onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

I don't think people equating being disappointed with tonight's performance with wanting Pugh out is fair. That's certainly not what I'm saying.

He deserves to be looked at over 4/5 league games. However, if we are still turning in performances like this then why would we wait till summer to change the manager? We did well against Grimsby but the we're an absolute shower.

Advert

People are using any excuse have a go at pugh we played a weakened side against a much stronger outfit and lost. 

judge him on the league performances 

nobody actually gives a stuff about this trophy so whys everyone going on like weve just been knocked out the champions league.

Joe,

Honestly thought that once Taylor and Cullen came on in particular, we were going to get to penalty kicks.

Unfortunately we didn't get onto Montano's cross shot although we had enough players in the box.

When we had got into the game Visser killed the momentum by putting a number of clearances aimed for Montano straight into touch, and then rounded it off by failing to reach the halfway line and conceding a penalty as they took advantage.

Thought Cullen showed why we should keep him and Robinson why we should get rid.

If Taylor and Cullen play on Saturday I would play with two up front and pressure FGR.

Would be interested to know just how 'inexperienced' that Sunderland side were. Seemed like some real quality there.

Keep the faith.

Roll on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

People are using any excuse have a go at pugh we played a weakened side against a much stronger outfit and lost. 

nobody actually gives a stuff about this trophy so whys everyone going on like weve just been knocked out the champions league.

The money may have been useful?

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Don't think anyone's fussed about losing. It's the manner of the loss, in which it was clear an hour before kick off we weren't bothering, and then didn't bother for 90 minutes.

I don't care much for the trophy but we've got to start winning games. The £40k would also help mid-window, and with the financial situation.

Again, using hyperbole and then discrediting said hypothetical hyperbole (knocked out the CL) is a woeful argument.

Vale fans, rightly, want to see Port Vale compete in games of football. I don't think that's too much to ask, or people wanting a pop at Pugh.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Don't think anyone's fussed about losing. It's the manner of the loss, in which it was clear an hour before kick off we weren't bothering, and then didn't bother for 90 minutes.

I don't care much for the trophy but we've got to start winning games. The £40k would also help mid-window, and with the financial situation.

Again, using hyperbole and then discrediting said hypothetical hyperbole (knocked out the CL) is a woeful argument.

Vale fans, rightly, want to see Port Vale compete in games of football. I don't think that's too much to ask, or people wanting a pop at Pugh.

And he has just took over a team who won 1 in 13 games hes clearly focusing on the league with his team selection. with the amount of fixtures being played im sure the club would prefer a bit more rest time for thr players. 

and again if the prize money was that important then im sure we would of named a stronger starting 11 

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Joe,

Honestly thought that once Taylor and Cullen came on in particular, we were going to get to penalty kicks.

Unfortunately we didn't get onto Montano's cross shot although we had enough players in the box.

When we had got into the game Visser killed the momentum by putting a number of clearances aimed for Montano straight into touch, and then rounded it off by failing to reach the halfway line and conceding a penalty as they took advantage.

Thought Cullen showed why we should keep him and Robinson why we should get rid.

If Taylor and Cullen play on Saturday I would play with two up front and pressure FGR.

Would be interested to know just how 'inexperienced' that Sunderland side were. Seemed like some real quality there.

Keep the faith.

Roll on Saturday.

I thought Taylor had a good run down the left and then ballsed the cross. Added energy, though.

Cullen didn't seem to do much, at all, but at that stage I was half-paying attention so may have missed something.

I don't think at any point we were in the game Dave, Visser's poor distribution aside. I definitely don't think he was at blame, considering he was one of the few who, by and large, did their job. 

Big game on Saturday. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

And he has just took over a team who won 1 in 13 games hes clearly focusing on the league with his team selection. with the amount of fixtures being played im sure the club would prefer a bit more rest time for thr players. 

and again if the prize money was that important then im sure we would of named a stronger starting 11 

I would have thought Pugh would be desperate to win every game, considering he's caretaker. He'll have some much more experienced names after the seat he currently occupies. He can't afford many losses.

Just now, Joe B said:

I would have thought Pugh would be desperate to win every game, considering he's caretaker. He'll have some much more experienced names after the seat he currently occupies. He can't afford many losses.

Are you really that bothered we lost? Im guessing hes going to be judged in his league results rather than a tin pot trophy game against a team much better than us

Archived