onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

We look terrible. One of the most one  sided halves of football I’ve ever seen. Have we had an attack? They’re one league above us not 5.

Agree with that watched non league Stockport against premier league West Ham and at least they had a go and efforts at goal, not 1 attack of note.

Advert

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Has anything happened in this first half? Like have we even made a decent pass ? Feel like I blacked out for most of it 

Not sure.  Nearly half time so must have been in a time zone or its been that bad we have all phased out of this rubbish.

This lot say they are trying for Pugh.  Has he pissed them off already and they have downed football boots.

Marine looked more competitive against Spurs than we did there. Abysmal. We didn't even get in their half. These have 1 win in 9 in the division above, and we're playing like we're up against Man City.

What have we gained tonight, bar an 'avoidance of injury' which can occur in any game?

Waste of £10. Much more needed. 

Surely Pugh can't afford to be making 7 changes if he needs to win as many games as possible to get the job? Seems a very comfortable position to take for a man who should be fighting tooth and nail for the job.

Our shape is worrying. The midfield and back 4 look all over the place. They are getting between Legge and Mills way too easily, Mills is also coming too narrow as well. We can’t get the ball down at all and we look like we can’t string 2 passes together, the passing and movement from us is non-existent. Players are just lashing it anywhere. They look more than 1 league above us at the moment. 

That is, without doubt, the worst half of football I’ve seen all season. According to sky, less than 30% possession, and not a SINGLE shot, never mind on target. 

I’m not blaming the players for this either. Obviously a couple were at fault for the goal. But this is entirely down to how we are set up. Robinson is completely isolated, even when we break no one makes any effort to get up and support. 

It’s so so negative, I feel like I’ve gone back in time and am watching us under Brown or Aspin towards the end of his tenure. So far this is enough for me to go off Pugh, if this is how he wants to set up away from home.

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Lucky to be just 1

Might sneak an equaliser if they let us have a kick second half

How, are they only fielding 5 players in the second half?🤣

He must be asking them to try for the ball in the 2nd half.  Can't get any worse can it?  Yep it could.

Archived