Jump to content

Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Advert:


3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We’ve gone from being the worst side in the league to now a side all of a sudden capable of having a stormer in the space of a match. My comment of writing the season of was I reference to carol last night in which she has given Pugh to the end of the season and then look at it at the end of the year. 

Im not saying it's definitely going to happen but why cant it the first few games showed we are more than capable of getting results in this league 

 

also i must if missed when she said this season is a write off 

pugh getting it till the end of the season doesnt mean its written off she believes pugh is capable of doing well for the remainder of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im not saying it's definitely going to happen but why cant it the first few games showed we are more than capable of getting results in this league 

 

also i must if missed when she said this season is a write off 

pugh getting it till the end of the season doesnt mean its written off she believes pugh is capable of doing well for the remainder with squad 

She didn’t specifically say it. The comment of we will give it pugh to the end of the season and judge it from there, to me is essentially saying that. 
First few results yeah I’ll give you that, didn’t think we played particularly well in them but some good results. Think we need quite a few signings that would improve the starting 11 for us to have any chance in getting close to play offs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

She didn’t specifically say it. The comment of we will give it pugh to the end of the season and judge it from there, to me is essentially saying that. 
First few results yeah I’ll give you that, didn’t think we played particularly well in them but some good results. Think we need quite a few signings that would improve the starting 11 for us to have any chance in getting close to play offs. 

She obviously believes that it is best to wait until the season is over to look for a new manager so they can build a squad they want that in no way is saying this season is a write off keep the faith teams normally do well when fans start to write them off

 

i agree with you we do need quite a few signings but the quality of this league is pretty abysmal so if you can get the team playing for eachother and motivated then thats half the job done i wouldnt be surpised to see us go on a run of results now askey is gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s one hell of an if! We’ve only beaten Grimsby let’s see how we do against a decent side in forest green before getting so far ahead of ourselves. 

Exactly. So we shouldn’t risk key injuries then should we in a meaningless competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Powerline said:

Exactly. So we shouldn’t risk key injuries then should we in a meaningless competition.

I’d usually agree however personally I think we should given we’ve got to this stage. Good money on offer was hoping for a better 11. Nothing against the likes of visser playing, it’s that midfield that’s worrying me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


17 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Why have we written off the league? Theres a long way to go

if we can put a run of 5-6 wins in a short period we would not be far off the play offs 

 

Matter of winning 2 games more than teams above us below 6th place, but some have a few games in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone mentioned it yesterday but a midfield 3 (if that’s how we go for part of the remainder of the season) of Manni, Conlon and Taylor should be pretty decent. Even if we went with a 2 in the middle of midfield, I go with a fully fit Manni and A N Other. Hope he’s back soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...