Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checked and it's a 6pm kick off this one. So don't get caught out.

Lightweight.

Seriously does anyone truly believe that Pugh will play that same 11 away from home again in the league? Not a chance on this earth will he. Seems like some are just using that side as an excuse

Posted Images

Marine looked more competitive against Spurs than we did there. Abysmal. We didn't even get in their half. These have 1 win in 9 in the division above, and we're playing like we're up against Man City.

What have we gained tonight, bar an 'avoidance of injury' which can occur in any game?

Waste of £10. Much more needed. 

Surely Pugh can't afford to be making 7 changes if he needs to win as many games as possible to get the job? Seems a very comfortable position to take for a man who should be fighting tooth and nail for the job.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Our shape is worrying. The midfield and back 4 look all over the place. They are getting between Legge and Mills way too easily, Mills is also coming too narrow as well. We can’t get the ball down at all and we look like we can’t string 2 passes together, the passing and movement from us is non-existent. Players are just lashing it anywhere. They look more than 1 league above us at the moment. 

Advert:

That is, without doubt, the worst half of football I’ve seen all season. According to sky, less than 30% possession, and not a SINGLE shot, never mind on target. 

I’m not blaming the players for this either. Obviously a couple were at fault for the goal. But this is entirely down to how we are set up. Robinson is completely isolated, even when we break no one makes any effort to get up and support. 

It’s so so negative, I feel like I’ve gone back in time and am watching us under Brown or Aspin towards the end of his tenure. So far this is enough for me to go off Pugh, if this is how he wants to set up away from home.

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Lucky to be just 1

Might sneak an equaliser if they let us have a kick second half

How, are they only fielding 5 players in the second half?🤣

He must be asking them to try for the ball in the 2nd half.  Can't get any worse can it?  Yep it could.

Feels like I’m saying this everyday but again we’ve showed that we are probably the nicest club in the football league. Pugh and co are probably praising them at half time.

Has nobody told them that this Sunderland team are only a league above us and are not in the Premier League.

The only consolation is that it’s 1-0 and we can’t be any worse.

Advert:

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Theo Robinson is somehow worse than the likes of Danny Glover and Kyle Perry. 

I agree with the fact hes not good enough but give the bloke a break hes not played in however long and not had much service has he 

• Like 1

Worryingly, whilst I have no commentary, there is clear distance between the two sides. This type of team is what we're aspiring to be up against week in week out next season. We're nowhere near.

Errrrmmm...is it my laptop or is Theo blowing a bit????? Christ that was like a training game for them. The funny thing is they think they are Barcelona the way they are playing but still making so many mistakes we are not feeding off. Think Dan's plan is penos.......

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I agree with the fact hes not good enough but give the bloke a break hes not played in however long and not had much service has he 

He hasn't played in however long because he's absolutely <ovf censored>. Along with Whitehead he should be the first out the door as soon as possible. 

• Like 1