onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

18 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Can tell you right now if we lost 5:0 and went for it you and a lot of other people would be calling for pugh to go and get someone else in hahah

really dont get the major disappointment with tonight its a toss cup which not many teams take seriously 

lets see how the boys play on saturday and then make a judgment. 

to think pugh or any other manager would come in and get this team playing exciting attacking football after the run weve been on is unrealistic and fantasy land its going to take time whoever's in charge 

but you cant question that pugh isnt getting more out of the players than askey was he definitely is. 

win on Saturday and we will have won back to back league games something weve not done in months 

give him a couple of weeks to see how we get on before berating carol for sticking with him for the remainder of the season if we win a few on the bounce things will deffo be looking a lot better than it is now

Every game under askey you were kicking off about everything. Tonight was dreadful and you seem Happy. I’d we played like that under askey you would have been posting all game. On tonight I think you can question that. Some didn’t look up for it again.  We did nothing. Just sat there waiting to be beaten. 

2-0 should have been 5 at least so not sure what you point is. I’d prefer us to try and win the game, that was such a negative set and probably the most negative this season. 

Lets see how we do against forest green. For me there’s far too many players just not good enough. 

Advert

23 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Every game under askey you were kicking off about everything. Tonight was dreadful and you seem Happy. I’d we played like that under askey you would have been posting all game. On tonight I think you can question that. Some didn’t look up for it again.  We did nothing. Just sat there waiting to be beaten. 

2-0 should have been 5 at least so not sure what you point is. I’d prefer us to try and win the game, that was such a negative set and probably the most negative this season. 

Lets see how we do against forest green. For me there’s far too many players just not good enough. 

Exactly far to many players not good enough so what's a experienced manager going to do with them that pugh can't if a new manager comes in we need a complete overhaul of players which isnt possible now so bringing someone in now is potentially setting them up to fail and say they come in and get a bad run of results fans will be calling for there heads aswel so we may aswell let pugh see the season out and see where we are after that 

26 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

And yes tonight wasnt great but we only lost 2;0 under askey we would of been 5-6:0 

we are on the back of a dreadful run its going to take some time again i agree with you i dont thinj pugh is the right person long term but lets give him 3-4 league games before start slating him and saying its not the right decision carol has made 

Well here are my thoughts on the game first 45 Sunderland passed it well moved well scored one maybe should have scored more and were a delight to watch if your a Sunderland fan .

Vale were poor to watch not getting close enough to them and giving them the freedom of the stadium of light .

Second half in terms of application I thought we did a lot better we were putting a challenge in and got in some ok positions especially when Pope Cullenband the other sub come on in fact Cullen slipped it to Montano and he drilled it across goal it was the only moment in the match that Vale managed turn the sunderland defence around and look dangerous such was our performance .

No arguments though beaten by a Lee Johnson side he was the manager of Bristol City who got them to a semi final of something a few years back i think and you can tell that he as already getting Sunderland passing the ball extremely well ,I'd be surprised if they are not championship by end of season .

Credit where it's due as for Vale financially the 40k would have being nice but as with all our cup exits this season in each of them playing weakened teams 

I just do not get it we are possibly going finish mid table at best and we were 3 games away from Wembley last night ,one game away from Everton(league cup) etc what's the obsession with giving players game time ,get a reserve team league going play stoke 10 times etc our reserves v there 3 o'clock at there training ground weekly etc but do not weaken the side next year ,when will you learn Vale management ,a winning mentality is required you ain't going get one changing the team around all the time .

Some people need to think before posting to avoid looking silly.

They make numerous posts on how crap half our players are, then start moaning when those same crap players fail to win an away game at the biggest club outside of the championship.

It wasn't a great performance, we were outclassed by a far superior Sunderland team.

Despite barely touching the ball we were still in the game until the last minute.

The performance was very similar to the one that Kings Lynne put in against us. A similar late goal against them would have taken it to penalties before they got their 2nd. The Sunderland fans must be as annoyed that their team hadn't put the game out of reach by half time as we are by our performance.

We rode our luck and had the Monty cross/shot gone in it could also have been a different story.

I thought a moment that summed up the team at the moment was when Burgess got the ball approaching the right side of their box. Last season I think he would have took a touch and hit a shot. He like the rest of the squad are that low in confidence at the moment that he took it wide and crossed to Robinson. It's not that 1 moment that makes the difference but the hundreds of times during a game that that sort of option is taken by our players that result in some of the dismal performances we have seen the last few months.

7 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

And yes tonight wasnt great but we only lost 2;0 under askey we would of been 5-6:0 

we are on the back of a dreadful run its going to take some time again i agree with you i dont thinj pugh is the right person long term but lets give him 3-4 league games before start slating him and saying its not the right decision carol has made 

It should have been 5/6 - 0 they had over 20 shots and 17 corners! They battered us. 

36 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Some people need to think before posting to avoid looking silly.

They make numerous posts on how crap half our players are, then start moaning when those same crap players fail to win an away game at the biggest club outside of the championship.

Just because they’re a big club Dosent make them a particularly good side. Everyone seems to think we’re a big club in league 2 yet get beaten nearly every week. Not sure how that would make anyone look silly? We know the players are crap, pugh didn’t have to select them. There’s no way whitehead and Robinson should be getting selected regardless if we are resting players. Awful performance. Nobody is bothered that we lost, it’s the manor of the defeat and the complete lack of trying to win a game. Never seen a side set up so negatively. 

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just because they’re a big club Dosent make them a particularly good side. Everyone seems to think we’re a big club in league 2 yet get beaten nearly every week. Not sure how that would make anyone look silly? We know the players are crap, pugh didn’t have to select them. There’s no way whitehead and Robinson should be getting selected regardless if we are resting players. Awful performance. Nobody is bothered that we lost, it’s the manor of the defeat and the complete lack of trying to win a game. Never seen a side set up so negatively. 

So Pugh didn’t have to select from the players on our books, which players does he select from?

Apart  from the defending for their first goal  the defence did ok.A bit better  after Monty came on and later on  Taylor and Cullen.In hindsight maybe those three should have started,just to add more energy.An average Sunderland team  which we made look good.The jury is out on Danny.

I think he had to play the team he did if not to rest players for the league to at least see if they were also not playing well for Askey or they were just poor players. He now knows. And for me Crookes Whitehead and Robinson should be nowhere near the first team after their performance last night

It’s funny how often you see “it should have been 5” or “they should have been 2 up before we scored”. People always tend to concentrate more on something that didn’t happen because it’s a negative. Personally I thought shape wise we were all over the place, especially Mills. But we were still in the game til the last minute. 

11 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I think he had to play the team he did if not to rest players for the league to at least see if they were also not playing well for Askey or they were just poor players. He now knows. And for me Crookes Whitehead and Robinson should be nowhere near the first team after their performance last night

Agree with Whitehead and Robinson, however last night Pugh didn’t have much option.

Argueably our best striker Pope probably can’t play 2 games in 3 days because of his age, nowt he can do about that.

possibly our next best striker, Cullen has been out injured for however many weeks/months so would have been at best silly and irresponsible to start him, but he made a difference when he did come on.

Then we have Rodney who went off injured at half time on Saturday so he’s out of the equation.

which just left Robinson, little wonder we didn’t have too many shots.

Archived