Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

I wouldn’t put Pope anywhere this game tomorrow. I’d also be tempted to give Jake a half and rest Worrall Rodney and Monty too. 

visser

smith Legge Crookes Fitzpatrick 

Amoo Burgess Conlon hurst

taylor

Robinson 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checked and it's a 6pm kick off this one. So don't get caught out.

Lightweight.

Seriously does anyone truly believe that Pugh will play that same 11 away from home again in the league? Not a chance on this earth will he. Seems like some are just using that side as an excuse

Posted Images

i think we need to go as strong as possible and give this a right good go.  The money on offer is decent and just a couple of changes for me.

Brown

Mills Smith Legge Fitzpatrick

Worrall Conlon Burgess Hurst

Taylor

Rodney

Montano would be the one I would be resting, he breaks down too many times and after only just recovering, I would have him on the bench.

• Like 3

Go for it. League season is probably done. Let's have a crack at this, get the good feel to the club back. Maybe a run at this can galvanise the club into some form of competitiveness. The prize money for victory will be greatly appreciated by Carol after a costly week or so, 

The fans need a few wins after a pretty awful couple of months. I'd hope we could turn up tomorrow and give them a right game. 

Go same team as Saturday but put Taylor in for Pope (who shouldn't be played twice in 4 days) behind Rodney. Into these, etc etc. I want to enjoy watching Port Vale play to win, not the reserves out to meander to a 2-0 defeat. I've sat through enough sh!t for one season.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

I don't think the League's done just yet. A good run could get us back up there, it happens all the time.

If he's fit, giving Gibbo a half would be useful, rather than throwing him into a League game.

Go for it. League season is probably done. Let's have a crack at this, get the good feel to the club back. Maybe a run at this can galvanise the club into some form of competitiveness. The prize money for victory will be greatly appreciated by Carol after a costly week or so, 
The fans need a few wins after a pretty awful couple of months. I'd hope we could turn up tomorrow and give them a right game. 
Go same team as Saturday but put Taylor in for Pope (who shouldn't be played twice in 4 days) behind Rodney. Into these, etc etc. I want to enjoy watching Port Vale play to win, not the reserves out to meander to a 2-0 defeat. I've sat through enough sh!t for one season.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The French Connection said:

I don't think the League's done just yet. A good run could get us back up there, it happens all the time.

If he's fit, giving Gibbo a half would be useful, rather than throwing him into a League game.

100%. Just think this bunch of players have used their quota of insipid losses up for a season. I would quite like some wins, or at least some proper attempts at them. I cba turning it on and knowing we're losing easily tomorrow.

Advert:

45 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

i think we need to go as strong as possible and give this a right good go.  The money on offer is decent and just a couple of changes for me.

Brown

Mills Smith Legge Fitzpatrick

Worrall Conlon Burgess Hurst

Taylor

Rodney

Montano would be the one I would be resting, he breaks down too many times and after only just recovering, I would have him on the bench.

I agree we need to go with a strong team, but for me Visser isn’t a downgrade in quality from what we’ve seen, also Brisley hasn’t done much wrong and won’t need resting as he hasn’t played a great deal this season. Pope is the toughest choice, probably our best striker but at his age 2 games a week is probably too much.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I agree we need to go with a strong team, but for me Visser isn’t a downgrade in quality from what we’ve seen, also Brisley hasn’t done much wrong and won’t need resting as he hasn’t played a great deal this season. Pope is the toughest choice, probably our best striker but at his age 2 games a week is probably too much.

Agree about Visser, he has looked decent when he has come in, maybe go for Legge as he is suspended on Saturday and not to risk both Smith and Brisley in this game.  I thought Pope led the line on Saturday and showed despite what many say on here is still our best striker at the club but I don't think he can play 2 games in 72 hours.

• Like 1

Advert:

I cant see us winning this one if i am honest but i do want to see us give it a go under Pugh... this game actually interests me unlike most of those in the competition so far,its getting my interest back...

I genuinely think the financial implications, and the chance to give the club a tangible focus, makes this game potentially very useful. We risk this season meandering into mid-table nothingess, which is never great for ST sales.

Carol needs as much cash as possible to plug the financial hole. The players need something big to win back the fans. The fans need optimism and renewed belief in this management and playing staff. The club needs a bit of a jolt after a turgid winter.

I, personally, will be disappointed if the reserves are out tonight. Sunderland are really struggling at present and, with as much energy and workrate as Saturday, we could nick something. Suddenly, cash is in the bank, Wembley is on the horizon, we're 2 wins from 2 heading into Forest Green, Gibbons is nearly back, and the seas rapidly become more tranquil.

4231. Taylor behind Rodney. A change or two if needed for injuries, but get those players who performed on Saturday back out there as much as possible.

Advert: