onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Taylor signs!!!

upthevale

Advert

Hopefully what he did last season for us wasn't just some sort of purple patch. I don't think he was particularly brilliant in his overall game (not to say he was bad at all either) but his goals certainly made a big difference.

We're still desperate for another centre-back.

Would have thought as there was only 6 months left on his contract that there would be no fee. Some % sell on fee probably arranged. Welcome back Jake, lets hope you can recapture the form you showed last season and bring success to the club and to yourself.

Welcome Jake ! A real chance to make a name for your self ! Hope you do well. A big thank you to our owners for dipping there hands in yet again. Very    Happy with this signing , I think the future looks good with some of these young players like Jake,hurst and gibbo deffo the way forward UTV

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Hopefully what he did last season for us wasn't just some sort of purple patch. I don't think he was particularly brilliant in his overall game (not to say he was bad at all either) but his goals certainly made a big difference.

We're still desperate for another centre-back.

I was thinking this myself. I hope we are not banking on him being a goal machine due to his purple spell with us. He’s still young don’t forget and also hasn’t played a lot of football in the past year so let’s give him time to excel.

It is a good signing which certainly improves us. However, I never thought his all round game was amazing and I seem to remember him being anonymous for a few games when he first signed. He’s probably best suited as a number 10, getting in forward positions. 

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

I was thinking this myself. I hope we are not banking on him being a goal machine due to his purple spell with us. He’s still young don’t forget and also hasn’t played a lot of football in the past year so let’s give him time to excel.

It is a good signing which certainly improves us. However, I never thought his all round game was amazing and I seem to remember him being anonymous for a few games when he first signed. He’s probably best suited as a number 10, getting in forward positions. 

He didn't score for Scunny but I'm not sure if he played in a two in midfield or not. But yeah, I'd almost play him as an attacking midfielder if we play three in the middle at times, with the likes of Conlon and Oyeleke behind him. He has a good engine and obviously got into the box at times extremely well for us. It's a good signing at the end of the day as I think Whitehead is crap and Oyeleke far from reliable. I don't expect him to score every other game but if he can average one in 4 for us it will only be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He didn't score for Scunny but I'm not sure if he played in a two in midfield or not. But yeah, I'd almost play him as an attacking midfielder if we play three in the middle at times, with the likes of Conlon and Oyeleke behind him. He has a good engine and obviously got into the box at times extremely well for us. It's a good signing at the end of the day as I think Whitehead is crap and Oyeleke far from reliable. I don't expect him to score every other game but if he can average one in 4 for us it will only be a good thing.

They played him as a wingback

Archived