

Late interest from Salford but they wanted to move someone on first. It mentions "The value for Forest in this deal is in a significant sell on clause rather than an up-front fee" but not clear whether that means no fee at all or just a nominal fee.

Either way, good bit of business.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

He didn't score for Scunny but I'm not sure if he played in a two in midfield or not. But yeah, I'd almost play him as an attacking midfielder if we play three in the middle at times, with the likes of Conlon and Oyeleke behind him. He has a good engine and obviously got into the box at times extremely well for us. It's a good signing at the end of the day as I think Whitehead is crap and Oyeleke far from reliable. I don't expect him to score every other game but if he can average one in 4 for us it will only be a good thing.

He has played in a 2 at Scunthorpe but for the most part they've tended to play 3 5 2. More recently he's played a couple of times as a 10 in a 4 4 1 1. It's not really worked for him there and he's generally been poor by all accounts. His one reasonable game was as a 10 against Walsall. As a young player it perhaps didn't help that Scunthorpe regularly changed formation.

From watching him last season I felt he was a player suited to a 3. He's busy and good at finding space. Not sure he quite has the skillset of a 10. He doesn't have a bag of tricks in a tight space the best 10s tend to have. He's more of an old fasioned inside forward. Burgess is similar when playing well; which to be fair he hasn't often achieved this season.

Taylor is evidence for me that there are a plethora of talent at Category 1 academies who just need minutes and some trust in professional football. We got a bit lucky stumbling across him originally (Sproson link, trained with us, didn't start consistently immediately), so we need to make this a standard signing.

Get a Chief Scout like George Foster and send his men out to the PL2 games every week. Have a list of players whose contract is up in the summer in each position. Highlight the good ones. Give 2 a contract on buttons. Hope one pays off. Profit. Repeart.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Taylor is evidence for me that there are a plethora of talent at Category 1 academies who just need minutes and some trust in professional football. We got a bit lucky stumbling across him originally (Sproson link, trained with us, didn't start consistently immediately), so we need to make this a standard signing.

Get a Chief Scout like George Foster and send his men out to the PL2 games every week. Have a list of players whose contract is up in the summer in each position. Highlight the good ones. Give 2 a contract on buttons. Hope one pays off. Profit. Repeart.

Yep exactly what we should be doing. There will be loads of quality players out there

OH NO....why have we signed him???? What a waste of money!!!! How many goals are we guaranteed he'll score? How much is he getting paid? Does he like Danny Pugh? Can't believe it..........................

Oh sorry......just pressed the fast forward button!!

Welcome back Jake, a great signing who will hopefully go onto greater things either here or at a higher level. Shades of a Ray Walker signing for me......here's hoping!

UTV

Archived