onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Some people need to think before posting to avoid looking silly.

They make numerous posts on how crap half our players are, then start moaning when those same crap players fail to win an away game at the biggest club outside of the championship.

They're 10th in League 1 and have won 1 in 9. I'm not fussed how big they are.

Just because they played in the Prem a few years ago doesn't mean we should make 7 changes and put up zero resistance.

I actually don't think our players are that bad - though Crookes, Whitehead, and Robinson should not be starting in games of football we intend on trying to win.

I haven't seen one person moan about 'failing to win' - just the nature of the loss, which yielded an unwatchable 90 minutes of 'avoiding a pasting' after a difficult few months of watching a very similar performance on a consistent basis. I'm sick of watching us lose in such uninspiring cicrcumstances.

All this does is ramp pressure up for Saturday, which should have a large say in Pugh's standing amongst the candidates. Hope it pays off for him.

Advert

58 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So Pugh didn’t have to select from the players on our books, which players does he select from?

He shouldn't select bad footballers, considering he has worked at the club longer than anybody and knows the squad inside out.

As soon as I saw Whitehead and Crookes, I knew we were effectively accepting a defeat, however people wish to dress it up.  Robinson I accept maybe his hand was forced.

Hope we win Saturday. Sick of losing.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

We have youth players available. I’d much prefer to see to young lads given a go over them two clowns. Bailey is highly rated, give him a go. 

Imagine the uproar on here if he had done that and got the club a fine for playing ineligible players that didn’t meet the competitions rules of the number of players that played in the last league game, or have played at least 50 league games in their careers.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Imagine the uproar on here if he had done that and got the club a fine for playing ineligible players that didn’t meet the competitions rules of the number of players that played in the last league game, or have played at least 50 league games in their careers.

You've invented a strawman there.

I don't think it was ever suggested Pugh break the rules.

You've invented that claim, and then hypothesised people would kick off about it.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I don’t get the battering we got and should of been 6 or 7, Visser made 1 maybe 2 good saves, Whitehead hit the post but that was more our own errors.

20 shots but very few counted as real chances. Defended ok I thought.

It was more what we didn't do at the other end than anything else. We could barely put a few passes together for the majority of the game and their keeper could have taken a nap and kept his clean sheet. I had a feeling we would put in a bit of a turgid performance really and they didn't dissapoint. 

The next couple of games are massive for Pugh if he wants the role on a permanent basis. 

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Didn’t say for him to break the rules now did i? 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

You've invented a strawman there.

I don't think it was ever suggested Pugh break the rules.

You've invented that claim, and then hypothesised people would kick off about it.

I didn’t invent anything, it was V593 that suggested playing the kids such as Eden Bailey, this on top of the 7 changes we made anyway would have seen us breaking the rules.

and as for hypothesised, it’s for sure people would have kicked off on here, Christ they kicked off enough because we started with our only realistically available striker.

19 hours ago, Joe B said:

Why would Danny Pugh, who has been at the club for nearly 4 years and has been a coach for 2, need to take a look at some of the players? He should have an absolutely perfect knowledge of every player in there

Its a completely different environment without JA . The set-up has completely changed with Pugh, Sinclair and Paynter. You need to see if all of your players have responded, capable of taking on your own instructions and ideas into game. A new manager(even temp) has to give every player a clean slate to try and win a place in the team to make the squad competitive which is where we have been lacking. 

Watching the two matches so far Its been a noticeable the difference in approach.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

I didn’t invent anything, it was V593 that suggested playing the kids such as Eden Bailey, this on top of the 7 changes we made anyway would have seen us breaking the rules.

and as for hypothesised, it’s for sure people would have kicked off on here, Christ they kicked off enough because we started with our only realistically available striker.

People suggested playing a couple of the kids along with the nucleus of our first team, this would not have led to any rule breaking.  Why was Danny Whitehead playing yesterday instead of a youth player, why was Robinson preferred to Cullen, why was Crookes played instead of Fitzpatrick. Anyway we move onto Saturday.

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

People suggested playing a couple of the kids along with the nucleus of our first team, this would not have led to any rule breaking.  Why was Danny Whitehead playing yesterday instead of a youth player, why was Robinson preferred to Cullen, why was Crookes played instead of Fitzpatrick. Anyway we move onto Saturday.

Because Cullen has been out injured for a couple of months, yesterday was his first game back so Obviously not match fit to start.

How many times have we come away from Vale Park either in person or, this season,  in spirit feeling like we have been mugged after dominating the game only to concede late on.

Well we nearly did that last night ourselves. But typical of our luck this season Monty's cross shot didn't go in or get kicked in. 

Then today we find we will be without our talisman striker for the rest of the season after he was clattered.

plus  Hurst and Whitehead injured.

One match we could have definitely done without.

Archived